GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.43)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 82 comments
Had issue with that before, just couple of weeks ago. If that has been fixed that's great to hear. Gonna check once Im at my PS4.

Sorry all, I made a mistake..... if you adjust the whole shot, whatever is seen through the screen is adjusted too. If you mask the car, whatever is seen through the windscreen is also masked and unaffected by any adjustment (kind of obvious really!).
What I accidentally did yesterday was adjust the whole image, thinking I'd masked the car.... I hadn't.
Sorry!! :)

I am under the impression that custom liveries now have a higher quality when using photomode in a replay. Not 100% sure but it really looks more detailed and refined.

Jumped on last night to get the single lap gold at Le mans and I swear the vibration on the DS4 has changed. It was actually a little off putting at first because it felt more so much more pronounced. Anyone else notice this at Le mans or is it just me?

Outlap time is now displayed in red .. new? Not always, though... weird. I can't figure when it happens.
upload_2019-8-28_14-38-5.png

I did not see the option to map the wipers for the T-GT wheel.
Interesting. I know you can’t map for DS4 but I thought someone said you can for wheels. Mind you there is no need to turn the wipers off as it doesn’t stop raining so maybe that’s why.

Interesting. I know you can’t map for DS4 but I thought someone said you can for wheels. Mind you there is no need to turn the wipers off as it doesn’t stop raining so maybe that’s why.

IMO even if it did, I'd design the control options insofar that if one wants, turning on lights (just off vs. low-beams) and wipers could be automated with dynamic day-night and weather. I'd also have the controls not be a generalized set of options, but be done on a car-by-car basis, especially since some options may not be available for other cars, making some buttons useless when a generalized control menu is used. Here were some more specific examples:

-Windshield wipers
-Horns (if they return)
-Shifting up/down (for cars that are AT or CVT, as I'd have transmission be linked to the car itself, as would whether it has a clutch, and if so, the clutch would be another mappable button. I.e. transmission would not be changeable in menus.)
-Turning lights on/off, and other light options such as enabling high-beams and flashing.
-Turn signals and hazard lights
-ERS/DRS/hybrid/etc. systems.

Personally, I think the horns and turn signals/hazards are unnecessary, as cute as they may be to otherwise use. I would potentially have hazards be automated when a yellow flag is out, or otherwise automated in conditions where real-world race cars would be using them. I'd similarly automate windshield wipers, since I don't see a benefit to having them be left off when it's raining. On top of this, I'd also allow the ability to players to forgo mapping "change view" to a button if they almost always prefer a certain camera. I know that I've already sacrificed my option to look directly back with L1 for overtake/boost abilities, when I can just move the right analog stick straight back instead, and in addition to looking around otherwise.

Ghost settings when qualifying now include an “Offset Seconds” and “Reset Position” option.

Reset Position will be a godsend for improving laptimes.

I believe both of those actually came in the last update as I had seen the option doing my WRS laps.

AI cars in J-Sports Meeting now incorporate most JDM sports cars added to date for all events in the series.

The bells in the Trueno\ Levin are louder now.

Adding.

- Illuminations of the Meter Panel in the Toyota Sprinter Trueno are now perminantly on in Scapes.
Ups, sorry. I didn't mean it.
Its meter illumination was always on until Ver.1.41, but now it'll be turned off when you turn off the key lights.

And if possible, please add these two, that I already mentioned.
1. The lightings on some places (some parts of its interior and its brake disc) of AE86 Trueno has been updated.

2. The angle of the front brake caliper of AE86 Trueno has been fixed.

OK here goes a fairly important undocumented change that I have been testing.

Rubber banding to earn money and experience points is now all over :-( You still earn mileage points and fuel used though.

Because I have been bored with this game for months I decided to earn my platinum trophy on my other account. It is not really important to buy cars for this (although you do need some) BUT it the experience points to get to level 50 is what the real killer is.

I have worked my way up to level 42 (rubber banding) and as of the implementation of 1.43 it now no longer works.

Can anyone else confirm this?

I believe both of those actually came in the last update as I had seen the option doing my WRS laps.
What they meant is that the last update added those options to Sport Mode practice as well. („Reset Position” doesn’t seem to have any effect for me though :confused:)

Out lap has always been shown from my online racing experience this year. Maybe you just now caught it.
The change is that it’s at least sometimes displayed in red now.

Rubber banding to earn money and experience points is now all over :-( You still earn mileage points and fuel used though.

Because I have been bored with this game for months I decided to earn my platinum trophy on my other account. It is not really important to buy cars for this (although you do need some) BUT it the experience points to get to level 50 is what the real killer is.

I have worked my way up to level 42 (rubber banding) and as of the implementation of 1.43 it now no longer works.

Could you be more specific? So all arcade races no longer give money and experience points, just mileage points and fuel used gets allotted?

What they meant is that the last update added those options to Sport Mode practice as well. („Reset Position” doesn’t seem to have any effect for me though :confused:)

Ah, got it. Have never tried the feature so have no idea how well or not so well it works.

The change is that it’s at least sometimes displayed in red now.

Ok then.

brakes do not go red in the wet

Well, sorta makes sense. Kinda abit too much water for the brakes to really get hot (at least I've never witnessed it ever happen).

Yesterday I did some clever save switching in order to achieve the oval trophy and, even with rubberbanding, got all the money and XP normally at the end. The thing is that I left all assists off, and people usually leave all of them on in order to help the "B-Spec Bob" to steer.

Oh, but it was on the Time Trial.

Back