GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.43)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 82 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
GT Sport Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For each update released, there lies the potential for changes undocumented in the initial patch notes. Please report any Undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are disgusted here

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs&Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png

Documented Changes

Main Features Implemented

1. Cars
 - The following 5 new cars have been added:
  ・Honda S2000 '99
  ・Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '91
  ・Nissan Silvia (S13) K’s Dia Selection '90
  ・Subaru Impreza Coupe WRX Type R STI Version VI '99
  ・Toyota Corolla Levin 3door 1600 GT-APEX '83

2. Tracks
 - "Wet conditions" added to the "Red Bull Ring" and "Red Bull Ring Short Track".

3. Campaign Mode

- The following events have been added to the "GT League":
  ・"Beetle & Samba Bus Festa" Rounds 4 and 5
  ・"J-Sports Meeting" Rounds 8 and 9
  ・"All Japan GT Car Championships" Rounds 8 and 9
  ・"Porsche Cup" Round 6

4. Physics Simulation Model
 - The deceleration torque that occurs when taking your foot off the accelerator has been changed for the following hybrid cars:
  ・McLaren P1 GTR '16
  ・McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo
  ・McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.1)
  ・Peugeot L500R Hybrid Vision Gran Turismo, 2017
  ・Toyota TS050 - Hybrid (Toyota Gazoo Racing) '16

Other Improvements and Adjustments
- Fixed an issue in "Sport" mode and Lobby wherein the amount of time lost during a pit stop was longer than that of an offline race.
- Various other issues have been addressed.

Undocumented Changes
- Tire wear and Fuel multipliers are now displayed in the bottom right corner prior to a Sport Mode Race
- Illuminations of the Meter Panel in the Toyota Sprinter Trueno are now perminantly on in Scapes.

- Track limits at the chicane of the Goodwood Motor Circuit has been altered.
- AI in J-Sports Meeting now feature almost all of the classic JDM cars added up to now.
- The volume of the Bells in both the Toyota Sprinter Trueno and the Toyota Corolla Levin have been increased.
- The default gear ratios of the Fittipaldi EF7 have been adjusted to a longer setting.​

Last edited:
Reminder: Any Physics changes or bugs belong in the appropriate threads mentioned in the OP, not here. The same goes for complaints of whatever negative effects have arrived with the update or any complaints about what wasn't fixed in the Update.

Now you may post.

OP now includes Official Patch notes. Please remember to read them before posting what you think is an Undocumented Change.

New Scape ?

Berlin
Slovenia
Czech Republic

Were they there before??? I don't remember...
Slovenia is there from the beginning, or one of the first updates, that's for sure.

Has anyone tried the daily C or a lobby with tyre wear and fuel consumption? i have to post the settings for a lobby race today, for wich i have tested fuel consumption and tyre wear yesterday, wich would be pointless if they changed it again. i know it's a slim chance they did, but anyway...

It's been fixed that you can't turn off the illuminations of the meter panel of AE86 Trueno in Scapes.
Even if you turned the "key lights" off, it had still been illuminated.

@emula
The lighting of some spots of AE86 Trueno has been updated.

Last edited:
One thing not mentioned is that there seems different amounts of rain and grip.
I drove RBR in Time Trial mode in daytime rain conditions, and the rain seemed to be falling moderately, with poor grip.
I then did a GT League race where it was evening rain conditions. The rain seemed to be falling just slightly, and grip level was quite good. :odd:

One thing not mentioned is that there seems different amounts of rain and grip.
I drove RBR in Time Trial mode in daytime rain conditions, and the rain seemed to be falling moderately, with poor grip.
I then did a GT League race where it was evening rain conditions. The rain seemed to be falling just slightly, and grip level was quite good. :odd:

Not sure how thats an undocumented change though when this appears to have come with the wet conditions that weren't there prior. You seem to be describing different levels of grip relative to the time of day you choose the conditions.

In the bottom right before a sport mode race in the warm up screen, tyre wear and fuel multipliers are shown

Edit: Screenshot
View attachment 846379

It's been fixed that you can't turn off the illuminations of the meter panel of AE86 Trueno in Scapes.
Even if you turned the "key lights" off, it had still been illuminated.

@emula
The lighting of some spots of AE86 Trueno has been updated.

You no longer can cut the chicane at Goodwood, you just get reset when attempting to do so.

Adding 👍

In another topic someone said the Dusk rain conditions felt more like a drying track while the midday rain was proper wet.

Again, this is describing a feature that has been officially announced, which hardly makes these different grip levels Undocumented changes.

Not sure how thats an undocumented change though when this appears to have come with the wet conditions that weren't there prior. You seem to be describing different levels of grip relative to the time of day you choose the conditions.
Right. There seems to be varying levels of wet conditions. I hadn't anticipated that.

Please forgive me if I'm completely unobservant but..... in the early days, in Scapes, if you filtered the car and changed the background it would all change.... apart from what was seen through the car windscreen.... that would be unfiltered.
I just did one after the update, and the background, as seen through the windscreen, changes too..... or has that been there for a while? Whatever, it's great that it's being done!

Please forgive me if I'm completely unobservant but..... in the early days, in Scapes, if you filtered the car and changed the background it would all change.... apart from what was seen through the car windscreen.... that would be unfiltered.
I just did one after the update, and the background, as seen through the windscreen, changes too..... or has that been there for a while? Whatever, it's great that it's being done!

Had issue with that before, just couple of weeks ago. If that has been fixed that's great to hear. Gonna check once Im at my PS4.

Just in case any new ones had been added because of it.
I was expecting more of an effect on the cars without wipers like the DB3S CN.1 & XNR GHIA Roadster but it’s at it best on the Vision GT cars.

Last edited:
Back