GT Sport Update 1.22 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 3,154 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've now got 9 million credits in the bank. It probably can't buy me the GTO but I don't want it that badly. I just want the Ford GT, the 787B and the Mercedes W08.

How long is the new track going to be?
Mount Panorama is 6 kilometres. Race C today, is 9 laps. If there are only 5 laps for the new track, I'm thinking it's modelled like Grand Valley + Cape Ring. Maybe like Chamonix(no snow) + El Capitan + Costa di Amalfi.

I've now got 9 million credits in the bank. It probably can't buy me the GTO but I don't want it that badly. I just want the Ford GT, the 787B and the Mercedes W08.
I have about 17.2 million saved up now but that is only because I stayed up all night for 3 nights in a row. Thanks Kaz for my sleep deprivation!

It's kind of my fault actually

Polyphony could post 'SPA IS NOT IN THIS UPDATE' and you'd still find several people here on GTPlanet saying 'OH WELL SPA SURELY MUST BE IN THIS UPDATE'
Honestly, I can care less about Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps. Sure it's a real world track and it hosts the Belgium GP, that's pretty cool but it's just a track. I don't know why people want it soooo much. In my opinion, I don't think the track is that fun. sorry

I ended up grinding for 5,800,000 credits. Now its a gimme that both the 787B and Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car (if it is) altogether will cost 1,450,000 credits. 1 million for the 787B and 450K for the GT LM Spec II (normal price for a Gr.1 and Gr.3 car). As for the F1, for me hopefully it doesn't cost more than 3-4 million or otherwise I'm screwed and will have to grind more.

The 250 GTO, we already know its gonna be another unicorn car hence its gonna cost 20 million.

“Some say they have to pay 20 million for it, while others say they can get it for free. All we know it's called the 250 GTO.””

Old news. I've won that race 50 times since GT Sport came out, still no where near enough credits. Sorry if I don't feel like grinding the same race 50 times every time an update comes out and clears out what credits I have saved up.

That is the most ridiculous comment I've ever seen on GTPlanet, and that says a lot. First of all, it was anything but 🤬. Even the one in GT5 wasn't, but the one in GT6 was great other than the lack of control over elevation.

Seriously, how are you gonna say no to a literally unlimited number of tracks IN A RACING GAME???? You know how many people whined about GTS's track list when it came out? Yet you see the possibility of recreating real world tracks, and making new ones and say no to it? That is pure insanity.

You're just like the people who whined about standard cars in GT6 and GT5 despite the fact that if it was a free DLC download, you all would've downloaded it. Saying no to more free content is idiotic whether it's ideal in your opinion or not. Nevermind the fact that GT6 had one of the best track editors ever in a racing game (seriously, what other than Mod Nation racers has a better one with more freedom????)

its an opinion mate he doesnt like it me neither nothing ridicoulous about that, creating knockoff tracks without elevation no need for that.,
you are just like the people who attack others if they dont like the same thing there is one person whining here and thats you ,
grow up Man we there will be no trackeditor , you just like those people who whine that they removed the trackeditor.

With the 24 hour spa underway it's strange that if that track isn't included

Why? Why would that be strange? The BTCC is holding the Double Diamond at Snetterton today, should we expect that tomorrow too? I dont get this mentality that because a large race is being held close to an update that we should expect that track to appear. We had the same a few weeks back with Pikes Peak. How people read so much into these updates and have such dilusional expectations is beyond me.

Here's what i expect; what we've been shown.

Why are you so sure about that?
i meant e.g., jeez

I'm talking about the GT's website code, where you can see mention of a Group A.

If the new Mercedes F1 car will belong to this class, the Group C cars (remember that this class isn't mentioned in the website's code) will stay in the Gr.1 class.

maybe PD will bring this class in the yesterday's update? i don't know.

for now, i can say 100% that this group will not come into the game.

Last edited:
If the new Mercedes F1 car will belong to this class, the Group C cars (remember that this class isn't mentioned in the website's code) will stay in the Gr.1 class.
Not necessarily. They could introduce multiple new classes, even if those classes are not yet mentioned on the website. Just like how the new track is not yet mentioned in the website's code.

i meant e.g., jeez

I'm talking about the GT's website code, where you can see mention of a Group A.

maybe PD will bring this class in the yesterday's update? i don't know.

for now, i can say 100% that this group will not come into the game.

you do realise that Group X exists?

I had a look at the schedule for the last Manufacturer Series and I noticed this:
Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 13.29.11.png

Since the FIA Manufacturer series races last around 25-30 minutes, the only track I could relate to that would take 10 laps to do and last about 25 minutes (plus a pitstop) using Gr.3 cars (GT3) would be Spa-Francorchamps. The GT3 cars lapping around Spa right now for the 24h race should be around the 2:23's (with Super pole in the 2:18.5 region yesterday)

Unless I've forgotten, PD haven't teased any real-life track (on FB or Twitter or their website for that matter) prior to its' debut on GTS, so this could mean that Spa is coming this update.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: It makes sense since this would be a familiar enough track for almost all GT players, and thus it would be easier to get used to by the time the 2 round of the series comes to pass.

K32
I had a look at the schedule for the last Manufacturer Series and I noticed this:
View attachment 754921
Since the FIA Manufacturer series races last around 25-30 minutes, the only track I could relate to that would take 10 laps to do and last about 25 minutes (plus a pitstop) using Gr.3 cars (GT3) would be Spa-Francorchamps. The GT3 cars lapping around Spa right now for the 24h race should be around the 2:23's (with Super pole in the 2:18.5 region yesterday)

Unless I've forgotten, PD haven't teased any real-life track (on FB or Twitter or their website for that matter) prior to its' debut on GTS, so this could mean that Spa is coming this update.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: It makes sense since this would be a familiar enough track for almost all GT players, and thus it would be easier to get used to by the time the 2 round of the series comes to pass.

People will do anything to suggest Spa is coming, give me strength.

K32
View attachment 754921

Any thoughts?

While it would be nice... I dunno. Seems a bit like wishful thinking. Track is probably 99% new track with similar lap time.

K32
I'm not sure, is there any other track out there that's not in GTS that would take 2 to 2 and a half minutes to lap?

Yes, a fantasy track, likely will multiple layouts, or a new combined circuit, or many other real life circuits that exist outside of the F1 and WEC Bubble.

Reactions: K32
Yes, a fantasy track, likely will multiple layouts, or a new combined circuit, or many other real life circuits that exist outside of the F1 and WEC Bubble.

I mean a real track. If you know one, please, share it with us. Fuel the hype lol.

its an opinion mate he doesnt like it me neither nothing ridicoulous about that, creating knockoff tracks without elevation no need for that.,
you are just like the people who attack others if they dont like the same thing there is one person whining here and thats you ,
grow up Man we there will be no trackeditor , you just like those people who whine that they removed the trackeditor.
Thank you!

When Le Mans 24 hours arrived we have Le Sartha Circuit.
This time there is Spa 24 Hours, maybe Spa is on the way.

You can't just list one coincidence, and then try to form a pattern from that.

For example, let me write out a pattern and you have to work out the next number, based on one connection:

2, 6, .....

what's next?

What im referring to is the fact that someone sees the words TBD on the schedule and intermediately thinks: "GUYS THAT'S TOTATLLY SPA HANDS DOWN"

No, when I see TBD I see any track in the world. When you realise the length of a Manufacturer race and see the number of laps, it helps narrow the number of tracks I know that could be suitable to one. Like @VeeDoubleU mentioned, Road America could just as likely come to the game (although it's a long shot).

Yes, I do like Spa, and there's a 24 hour race going on there right now, but the last proper update had Le Mans, briefly before the race was happening. I don't believe in coincidences, and strongly think that PD will be adding this track to GTS.

Why do you guys have to be so pessimistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back