GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.31)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 90 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
GT Sport Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For each update released, there lies the potential for changes undocumented in the initial patch notes. Please report any Undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are disgusted here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs&Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png

Documented Changes

Main Features Implemented

1. New Cars

- The following 9 cars have been added:

・BMW M3 Coupé '07
  ・Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray Sport Coupe (C2) '63
  ・Ferrari F50 ‘95
  ・Greddy Fugu Z
  ・McLaren P1 GTR’16
  ・Pontiac Firebird Trans Am '78
  ・
Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance '12

2. Track

- The "Tokyo Expressway South Layout" Track has been added with two different layouts:
  ・Tokyo Expressway - South Outer Loop
  ・Tokyo Expressway - South Inner Loop

3. Campaign Mode
- The following events have been added to "GT League:"
  ・ "Nissan GT-R Cup" Rounds 4 and 5
  ・ "Real Circuit Tours" Rounds 4 and 5
  ・ "Merceds AMG Grand Prix" Rounds 6 and 7
  ・ "Gr.3 Endurance Series" Round 5

- "Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya" has been added to the "Circuit Experience".

4. Scapes

- “Season’s Greetings – ‘Scenes with Lights'” has been added to the special featured section

5. Brand Central
 - "Pontiac" and "Tesla Motors" have been added;
 - Additional Scapes have been added to the special featured "Peugeot" section.

6. Museum
 - The "FIA" section has been added to the Museum

7. Controller

- The DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller and steering controllers will now have an automatic switching system. When the throttle or brake on one type of controller is pressed while driving, that controller will be enabled and the other controller disabled.

Other Improvements and Adjustments

- Various other issues have been addressed.

Undocumented Changes

- Refueling in Custom Races has been slowed down.
- A bug in the Circular gauge has been fixed

- Backfires have been fixed.
- When exporting a photo from "My Library" to a USB drive, a prompt for the x button has been added after the process is complete.
- Front LSD adjustments on the Dodge Tomahawk X VGT have been disabled.
- The LED light strips on the headlights of the Porsche 919 Hybrid have been adjusted with much more illumination.

Last edited:
I have no way of confirming the AI code, but using Gr.3 & Gr.4 cars, in Custom races, at the new TEOL and TEIL tracks, they're not goofy. I'm having some nice races so far.

OP has been updated with the Official Update patch notes as well as one of the first Undocumented changes.

JENKINS!!!!

I think that being in a new scapes (a documented change) kinda makes it not a undocumented change.

The circle gauge bug has been fixed.
The zero point doesn't move when about a half of the gauge is filled.

Backfires are back

Added.

They still didn't fix the "upshift after pause" bug tho :(

More of an issue to post in the Bugs/Glitches thread (especially sense its by default not a change at all)

What "up shift after pause" bug are ya'll referring to? If this is referring to if you shift to fast it goes to neutral then I feel this is just added realism. On some cars, especially older ones, if you shift too fast and jam it into gear you'll grind or screw up the synchros. I know quite a few people who have had to rebuild their transmissions multiple times because they shift like a retard and jam it into gear everywhere they go. I don't see this as a bug at all. It makes the game more real in my opinion. I've noticed in the game that you can shift some cars faster than others and this is true in real life.......

Did they Add in new In Game Display in Cockpit mode as seen in the preview lap of the Tokyo Inner Loop on the GT YouTube Channel ? I can't find the setting anywhere :(

What "up shift after pause" bug are ya'll referring to? If this is referring to if you shift to fast it goes to neutral then I feel this is just added realism. On some cars, especially older ones, if you shift too fast and jam it into gear you'll grind or screw up the synchros. I know quite a few people who have had to rebuild their transmissions multiple times because they shift like a retard and jam it into gear everywhere they go. I don't see this as a bug at all. It makes the game more real in my opinion. I've noticed in the game that you can shift some cars faster than others and this is true in real life.......
The bug is that if you pause the game, abd then unpause it, the x press used to press continue, is also registered as an input. So if you have mapped to shift up, the car will shift up.
In my case I have it mapped to my right indicator, so that turns on every time I unpause the game.

I highly doubt it's an intentional feature, though. If @Lord Protector is speaking the truth, I would like to see a source on that.

Back