GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.29/1.30)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 192 comments
@ZokyCRO The game has been plagued by non-linear throttle since its release, where half throttle input was actually giving the car about 80% throttle with the top half being in a small sliver of control input. A few of us have been vocal about it but it's something that is overlooked by a majority of players.

@ZokyCRO The game has been plagued by non-linear throttle since its release, where half throttle input was actually giving the car about 80% throttle with the top half being in a small sliver of control input. A few of us have been vocal about it but it's something that is overlooked by a majority of players.

Will that make it easier to gauge throttle input on the pad?

Is there any way we can confirm this? Someone please!
Will that make it easier to gauge throttle input on the pad?
I tried it and it seemed a little less non-linear, it didn't seem fully linear to me (might just be me) but it was better than before. Traction felt easier in the gr.2 NSX (using the pad) in the Suzuka daily race qualifying practice

"We fixed an issue in GT League where opponent cars were not being refueled in the "GT League Endurance" races."

This makes it sound like the glitch might still work in Arcade mode. Can anyone confirm? It'd be nice if they threw us a bone for grinding.

The Livery Editor has changed. It tells you how many liveries left you have available to save.

Thank god. I hit the ceiling a while back and lost an hour's work being unable to save it. I've been deleting old saves before I start a new one since then.

The year of Porsche 911 GT3 (997) had been changed from 2008 to 2009.

And the short name of Mini-Cooper 'S' '65 is different... in Japanese version.

Good catch! The ‘short name’ actually remains unchanged, it’s the default that’s switched Cooper from Kana to English (ミニ クーパー 'S' '65 → ミニ Cooper 'S' '65) and matches the naming of the newly added Cooper S '05.

"We fixed an issue in GT League where opponent cars were not being refueled in the "GT League Endurance" races."

This makes it sound like the glitch might still work in Arcade mode. Can anyone confirm? It'd be nice if they threw us a bone for grinding.
Pretty sure this only happened with GR1 cars, because some days ago I did GR1 and GR3 endurance races, only GR1 had the issue

There's a new "Replace Decal" button when you press triangle on a decal layer, it replaces the decal in the same proportions as the one that is on the car (e.g. the same size, rotation, etc.)

Attachments

• Gran Turismo®SPORT_20181106095057.png
    Gran Turismo®SPORT_20181106095057.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 51
Okay question since I can't install the update due to no space on my PS4 (dang video's) but what is the limit for liveries?

I am a little annoyed to hear of this as I like to keep my old liveries just in case I need to amend something later but I noticed recently my
earliest ones have been deleted by the game which isn't a problem since I had no plans to edit them but makes it a teense frustrating as
there will probably be a point where I do have to edit one and can't amend it.

ELABORATE RIGHT NOW!

Is the throttle FINALLY linear?!?!?!
I just tried some cars, I dont think much has changed sadly... The first 50% of throttle you have to press the pedal a long way and the remaining 50% goes up quicker when you press to the bottom.
That's my impression after trying the exact same car, with exact same setup and exact same track as a race I did yesterday.

Step momentarily on the gas pedal when you're stopping, and the boost becomes max and the car will run very slowly.
It's a little like AT creeping, but is almost different.

This is most likely a behaviour of the clutch programming. If you drive any automatic car (in the real world) and take your foot off the brakes it will pull away slowly up to the engine idle speed in 1st gear.

Same applies to any car in GT Sport as (unless you're using specific wheel setups) there is no clutch programmed. Unless the car is in neutral, or has the handbrake applied, it will pull away slowly.

Wouldn't really say it's a bug TBF...

They changed the throttle! They finally changed the throttle! I'm so happy! :cheers:

I talked about this with a graphics engineer in Madrid. Will get fixed, they didn’t know about it.

That is good to hear :)

Fake news sadly.. Still very nonlinear and still very hard to finess on acceleration. Very easy to spot in my favourite Gr3 GT LM - you start to loose traction in a fast corner and your screwed as pedal is causing either more spin due to too much power or engine braking due to too little power.

Steady speed pedal movement on both..

Old

There's a new "Replace Decal" button when you press triangle on a decal layer, it replaces the decal in the same proportions as the one that is on the car (e.g. the same size, rotation, etc.)
FINALLY!! I‘ve been needing this so many times when creating license plates :D

One thing i dont understand is that PD answered alot of things the comunnity asked. About the mirror on other views and stuff like that, but they never answered anything about the throtle. WHY??

Back