GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.57)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 28 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
GT Sport Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For each update released, there lies the potential for changes undocumented in the initial patch notes. Please report any Undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are discussed here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs&Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png

i1syWOCdaQf8Z7E-860x484.jpg

Documented Changes

Main Features Implemented

1. Cars
 - The following new car has been added.
  ・Toyota GR Supra RZ '20

2. Physics Simulation Model
 - The tyre wear rate for Gr.4 FF cars (Front-engine/Front-wheel-drive) has been adjusted.
 - The handling for all Gr.2, Gr.3, Gr.4 cars has been adjusted.
 - Fuel consumption rate for all Gr.2, Gr.3, and Gr4 cars has been adjusted. As a result, the difference in fuel efficiency among these vehicle classes has been reduced.

3. Sport Mode & Lobby
 - 'Fuel Consumption' and 'Tyre Wear' have been added to Qualifying races. As a result, the tyre wear and fuel consumption setting applied will be different for Qualifying and the Final races.
 - To coincide with the implementation of tyre wear and fuel consumption in the Qualifying, tyre wear and fuel consumption can now be enabled during free practice and in the pit stop during a warm-up.
 - The strength of the drag reduction applied when the slipstream setting is on 'Real' has been reduced.

Other Improvements and Adjustments
- Fixed an issue wherein the ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) setting would not be applied as intended during a pit stop in 'Sport' mode and Lobby.
- Various other issues have been addressed.

Undocumented Changes

- Mitsubishi logo has been updateed.
- Mazda logo has been updated.
- The Force Feedback of the Thrustmaster T-GT has been adjusted.

Last edited:
Reminder: Any Physics changes or bugs belong in the appropriate threads mentioned in the OP, not here. The same goes for complaints of whatever negative effects have arrived with the update or any complaints about what wasn't fixed in the Update.

Now You May Post.

Do you have an example of this? I've been running laps at Spa and Fuji and they seem exactly the same to me. They'll slow you down a bit but no drastic reaction by the car, and they pop back up as they did before.
I’ve just taken a spin around Spa in the new Supra and the big green wobbly things (BGWT’s) still behave exactly the same as before the update.
I didn’t try driving straight over them though, just giving them a slight nudge.

I don't know if this -is- a change or if I just got the AI particularly dumb, but I was going for gold in all Challenges and last time I tried just before the update, in the very final 4-lap Nurburgring race, the person in second (Italian flag, don't know if that's scripted) in the AMG will absolutely jump on you if you make the tiniest mistake. This time though, he almost seemed to match my mistakes so I'd go off and there would be maybe at most a 2 second loss instead of four or even eight before. Just one thing I noticed.

I’ve just taken a spin around Spa in the new Supra and the big green wobbly things (BGWT’s) still behave exactly the same as before the update.
I didn’t try driving straight over them though, just giving them a slight nudge.

Drive over them in Gr.1, you'll notice something silly happens.

I don't know if this -is- a change or if I just got the AI particularly dumb, but I was going for gold in all Challenges and last time I tried just before the update, in the very final 4-lap Nurburgring race, the person in second (Italian flag, don't know if that's scripted) in the AMG will absolutely jump on you if you make the tiniest mistake. This time though, he almost seemed to match my mistakes so I'd go off and there would be maybe at most a 2 second loss instead of four or even eight before. Just one thing I noticed.

The AI tends to get stupider each update.

For no apparent reason, bollards now behave like solid objects = they launch you off track instead of flopping down and back up...

Drive over them in Gr.1, you'll notice something silly happens.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200424125258.png

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200424125428.png

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200424125938.png

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200424130104.png

Still flops down and back up to me. Also, I didn't find myself Launched over unless I carried more speed then necessary while turning in. Just saying...

There is a new bug. Not on every car but for example when you use the new Toyota which came with the update. It appears when you brake in first gear/ downshift to first gear (while braking). After releasing the brake, a very little throttle input appears and stays. It wents away when you brake again but comes back when you release the brake and so on. It goes away when you continue driving.

Besides, the Force Feedback of the Thrustmaster T-GT has been adjusted. Before the update the torque-difference from the wheel between setting 1 and 2 was quite big. At setting 1 it was low and setting 2 was much stronger then 1 (to strong for me because I have problems with my elbow sometimes so I used 1). Now the gap is more close. Setting 1 has even less force then before but setting 2 is way weaker then before. Now I can use setting 2 which fits quite good to me :)

There is a new bug. Not on every car but for example when you use the new Toyota which came with the update. It appears when you brake in first gear/ downshift to first gear (while braking). After releasing the brake, a very little throttle input appears and stays. It wents away when you brake again but comes back when you release the brake and so on. It goes away when you continue driving.

Besides, the Force Feedback of the Thrustmaster T-GT has been adjusted. Before the update the torque-difference from the wheel between setting 1 and 2 was quite big. At setting 1 it was low and setting 2 was much stronger then 1 (to strong for me because I have problems with my elbow sometimes so I used 1). Now the gap is more close. Setting 1 has even less force then before but setting 2 is way weaker then before. Now I can use setting 2 which fits quite good to me :)
Sounds like an automatic transmission to me. Auto cars always start rolling in first gear if you release the brake.

Please read:

Any Physics changes or bugs belong in the appropriate threads mentioned in the OP, not here. The same goes for complaints of whatever negative effects have arrived with the update or any complaints about what wasn't fixed in the Update.

3. Sport Mode & Lobby
 - 'Fuel Consumption' and 'Tyre Wear' have been added to Qualifying races. As a result, the tyre wear and fuel consumption setting applied will be different for Qualifying and the Final races.

Just to clarify this point.

During lobby races, tyre/fuel multipliers selected for qualifying, also apply during practice.

The starting fuel load for the race, also applies during quali.

Seriously? I've been complaining about this since day 1, the jump between 1 and 2 was huge but 5-10 were all the same to me. My shoulders are a mess, so I like low FFB, but 1 tells me little about what the front tires are doing. 2 gave me better feel for the car but most days caused too much pain. I am looking forward to testing this.

yes 100%

And it looks like there are more differences between the cars. At setting 2 with gr.2 car ist more torqe while steering than at a gr.4 car for example. But I'm not sure if this was that way before also, since I did use only Setting 1 and there it was equal easy at every car

There are two places where the new Mitsubishi and Mazda logos are not yet used: in the livery editor (this needs pulling something like new Michelin logos a while back) and in Manufacturers Series races.

Back