GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.56)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 40 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
GT Sport Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For each update released, there lies the potential for changes undocumented in the initial patch notes. Please report any Undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are discussed here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs&Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png

Documented Changes

Main Features Implemented
1. Cars
 - The following 3 new cars have been added:
  ・Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 '10
  ・Fiat 500 1.2 8V Lounge SS ’08

・Nissan 180SX Type X ’96

2. Campaign Mode

- The following events have been added to the "GT League":
  ・"FR Challenge" Rounds 6 and 7
  ・"Group 3 Cup" Rounds 6 and 7
  ・"'Lamborghini Cup" Rounds 8 and 9
  ・"X2019 Competition Endurance Series" Round 5

3. Penalty
 - Corrected an error where a collision penalty was being issued even when the “Side Contact Penalty” of the lobby penalty settings was disabled.
 - Adjusted the threshold values for penalties given when someone is pushed out

Undocumented Changes

- An issue with decals around the cockpit of the Dallara SF19 has been fixed
 - Driver shift animations in Paddle Shift cars has been adjusted to faster shifts

- Collision detection of the bollards at Spa have been adjusted
 - Lighting of the car thumbnails have been changed

Last edited:
Reminder: Any Physics changes or bugs belong in the appropriate threads mentioned in the OP, not here. The same goes for complaints of whatever negative effects have arrived with the update or any complaints about what wasn't fixed in the Update.

Now You May Post.

Has the slipstream strength reduced when further back in Real but still in the 1.5 second window? Or am I imagining it?

This thread feels a bit like my whereabouts here in Italy right now. No people, no cars in the streets, an eerie pre-apocalyptic silence pervading everything. When even dogs don't bark, you can really fear this is a serious ****.
Waiting for we just don't know what, any little something to break the emptiness of our real, offline lives...
Ehh?? You’re new to GTP aren’t you? Every time we get an update on GT Sport we get an ‘undocumented changes’ thread, and tbh they’re pretty useful. This isn’t just any old random thread that someone posts on GTP. It’s been this way for years, long before you and I came to GTP.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread feels a bit like my whereabouts here in Italy right now. No people, no cars in the streets, an eerie pre-apocalyptic silence pervading everything. When even dogs don't bark, you can really fear this is a serious ****.
Waiting for we just don't know what, any little something to break the emptiness of our real, offline lives...

Not sure what to say about this. I really, really hope things start to get better soon.

Happy gaming. Take care.

This thread feels a bit like my whereabouts here in Italy right now. No people, no cars in the streets, an eerie pre-apocalyptic silence pervading everything. When even dogs don't bark, you can really fear this is a serious ****

what

It appears that on a DS4 you can no longer turn off the hazard lights by pressing one of the turn signal buttons on the touch pad.

Edit: it seems now that hazards and turn signals are handled separately now. For instance if you turn the left blinker on, then turn hazards on, then off, the left blinker will still be active, while in the past the blinker would turn off with the hazards. The same also applies for when you use a turn signal while the hazards are already on.

I’m a big dumdum. Never mind.

Last edited:
It appears that on a DS4 you can no longer turn off the hazard lights by pressing one of the turn signal buttons on the touch pad.

Edit: it seems now that hazards and turn signals are handled separately now. For instance if you turn the left blinker on, then turn hazards on, then off, the left blinker will still be active, while in the past the blinker would turn off with the hazards. The same also applies for when you use a turn signal while the hazards are already on.
I remember it's from the beginning.

Daily A is in the older Civic, and I did additional testing in the 180SX. Tested both in race and time trials. I'll try more cars to confirm what I found in the edit to my original post.
Yeah bud no problem. I’ll also give them a test later on then will report back.

Now that the shifting is sorted, hopefully next time they can possibly sort out the in-game steering rotation animations. They’re so sluggish and out of sink when using a controller
This is the main reason why I can't use cockpit aside from the close FOV that blocks the mirrors. The animations are just awkward from the way the wheel is held to the speed of turning.

This is the main reason why I can't use cockpit aside from the close FOV that blocks the mirrors. The animations are just awkward from the way the wheel is held to the speed of turning.
Not sure if you know but you can adjust the seat position slightly.

Now that the shifting is sorted, hopefully next time they can possibly sort out the in-game steering rotation animations. They’re so sluggish and out of sink when using a controller
Adjust the 'Controller Steering Sensitivity' in Advanced Settings (Detailed Settings) of Driving Options in race menu.

Not sure if you know but you can adjust the seat position slightly.
I know, but it's still not good enough. My face is still pressed against the wheel and can't see the mirrors. I need a wide FOV, the game doesn't allow it.

Sorry, won't happen. I play GT Sport since the beta and, in the beggining, the wheel animation was fantastic, very quick and responsive to the controller inputs. It was absolutely spot on, perfect for drifting and I loved it. But back on November 2017, after update 1.06, they changed the behaviour of steering on the game, but this is only a visual quirk. The car still turns quickly, but the wheel on cockpit view moves slower and doesn't reflect the exact movement. You can even see this effect on replays: sometimes, while drifting, I was able to see the car snapping to my desired angle, but the front wheels take their time to adjust, copying the slow movement of the steering on the cockpit. So, just so you can be sure: Polyphony WILL NOT correct this.

Adjust the 'Controller Steering Sensitivity' in Advanced Settings (Detailed Settings) of Driving Options in race menu.

This just make the steering respond faster to controller inputs, but doesn't have any effect on the visual side of it: the wheel on cockpit still takes its own time to move.

I know, but it's still not good enough. My face is still pressed against the wheel and can't see the mirrors. I need a wide FOV, the game doesn't allow it.

Yeah, agreed. And, in some cases, the height of the steering column could go a little lower, because you have to crank the seat way up to read some info on the dashboard of some cars.

Last edited by a moderator:

Depending on the car, the cockpit view adjustments under advanced settings allow you to go back far enough to utilize the side mirrors. It's not perfect, but it's really helpful with certain cars.

Back