GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.45/1.46)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 69 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
GT Sport Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For each update released, there lies the potential for changes undocumented in the initial patch notes. Please report any Undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are discussed here

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs&Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png

Documented Changes

Main Features Implemented (1.45)
1. Cars

- The following 4 new cars have been added:
  ・Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE Package '18
  ・Chevrolet Corvette StingRay Racer Concept '59
  ・Dodge Super Bee '70
  ・Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71

2. Tracks
 - "Wet Conditions" added to "Tokyo Expressway - Central Inner Loop", "Tokyo Expressway - Central Outer Loop", "Tokyo Expressway - East Outer Loop", and "Tokyo Expressway - East Inner Loop".

3. Michelin
 - The collaboration between Gran Turismo Sport and Michelin has brought new features to the game. In addition to the Michelin logos appearing on billboards in certain tracks, the following have been added:

・Brand Central
  - Added Michelin to the Partners section of the Top Screen.
 ・Car Settings
  - Michelin will now appear as the tyre technology partner in the tyre section of the car settings.
 ・Sport Mode
  - Michelin will now appear as the official tyre supplier of the FIA Gran Turismo Championships.
 ・Race Results
  - Michelin will now appear as an official partner in the result screen of the online races.

4. Museum
 - Added “Michelin” to the Museum section.

5. Campaign Mode
 - The following events have been added to the "GT League":
  ・"Stars & Stripes" Rounds 8 and 9
  ・"Group 3 Cup" Rounds 4 and 5
  ・"La Festa Cavallino" Rounds 8 and 9
  ・"Gr.1 Prototype Endurance Series" Rounds 6

6. Scapes
 - "Raindrops - Take photos of cars glistening with rain" has been added to the special featured section.

Other Improvements and Adjustments
- Various other issues have been addressed.

Main Features Implemented (1.46)

1. Opening Movie
 - The opening movie, which plays when the game starts up, has been updated. (You can view the new movie, together with all previous videos, at any time from the "Videos" section of the "My Library" menu.)

Other Improvements and Adjustments
- Various other issues have been addressed.

Undocumented Changes

- A graphical error on the tail lights of the GR Supra RZ has been fixed.
- The default transmissions of the Aston Martin One-77 and Lamborghini Veneno have been changed from Automatic to Automated Manual.
- The newer current Michelin tire decal as well as three new Michelin decals have been added.
- The sound reduction from the exterior view has been reverted back to its 1.43 state.
- A glitch where the last slide picture in Brand Central incorrectly dissolves after the brand in question gets new car(s) via any update has been fixed.
- Porsche 930 is now eligible to race on Premium Sports Lounge.

Last edited:
4 or 5 cars?

Copy pasted and forgot to change. Fixed now.

Also as usual

Reminder: Any Physics changes or bugs belong in the appropriate threads mentioned in the OP, not here. The same goes for complaints of whatever negative effects have arrived with the update or any complaints about what wasn't fixed in the Update.

Now you may post.

1. A mistake on the brake lights of GR Supra RZ has been fixed.
Before:
EAzBM0fVAAAKAph

After:
EFYZakEVAAAk5z7

2. The default transmissions of One-77 and Veneno have been changed from Automatic to Automated Manual.

3. The new version of Michelin decal and tire letters have been added.

Last edited:
is it just me or have they changed the tire smoke, and the glare from the lights when driving at night time?

Driving the Gr.3 Porsche, the physics have been updated again for the better in 1.45 whereby it seems pretty neutral and stable on exit, but can anyone confirm if the other groups have been changed as well?

I'm interested to know if PD are still making blanket changes, tweaking individual groups or just individual cars now.

Driving the Gr.3 Porsche, the physics have been updated again for the better in 1.45 whereby it seems pretty neutral and stable on exit, but can anyone confirm if the other groups have been changed as well?

I'm interested to know if PD are still making blanket changes, tweaking individual groups or just individual cars now.
Do Gr2 and Gr3 cars still do that massive torque peak? havent tried them yet

Yeah, the smoke seems to have more consistency.
I think I agree. I saw that also with the Camaro.

But my scenario actually helps to generate more smoke:
Heavy Car, I maxed out the engine power.
Large soft tires, the engine is capable of spin that large soft racing tires on a super heavy car. That should indeed smoke a lot!

Since Dan wants me to info dump here ( which makes no sense since these threads are specific to each patch)

Here you go . Do with it as you will. You missed them and I attempted to contact over 5 GTP members via psn so I guess I can provide dates .

These may or may not be bugs since PD might have done it intentionaly

Hello. i am CrypicMSNGR
- I will not reply to any one , I am simpy reporting a long list of visual downgrades/ undocumented changes I have documented over the last year that were not in the undocumented changes thread and im not going to resurect 1 year old threads .

- I have contatced members on PSNwho have fialed to relate this information to GTP , I do not plan on sticking around. Im not fond of petty drama I see as a daily reader.

- My intentions are to shed light on these issues in order for PD to either rectify them, or at least for GTP to know .

- Specific update numbers are not given , I will provide evidence later today in the form of pictures and youtube links

Downgrade 1

Suzuka has been constantly tinkered with since day one . PD has added and removed photographers / marshels etc .
The biggest change came around 5 updates ago where PD removed all three dimensional trees on the track and replaced them with 2d trees , they also reduced the amount of tall grass foliage trackside.
This was presumably done to improve the poor framerate around the esses
( Im suprised you all missed the Trees being swaped)

Downgrade 2 ( possibly a bug)
Debree being tossed out from your car after going offtrack was added in as a neat visual feature around a year after GTS's release , cars would continue to drop road debree after going off track and returning to track for a few seconds , it was removed two patches before the rain Update.
Possibly done to improve frame rate.

Downgrade 3 ( most likley a bug)

Cars no longer kick up ANY debree on Redbull Ring except when going into the sand pits . This means no grass is kicked up when going into the dirt . This change occured with the rain update . Possibly done to maintain frame rate in the rain but left over on dry conditions by mistake.

Downgrade 3 .
The night lighting on both tokyo layouts that recived rain yesterday, had their night time lighting severley nerfed .

Compare video pre update. The tunnel lights cone of light on the wall on the first tunnel on tokyo south are removed, and in the other tunnels the light cones were reduced from wide cones to narrow cones. I believe this was a error PD made when rebaking the lighting . The entire track looks off now .

Gameplay changes

Custom race opponents
Try this one out yourself
Select any car, any settings but DON'T touch the Class .
Repeat this and RESELECT the default class.

You will notice the first option , the AI's will select cars that exist in that N class . The second option will have the AI selecting detuned and tuned cars .

Gameplay change 2

BOP is broken offline ( I have no idea if this is a bug or intentional )

Around 6-8 updates ago , BOP settings became broken. Prior to an update when selecting BOP settinga via the tunning menu, all oponents would get saddled with the respective BOP . Now BOP only applies to YOUR car. Proof , read the text on the tuning menu , it states all oponents will have BOP applied to them if tggled on. Now select one make, run without BOP onroute X , and run with BOP On route X and you will notice your car is either faster or slower with BOP on, prior to this all cars had BOP toogled on and off .

These are all changes that were not reported in the previous year . I can suply dates as I was in contact with Wardez about them as they occured .

There are more, but this is it for now.. until I decide to reveal more.

For this specific update
Race marshals, emegency Cars and crowds have been Added to Tokyo . Previously the only souls on these tracks were the Flag Man and a few lonley camera men on the orange lifts.

Alot of no sponsors have been switched around as well on tokyo ( notibly tag huer)

Attachments

• 1569734659541392682762.jpg
    1569734659541392682762.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 1569734688626203385629.jpg
    1569734688626203385629.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 1569734746175486286524.jpg
    1569734746175486286524.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 15697347877712019662899.jpg
    15697347877712019662899.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
An option has been added to turn off the understeer vibration effect for FFB wheel users (I wish).

:sly:

Since Dan wants me to info dump here ( which makes no sense since these threads are specific to each patch)

Here you go . Do with it as you will. You missed them and I attempted to contact over 5 GTP members via psn so I guess I can provide dates .

These may or may not be bugs since PD might have done it intentionaly

Hello. i am CrypicMSNGR
- I will not reply to any one , I am simpy reporting a long list of visual downgrades/ undocumented changes I have documented over the last year that were not in the undocumented changes thread and im not going to resurect 1 year old threads .

- I have contatced members on PSNwho have fialed to relate this information to GTP , I do not plan on sticking around. Im not fond of petty drama I see as a daily reader.

- My intentions are to shed light on these issues in order for PD to either rectify them, or at least for GTP to know .

- Specific update numbers are not given , I will provide evidence later today in the form of pictures and youtube links

Downgrade 1

Suzuka has been constantly tinkered with since day one . PD has added and removed photographers / marshels etc .
The biggest change came around 5 updates ago where PD removed all three dimensional trees on the track and replaced them with 2d trees , they also reduced the amount of tall grass foliage trackside.
This was presumably done to improve the poor framerate around the esses
( Im suprised you all missed the Trees being swaped)

Downgrade 2 ( possibly a bug)
Debree being tossed out from your car after going offtrack was added in as a neat visual feature around a year after GTS's release , cars would continue to drop road debree after going off track and returning to track for a few seconds , it was removed two patches before the rain Update.
Possibly done to improve frame rate.

Downgrade 3 ( most likley a bug)

Cars no longer kick up ANY debree on Redbull Ring except when going into the sand pits . This means no grass is kicked up when going into the dirt . This change occured with the rain update . Possibly done to maintain frame rate in the rain but left over on dry conditions by mistake.

Downgrade 3 .
The night lighting on both tokyo layouts that recived rain yesterday, had their night time lighting severley nerfed .

Compare video pre update. The tunnel lights cone of light on the wall on the first tunnel on tokyo south are removed, and in the other tunnels the light cones were reduced from wide cones to narrow cones. I believe this was a error PD made when rebaking the lighting . The entire track looks off now .

Gameplay changes

Custom race opponents
Try this one out yourself
Select any car, any settings but DON'T touch the Class .
Repeat this and RESELECT the default class.

You will notice the first option , the AI's will select cars that exist in that N class . The second option will have the AI selecting detuned and tuned cars .

Gameplay change 2

BOP is broken offline ( I have no idea if this is a bug or intentional )

Around 6-8 updates ago , BOP settings became broken. Prior to an update when selecting BOP settinga via the tunning menu, all oponents would get saddled with the respective BOP . Now BOP only applies to YOUR car. Proof , read the text on the tuning menu , it states all oponents will have BOP applied to them if tggled on. Now select one make, run without BOP onroute X , and run with BOP On route X and you will notice your car is either faster or slower with BOP on, prior to this all cars had BOP toogled on and off .

These are all changes that were not reported in the previous year . I can suply dates as I was in contact with Wardez about them as they occured .

For this specific update
Race marshals, emegency Cars and crowds have been Added to Tokyo . Previously the only souls on these tracks were the Flag Man and a few lonley camera men on the orange lifts.

Alot of no sponsors have been switched around as well on tokyo ( notibly tag huer)

Didn't even notice there were trees at Suzuka until you pointed it out. Track ruined.

I took the Sprinter Trueno 3door 1600GT APEX (AE86) 1983 (N100) out for a spin today and noticed that the chime sound the car makes once you hit a certain speed was no longer there.
That‘s actually a bummer :( liked that feature (seriously) :D

I think I agree. I saw that also with the Camaro.

But my scenario actually helps to generate more smoke:
Heavy Car, I maxed out the engine power.
Large soft tires, the engine is capable of spin that large soft racing tires on a super heavy car. That should indeed smoke a lot!
No its the same...in time trial when youre alone on the track smoke is great....but when you race its 50% less...

Since Dan wants me
Who?

You missed them and I attempted to contact over 5 GTP members via psn so I guess I can provide dates .
So you've contacted a few GTP members over PSN and asked them to post these here? Why didn't you just post them yourself? Why try to get others to do the work for you?

Where are these pictures and youtube links? You've had more than enough time.

Our members failed to report these changes and this is GTP's fault in some way? Perhaps @Wardez can shed some light?

I do not plan on sticking around.
Shed light, but not too much, neither of which you can do if you're not sticking around. Ooooh lets be all cryptic about it.

On the subject of tokyo, there's definitely a lot more "action" (people and vehicles and a few advertising banners) going on at the start/finish straight and half way round, on the East Loop in the J-Sports race, on the other side of the track at those two points.

My question is, doing the race I noticed multiple small yellow road signs with either a black circle in the middle or a black forward arrow. These are in the barriers and walls all around the track. Have these signs always been there or are they new.

In that J-Sports race, they reflect the sunlight a lot as you drive around the track, making them stand out, so it could just be that they are more visible.

Can anyone confirm either way? Thanks :cheers:

Who?

So you've contacted a few GTP members over PSN and asked them to post these here? Why didn't you just post them yourself? Why try to get others to do the work for you?

Where are these pictures and youtube links? You've had more than enough time.

Our members failed to report these changes and this is GTP's fault in some way? Perhaps @Wardez can shed some light?

Shed light, but not too much, neither of which you can do if you're not sticking around. Ooooh lets be all cryptic about it.
I love me a good edgelord :lol:

20190928_221053_HDR.jpg
20190928_221022_HDR.jpg
15697386056211727033821.jpg
Seems I was lying about PD altering the lighting in tokyo. They did something worst , remove the actual lights . Visual downgrades exist folks. Take note of the door , prior to the update there was 12 more lights ( 6 per side) post update there are now 12 all together. Pd halfed the amount of light sources in the tunnels . On the large tunnel with overpases the lights dont emit cones of light at all.. Take my word for it ..or just look at the pictures.
Oh and it gets worst... They removed the drain's on tokyo too.. Wooops.. Guess they wanted the track to flood for the rain..
20190928_221053_HDR.jpg
20190928_221022_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• 1569738522313610014267.jpg
    1569738522313610014267.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Two or three updates ago, they implemented a dynamic exhaust sound meaning the back of the car is louder than the front. However in this update, it was removed from the game which I have no clue why. :dunce:

So like before, the cars now sound the same from the front as they do from the rear.

Two or three updates ago, they implemented a dynamic exhaust sound meaning the back of the car is louder than the front. However in this update, it was removed from the game which I have no clue why. :dunce:

So like before, the cars now sound the same from the front as they do from the rear.
I already pointed that out.

The effect of car sound dimming when you look back on the exterior view introduced in Update 1.43(?) has been reverted to pre patch 1.43 aka removed.

View attachment 854255 View attachment 854256 View attachment 854278 Seems I was lying about PD altering the lighting in tokyo. They did something worst , remove the actual lights . Visual downgrades exist folks. Take note of the door , prior to the update there was 12 more lights ( 6 per side) post update there are now 12 all together. Pd halfed the amount of light sources in the tunnels . On the large tunnel with overpases the lights dont emit cones of light at all.. Take my word for it ..or just look at the pictures.
Oh and it gets worst... They removed the drain's on tokyo too.. Wooops.. Guess they wanted the track to flood for the rain..
View attachment 854255 View attachment 854256
see that that is not a downgrade but it is simply the track that has been remodeled to have rainy conditions ... something quite different.
it could be a downgrade if they introduced a dynamic time, modifying the starting base of the track but being a different time and position they reshaped it to have that kind of conditions.

Back