GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.31)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 90 comments
Very small one but prior to the patch after you finished a League race and went back to the race choice menu the top level menu (Am, Pro End etc) used to flash up momentarily before the correct menu was shown. It no longer does that after the patch - shows the correct bottom level menu immediately.

CJ

Silly little thing but it always fidgeted me when it popped up. Happy if it's been fixed.

A more major change that irritates me is that the car displays continue to run in the background behind other menus such as the Discover section. That's one change I always pray to see listed, but nothing doing yet...

Looks like completing Campaign events (for example, Catalunya circuit experience) doesn't show up in your Activity Feed anymore.

What is this gauge again?

This guy explains it the best as I myself would be unable to verify:

The circle gauge bug has been fixed.
The zero point doesn't move when about a half of the gauge is filled.

I do have to question though if he's reffering to the fuel gauge with the way he's worded it.

A little undocumented changes... when you export a photo on USB drive now you have to press X at the end of the process for every single photo... quite annoying

Considering there is STILL no option to export multiple pictures at once (which has been annoying since the game came out), I'd hardly say this little Addition itself is anywhere near as inconvenient. Still a change though.

I'm pretty sure this is new.....

Front LSD adjustments are no longer available on the Tomahawk X VGT. :grumpy: :boggled: :irked: Those B:censored:ADS!

Also it's Camber Angle is not adjustable but I cannot remember now if it ever was.

That's interesting.

Very small one but prior to the patch after you finished a League race and went back to the race choice menu the top level menu (Am, Pro End etc) used to flash up momentarily before the correct menu was shown. It no longer does that after the patch - shows the correct bottom level menu immediately.

CJ

So in other words, improved menu transition. Noted.

Pretty minor, but the LED light strips on the 919 headlights got more pronounced. At night the purple color prominent.

Can confirm those are much more lit then before going off a video capture I had.

Adding all these changes.

Last edited:
Delete replays from your library and try again
Its just the notification. Saving full length replays even without deleting anything on the PS4 is just as usual.

Only happened in endurance races with this update.

Its just the notification. Saving full length replays even without deleting anything on the PS4 is just as usual.

Only happened in endurance races with this update.

It's because there's a limit on the server for how many things you can save. It has nothing to do with your hard drive, it's that you've accumulated a large amount of data in the form of replays, pictures, liveries, etc. It comes up on endurance races for you because only those races are long enough to take up enough space to reach the limit. It's not new, it's been in since day 1 as far as I know.

You can see the remaining space if you open your library and look in (I believe) the top right, or hit Triangle on a replay or picture and it'll tell you how much space it takes and how much you'll have if you delete it.

Last edited:
But it is so difficult to make a race that really should be customizable? I want to be able to choose my opponents, their positions... I'm tired of seeing the usual situations, Gr.3 and Gr.4 desperately need custom modifications: Most of all it is unnerving to always see the two BMWs hare with the GT-R not far away. Instead in Gr.4 I summarize everything with Mégane. Why call it a "CUSTOM RACE" if you can not customize anything but the rules?

refueling takes ages now in lobby

Sounds like the extended time for fuel flow now extends to Online.

On the side note, the interface for "Change Location" on the garage has been changed.

So it wasn't just me that noticed (though its easy to miss)

Sometimes this happens when entering the track in online lobbies...

That would go in the Bugs/Glitches thread.

Sometimes this happens when entering the track in online lobbies...

This happened to me as well yesterday in a lobby when there was a track vote and northern isle won (for some strange reason). I entered the track with my P1 GTR, and the autodrive hit the wall and went around in circles and wasn't able to exit the pits.

This is pretty significant:

the AI no longer cross-shops N-Class cars in Custom Race

View attachment 784649

View attachment 784650

View attachment 784651

Also on a side note and somewhat unrelated, the AI still cannot choose the BMW M3 in the Gr.3 class for any campaign or custom race.

Yeah, I posted replays with the F50 in my N300 custom races.
I posted in the General thread, this has now changed for me. Yesterday(Sunday), I still had N400+ cars in my N300 Custom Races. This morning(Monday), I now have only an N300 grid.

5845698780304803352_0.jpg

Tire deformation looks much more apparent since the last update.
Noticed while taking the P1 for a spin, looks like the tires are about to pop at every high speed turn i take:dopey:
Yep.
Now, you can take photos with smoke in PS4 Standard
And yep
IMG_6117.JPG

Yeah, pictures with smoke been there since day 1 on vanilla PS4.

However, if you pause the replay, the smoke often disappears once you press play again, or skip one frame forward. So if you want all the smoke, you need to pause at the very right moment :)

IMG_6121.JPG
IMG_6122.JPG
I don't do lobbies, but any pics for others to see?

As for the N300 grid. It's still the same. Even the M3 '07 made an appearance:

Ive noticed a change in how ghost cars handle themselves since the update. It seems that ghost cars become solid objects again atleast half a second before they actually un-ghost. Has happened 3 times to me now where I have gone to go through a slow moving ghost only to 'hit' the car then for it to un-ghost a few moments later, well after I would have gotten past had I gone through them.

Back