GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.43)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 82 comments
They added a horizontal scroll on GT League events for those events that have over 7 races...But they also added said scroll for the events that also had only 7 races.

Before the patch, the events with 7 races had all races neatly packed in the screen without a scroll.

The gear ratios of the Fittipaldi EF7 have been adjusted to be much longer. The car doesn't max out nearly as early as it used to. It's great.

FINALLY. Gear ratios are the only thing that prevents me from driving the EF7. Would be a lot better if it was fully adjustable but I'll take this.

Could you be more specific? So all arcade races no longer give money and experience points, just mileage points and fuel used gets allotted?

My go to track is Blue Moon Bay, Arcade mode, custom race, Mazda sports car N100, opponent on professional and GR1, all Assists OFF, auto gears, boost OFF, 2 cars in field, endurance usually 20-22hrs and usually nets 4.200.000 credits for second. Rubber bands on triggers on DS4 controller. The first time I tried it after 1.43 I thought I lost out because I didn't claim the prize soon enough after completion. Next time I did it as soon as the race was finished and then I trialled it on 60mins and watched the last 2 mins of the race and claimed (well, tried to) the prize at the end.

In all cases no money or or experience points :-( Yes, mileage points and fuel consumption still awarded.

Having said that when I did this on my first account it took 4 endurace races like this to go fro level 49 to 50. That is nearly 80 hours of driving!!!

So hopefully we can find a way around this because I can see no way any sane person with a life ever achieving the Platinum trophy by reaching level 50.

I should add I only have this and a few more online races to do to get the Platinum on my second account as I have done everything else.

What they meant is that the last update added those options to Sport Mode practice as well. („Reset Position” doesn’t seem to have any effect for me though :confused:)

The ghost will only reset if you fall behind by a certain amount (unsure on value here), and it won’t reset until the start of the next sector.

I did not see the option to map the wipers for the T-GT wheel.

Interesting. I know you can’t map for DS4 but I thought someone said you can for wheels. Mind you there is no need to turn the wipers off as it doesn’t stop raining so maybe that’s why.

Wipers are propably already mapped to L3 or R3 in your T-GT. The two small buttons on the wheelbase right hand side.

OK here goes a fairly important undocumented change that I have been testing.

Rubber banding to earn money and experience points is now all over :-( You still earn mileage points and fuel used though.

Because I have been bored with this game for months I decided to earn my platinum trophy on my other account. It is not really important to buy cars for this (although you do need some) BUT it the experience points to get to level 50 is what the real killer is.

I have worked my way up to level 42 (rubber banding) and as of the implementation of 1.43 it now no longer works.

Can anyone else confirm this?
I done a 4 hour Rubber banding race yesterday, I earn money and mileage and experience points.

I done a 4 hour Rubber banding race yesterday, I earn money and mileage and experience points.
Perhaps it doesn't award money and XP when "rubber banding" is done over a certain threshold? Perhaps if it senses that the inputs have not varied for a certain number of hours, it meets criteria to not award the player money and XP? Just a thought. I am in no position to test this myself unfortunately.

Could I have some more information please. Where? What track? What race conditions etc?

I have tried 3 times since the update and all failed. 2 races at 20+ hrs and one at 60mins.

Could I have some more information please. Where? What track? What race conditions etc?

I have tried 3 times since the update and all failed. 2 races at 20+ hrs and one at 60mins.
Blue Moon Bay, Arcade mode, custom race Mazda sports N100 vs Gr.1 car, endurance race 13 hours and a second place prize money below and I did this overnight.
My Great Capture Screenshot 2019-08-31 08-58-52.png

Blue Moon Bay, Arcade mode, custom race Mazda sports N100 vs Gr.1 car, endurance race 13 hours and a second place prize money below and I did this overnight.
View attachment 847231

I did a manual game save, shut down the game and did a full PS4 re-start. I trialled the rubber banding again and now everything is fine.

It would appear to be some sort of PS4 issue where updates only fully load when the PS4 is completely shutdown rather than just restarting the game after and update.

So all is fine now :-)

I find this (for lack of a better word ) rather pointless condidering you can get the same money from the premium sports launge in 1 hour do whatever you like im just saying.

For a full 24hr race the payout is about 4,900,000 credits with about 3 minutes of actual human input. So no, in my opinion it is not pointless but very useful and very labour efficient way of earning credits ;-)

Right up to the point where I (on my first account) bank 15mil cars. So when I have a spare 2 or 3 15mil cars I sell them if/when there is an update and some very expensive cars are released and I need over 20mil BTW usual cash balance I keep is 15-20mil.

For a full 24hr race the payout is about 4,900,000 credits with about 3 minutes of actual human input. So no, in my opinion it is not pointless but very useful and very labour efficient way of earning credits ;-)

Right up to the point where I (on my first account) bank 15mil cars. So when I have a spare 2 or 3 15mil cars I sell them if/when there is an update and some very expensive cars are released and I need over 20mil BTW usual cash balance I keep is 15-20mil.
If it works for you thats good but i still can't find were the efficiency is. Here is what i usualy i play that race 2 hours per day (10 races) whille having something to hear on my phone at the end of the day 3+ million/day and time to play something else furthermore by the time you will clock in 12 hours (2.450.000) i ill be at 20 buy the car i wanted and started saving up for the next one.

View attachment 847231
I did the same 2 days ago together with the monza race GR1 tired to wait the Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto CN.2521 1961 that i'm waiting since so much time in the daily roulette.
Still miss 3 cars in the game , Aston DB3S CN.1 1953 , Ford Mark IV Race Car 1967 and Jaguar XJ13 1966 .
But the 250 GT was my favorite and now i'm doing a setting for it,:dopey::dopey: i'm in heaven.

7133702920006010409_23.jpg

Text messages are posted noticeably faster. I didn't change my ISP before the update so it's not the ping that has changed, nor is my ping better than before. Maybe they just improved the response times server-side.

Last edited:
I now have a bug where sometimes the game doesn't make a beeping sound when I finish a sector, and sometimes it even gives me a purple "Best" box when I'm actually slower (like purple sector +0.305).

I now have a bug where sometimes the game doesn't make a beeping sound when I finish a sector, and sometimes it even gives me a purple "Best" box when I'm actually slower (like purple sector +0.305).

Reminder: Any Physics changes or bugs belong in the appropriate threads mentioned in the OP, not here.

Ah, got it. Have never tried the feature so have no idea how well or not so well it works.

Ok then.

Well, sorta makes sense. Kinda abit too much water for the brakes to really get hot (at least I've never witnessed it ever happen).

Played a race yesterday and my brakes were definitely red in the wet.

I just noticed that the J-Sports Meeting event at Tokyo Central went from a night race (18:00) to a morning race (06:50)...
Same with RBR Circuit Experience. from sunny to cloudy. I created a new account and found the time changed. Went to my original account that I completed that CE and found it was cloudy as well. The next photo is of the CE tutorial that is in clear weather.

ED7CEjnUwAA11hX

ED7DMYdVUAALmsg

Back