GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.53/1.55)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 100 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
GT Sport Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For each update released, there lies the potential for changes undocumented in the initial patch notes. Please report any Undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are discussed here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs&Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png

Documented Changes

Main Features Implemented
1. Cars
 - The following 7 new cars have been added:
  ・Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Safety Car
  ・Ford GT '17
  ・Porsche 911 Carrera RS Club Sport (993) '95
  ・Renault Sport Mégane R.S. Trophy Safety Car
  ・Toyota Crown Athlete G ’13
  ・Toyota Crown Athlete G Safety Car
  ・Volkswagen Golf I GTI '83

(*Please note that each Safety Car can only be purchased at the Mileage Exchange. Please note these cars will not appear in the Showrooms within Brand Central.)

The release schedule for the Safety Cars after Update 1.53 is as follows:
  ・ Tuesday, December 24: Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Safety Car, Toyota Crown Athlete G Safety Car;
  ・ Tuesday, December 31: Renault Sport Mégane R.S. Trophy Safety Car;
  ・ Tuesday, January 7 onward: a selection of randomly selected Safety Cars including the BMW M4 Safety Car and Mercedes AMG GT Safety Car.

2. Tracks
 - The "Weathertech Raceway Laguna Seca" Has been added

3. Campaign Mode

- The following events have been added to the "GT League":
  ・"Z Heritage" Rounds 4 and 5
  ・"Super Formula Championships" Rounds 6 and 7
  ・"'Midship Challenge" Rounds 6 and 7
  ・"Gr.1 Prototype Endurance Series" Round 7
 - 'Weathertech Raceway Laguna Seca' has been added to the Circuit Experience.

4. Scapes
 - "'Laguna Seca - The Corkscrew!" has been added to the special featured section.

5. Options
 - A [Vibration Strength] setting has been added under the [Controller] > [Vibration Function] menu. This setting is supported on peripherals compatible with the vibration function, such as the DUALSHOCK®4 Wireless Controller, and the Thrustmaster® T-GT.

Other Improvements and Adjustments

- Fixed an issue wherein penalties incurred due to a collision could be transferred to another player in Sport mode and Lobbies. Penalty times have also been adjusted accordingly.
- Various other issues have been addressed.

Undocumented Changes

- The Halo center post on the Dallara Super Formula Cars is now Transparent.
- The angle of the right rear Pushrod on the Dallara Super Formula Cars has been fixed.
- The Pre-Race starting screen online has changed from "Final" to "Race".​
- The Collision detection of the Green Bollards at Circuit Spa Francorchamps and Circuit De La Sarthe have been changed.
- The Tire options in Sport Mode have been changed, preventing players from using mixed tires.
- The ability to save or open a best lap replay in VR Time Trial has been disabled.
- A bug where sector times would randomly go missing has been fixed.
- An issue where it was not possible to change from Dry tires to Wet tires during a pit stop has been fixed.

Last edited:
Any Physics changes or bugs belong in the appropriate threads mentioned in the OP, not here. The same goes for complaints of whatever negative effects have arrived with the update or any complaints about what wasn't fixed in the Update.

Now You May Post.

What's the point posting my submission here if being ignored anyways.

And what exactly have I ignored? Why are you posting this here instead instead of PMing me directly? I've been busy so good chance I could've missed some things, but I am not intentionally ignoring anyone so this attitude isn't welcome here.

In the "Single Race" section of Arcade Mode, when you select a location, the layouts have a completion status below showing each difficulty.

Don't remember it being like that

OP has been updated with Official Patch notes. Please read these to make sure what you think is an Undocumented change hasn't already been listed.

Honda 2&4 powered by RC213V - the transmission is now listed as "Automatic Transmission" and it finally shifts much faster now!
(EDIT: turns out, it was fixed in 1.47 update)

Alfa-Romeo 4C Road Car - interior camera is not fixed yet. :\

Last edited:
I think the throttle input will never be corrected to linear because this is a deliberate design choice by PD in order to not give wheel and pedal users too much of a advantage over the DS4 users.

I dunno, just spitballing here but it makes sense to me.
It's the same non-linearity on controller.

I feel like the physics for the road cars have been tweaked. I say this because when I tested the La Ferrari on Monza about 8 months ago, the time I set was a 1:51.7. When I drove it yesterday, I was able to do a 1:50.1. I don't know if that's because of the controller being more responsive (as it's newer) or because of a slight adjustment in controller settings. I did the original time with the sensitivity set to 4, max torque set to 5 and force feedback set to 5. Yesterday, my sensitivity was set to 5, max torque set to 1 and force feedback set to 5. That can't be the reason for a 1.6 second gap surely. I haven't got that much faster in that time! But here's something even crazier - I set a 1:59.4 in the McLaren F1 on Monza in January 2018, and yesterday, I managed to do a 1:55.9. That's a drastic improvement, and can't be from driving skill alone. I did all the times on Sports Hard.

I feel like the physics for the road cars have been tweaked. I say this because when I tested the La Ferrari on Monza about 8 months ago, the time I set was a 1:51.7. When I drove it yesterday, I was able to do a 1:50.1. I don't know if that's because of the controller being more responsive (as it's newer) or because of a slight adjustment in controller settings. I did the original time with the sensitivity set to 4, max torque set to 5 and force feedback set to 5. Yesterday, my sensitivity was set to 5, max torque set to 1 and force feedback set to 5. That can't be the reason for a 1.6 second gap surely. I haven't got that much faster in that time! But here's something even crazier - I set a 1:59.4 in the McLaren F1 on Monza in January 2018, and yesterday, I managed to do a 1:55.9. That's a drastic improvement, and can't be from driving skill alone. I did all the times on Sports Hard.
Torque and Force Feedback have no effect on the controller as those are wheel specific settings.

There was a physics update earlier this year that improved road cars.

It's the same non-linearity on controller.

Yes, but it's effects are more tolerable in the triggers than they are in the pedals, the pedals have longer travel so the users are used to having more room to be more precise with throttle input, with more options to how much throttle they can use, faster they can go, whereas the triggers always had short travel so it's users are used to not having their throttle input as accurate, so they adapt to this nerf better.

Linear throttle would be a welcome change for both types of controls, but I won't lie here and say that it would help me to the same extent that it would help pedal users.

Anyway, this stuff is off-topic.

Back