GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.29/1.30)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 192 comments
If only more would actually do that though as opposed to just ranting to their twitter page or Instagram every time after an update drops (which is my main issue).

Yep! I have gotten many issues big and small fixed in GT Sport by reporting them there.

Two things I think I noticed in a quick go last night was that AI did seem more aggressive, not rough but would push into gaps more. I also felt the throttle didn't fluctuate on full throttle with TC off. More breaking into wheelspin smoothly. Further investigation required.
After further testing it's still fluctuating on full throttle with TC off. But as others have noticed it may be a grip thing, being more progressive.

Has anyone else noticed that the Wheelspin looks darker than before? I swear they changed the BG color to black instead of red...

Something changed with the chasecam i thought the settings where changed but they are not but it feels and looks diffrent to me.....

I have to say its still a big shame that they cannot hire a person or ask an employer to just follow the forums online. Even a bigger shame they are not doing it volunteerly themselves already. So many workers and not one of them is following this forum closely. Sure there were sounds that they were reading here as well but come on.

Also I have mentioned a couple of times that GTP needs to get its grip professionally and get a spokesman that can react on behalve of GTP community towards PD for the “main issues and bugs” of the game. I also have heard such contacts already existed. But the information stream is silent so we as users are never sure how updated this info is. We do hear all the time that “GTP is not PD”.

I mean we can all move to “PlayStation official forum” but I guess there should be an easier way than that shouldnt it ? It should not be so difficult by the moderators to come together and take some action and start an open thread and assign one person (being a mod or just a member who volunteers) who will speak on behalve of GTP on the official forum side. With links to the GTP threads for the issues.

Ashame actually from both sides cause we could work so good together.

Should I start a fresh new thread about this “request” ?

Last edited:
I have to say its still a big shame that they cannot hire a person or ask an employer to just follow the forums online. Even a bigger shame they are not doing it volunteerly themselves already. So many workers and not one of them is following this forum closely. Sure there were sounds that they were reading here as well but come on.

Also I have mentioned a couple of times that GTP needs to get its grip professionally and get a spokesman that can react on behalve of GTP community towards PD for the “main issues and bugs” of the game. I also have heard such contacts already existed. But the information stream is silent so we as users are never sure how updated this info is. We do hear all the time that “GTP is not PD”.

I mean we can all move to “PlayStation official forum” but I guess there should be an easier way than that shouldnt it ? It should not be so difficult by the moderators to come together and take some action and start an open thread and assign one person (being a mod or just a member who volunteers) who will speak on behalve of GTP on the official forum side. With links to the GTP threads for the issues.

That would be better, less chance of it being buried.

Something changed with the chasecam i thought the settings where changed but they are not but it feels and looks diffrent to me.....
Just touch every chase-cam setting and it will come back to normal.
For some reason it got really stiff after the update.
And... looks like the camera settings don't save, so you'll have to fiddle with them after every game launch.

BTW, the cockpit camera in the Alfa Romeo Road Car is still broken. =(

Last edited:
Just checked the Chase Cam and it definately seems stiffer.

They do read this forum from time to time but bug threads often degenerate into massive discussions and a lot of relevant info gets hidden deep inside them. Good idea to have a spokesman but try and get a mod onside to try and keep the clutter down.👍

Tag Tassie_tiger or MasterGT (MastrGT and Tassie_Tiger on PS forum) as they can contact PD but don't bother them unless it's a serious bug. There's a long list of small bugs you could start with but as they're not game breaking, their priority will be very low. They could give the link (ask a mod for a sticky?) to PD for quick reference.

If anyone can be bothered to find and compare chase cam footage it seems stiffer at the rear like only the front rotates. Before, it was still stiff to the car, but it felt more evenly distributed.

I talked about this with a graphics engineer in Madrid. Will get fixed, they didn’t know about it.

That is good to hear :)
The new RB X2014 Standard sound is much better compared to before. Still not as good as GT6 though.

The AI in that race however, dear god. They have no spatial awareness whatsoever. Tried to race clean but got PIT maneuvered on the straight! Needless to say I won't be using it for grinding credits. The La Sarthe race is still the most profitable and most consistent.
Which one is that? Can you link some post about the method pls?

Sorry for double post, but editing went bonkers..

And sorry for misunderstanding - thought this thread is not for discussion, but it was just in case of DOCUMENTED changes. :embarrassed:

Here goes

Random two (not very fast) laps for reference. I think the car looks and feels a lot more natural. Its not sliding all the time as before. More predictable also.. Some accidental drifting on kerb i wouldnt have dreamed of surviving before.

And call me crazy, but on gravel i now actually feel like im driving the car instead of ice skating. Grippy gravel in Gran Turismo... Whaaaat.

What is this witchcraft..

Maybe ive been proberly placeboed. :lol:

Or then theres some changes for the ffb/feel of the T-GT. Using T-GT without the extra rumble feedback.

Looks like i am not the only one who noticed that tires became grippier. 330 P4 defo became more stable on Racing Softs than i remember. It brakes better too

Sorry for double post, but editing went bonkers..

And sorry for misunderstanding - thought this thread is not for discussion, but it was just in case of DOCUMENTED changes. :embarrassed:

Here goes

Random two (not very fast) laps for reference. I think the car looks and feels a lot more natural. Its not sliding all the time as before. More predictable also.. Some accidental drifting on kerb i wouldnt have dreamed of surviving before.

And call me crazy, but on gravel i now actually feel like im driving the car instead of ice skating. Grippy gravel in Gran Turismo... Whaaaat.

What is this witchcraft..

Maybe ive been proberly placeboed. :lol:

Or then theres some changes for the ffb/feel of the T-GT. Using T-GT without the extra rumble feedback.

I haven't had a chance to try myself, but it sure seems like there's more suspension work now, which is a good thing.

They do follow the forums. At least the bug report thread.

Finally!!!!
this is cool, id like to be able to save colurs the you had created in the pallet selector, I painted a 330 in a Yelllow took me ages to get the colur I wanted its like a old vintage yellow i'd like to paint the GTO in the same colour but this is progress bit by bit

Looks like i am not the only one who noticed that tires became grippier. 330 P4 defo became more stable on Racing Softs than i remember. It brakes better too

I haven't had a chance to try myself, but it sure seems like there's more suspension work now, which is a good thing.

They do follow the forums. At least the bug report thread.

If someone could still check if theres changes in bop suspension setups.. Thats one option.

But that wouldnt explain the difference in gravel.

I think that the strange shifting of the Mercedes F1 has been fixed. Before, the spacing of the gears was really strange compared to that in F1 2017. For example, there was no change in RPM when you shifted from 7th to 8th, and no it's not the custom transmission, I experienced this on stock transmission as well.

Right could be placebo but the physics definately seem improved. Tires feel more grippy it also feels like you can feel the change in the surface the tire hits. When hitting curbs the loss of grip feels more prominent and more natural. It's less of a instant snap of grip to no grip. Its like you can tell when your wheel is fully on the curb and partially on the curb. The road surface in general feels like it's more noticeable aswell, maybe they have done something to the suspension? I also feel like tire temps are playing a more critical role now. First lap in the zonda R it was understeering more and had to take corners at a slightly slower pace than usual. After the first lap I could brake later and go faster through corners. This was on catalunya. Something definately feels like it's changed and for the better. I just can't pinpoint what exactly.

Right could be placebo but the physics definately seem improved. Tires feel more grippy it also feels like you can feel the change in the surface the tire hits. When hitting curbs the loss of grip feels more prominent and more natural. It's less of a instant snap of grip to no grip. Its like you can tell when your wheel is fully on the curb and partially on the curb. The road surface in general feels like it's more noticeable aswell, maybe they have done something to the suspension? I also feel like tire temps are playing a more critical role now. First lap in the zonda R it was understeering more and had to take corners at a slightly slower pace than usual. After the first lap I could brake later and go faster through corners. This was on catalunya. Something definately feels like it's changed and for the better. I just can't pinpoint what exactly.
I'm getting the feeling too. I can't place it.

Back