GT Sport Update 1.63 Arrives, Brings Sport Mode Changes

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Feb 19, 2021.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. Ant78

Ant78

How amazing would a cheeky little VR update be with full grids. Take No Mans Sky, it now looks amazing on PS5 VR via PS4 backwards play.

Surely it's simple enough for a team like PD to 'flick the switch' and allow something they actually wanted for the PS4 at launch, but was held back by technical restrictions of hardware.

Here's me hoping, but very much doubting

Klik, Nafone14, Inferno251 and 8 others like this.
  3. IXON009

IXON009

I don't need personally any more content for GTS as GT7 is coming this year, but please, fix the goddam servers, its unplayable in lobbies at this point. I love GT League and Custom Races but its a big slap to ppl like me who likes to play with friends too!

forzaturismo and Animedeaf like this.
  4. Famine

Famine Administrator

There are no servers in lobbies. It's peer-to-peer.

fastone371, ynot, ProjectF and 17 others like this.
  5. Auditore

Auditore

I think polyphony is way too busy with gt7 so i don't expect content updates for gt sport but we did get a Yaris out of nowhere months ago.

MadMax97, ProjectF, Ddkklop and 7 others like this.
  6. alex511

alex511

When you write, there might be a combination with the fia start, it’s for me now clearly, we get only fixes in this updates

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    Cerebral303 likes this.
  7. IXON009

IXON009

Even better then, fix whatever it takes. I dont think the problem is my wifi as the signal is 1000 mbit, its even better than my old cable net.

8. Lazybike

Lazybike

Surely some kind of penalty system update at least, as always I'll be hoping for a track, don't care which one, anything new will do!

MadMax97, Jim_bilzerian and GTP_Guido like this.
  9. Famine

Famine Administrator

With peer-to-peer it doesn't matter how good your connection is (also your bandwidth - which I'm assuming is 1000Mbps, not 1000mbps, because 1 bit per second sucks and 1 gigabit per second doesn't - is almost irrelevant, though the fact it's wireless isn't), it's how good everyone's connection it.

If you're racing in a lobby with someone on the other side of the planet or someone with a home network made of potatoes - or both - you're going to have a bad time of it.

(also please use the Quote function; it notifies users you're responding to them).

10. zeptrans

zeptrans

Hope to see some new cars and/or track, always good to refresh GTS, before a late GT7 launch. But, as said in the article, maybe a preparation to FIA events.

I was always thinking each lobbies created their "own" server (between lobby players). I'm learning everydays :tup:

JEverettL likes this.
  11. Giygas

Giygas

Can't imagine it will bring any content, but nice nonetheless.

12. Racing_Miku

Racing_Miku Premium

Well hopefully there is some VGT content or any other content PD have decided to release for GT Sport.

Look forward to further news in due course!

13. GBalao888

GBalao888

Like hopefully the Jaguar and Lamborghini VGT's (the SV for the Jag) and the Porsche 917 Living Legend.

MidnightRun85 likes this.
  14. alex511

alex511

When the update is short before the saison-start, it’s for me obviously, that’s together with that. Otherwise, I can’t explain me this.

15. Famine

Famine Administrator

In essence, each console acts as a server, but also as a client. There's no single machine to which all the others send data and which then serves data out to all the others. They all do it.

16. anthonyfa18

anthonyfa18

I would love for a PS5 Patch that would include a
    60FPS Gameplay @ 2160p
    60FPS Replays @ 1800p or 2160p
    120fps Gameplay @ 1080p or 1800p

As for content it would be cool to get at least 1 New Track or at most add some Rain Conditions at existing Tracks like
    Blue Moon, Suzuka, Nürburgring 24 hour, Kyoto Driving Park. This can make some fun race in 2021 Nations Cup.

and on one last note it would be fun to get some upgrade cars (GR.4 & GR.3) EVO packages, this can spice up the
    2021 Manufacturer Series

ProjectF, Dezcom, buraspo and 6 others like this.
  17. Granadier

Granadier Premium

This will just include a refresh for the BRZ :lol:

18. barak181

barak181

Dear sweet baby jesus, please do something about the wreck of a penalty system....

19. dwolff

dwolff

I rewatched the original Vr teaser trailer this week, the one Sony eventually pulled because the game wasn’t going to get the vr features advertised. I was so hopeful it was coming eventually.
    Here’s a link if anyone wants a refresher:

20. Bloodytears

Bloodytears Premium

Dunno about ps5, 4 will definitely burn out.

21. NickXP

NickXP

Ummm, I don't know if you have a PS5 or not, but I do and it can do that already...

22. Ryan81

Ryan81

I think we'll get the Aston Martin Valkyrie and the new Porsche 911 GT3 992.

23. alex511

alex511

That’s a thing for Forza, the newest hyper and sportcars as update.
    In Gran Turismo, you get the RUF ;-)

wolf4263, AgentBlackDog and tttao like this.
  24. anthonyfa18

anthonyfa18

I don't think it will burn out a ps4 they pull it off at spa its works good

I don't have a ps5 yet but it run at 4k at 1800p not 2160p, just like on ps4 pro

25. mokalovesoulmat

mokalovesoulmat

It is called peer-to-peer, or P2P. This is common in 360/PS3 era especially Call of Duty games pre-Advanced Warfare, but right now most online games are now using dedicated servers.

In race time, all clients (or consoles) are sending data to all other connected consoles. But they still need a host to let everyone know which console is which. In a lobby if you setup a room, you will become a host. You can also switch hosts.

If you want a perfectly playable and working lobby race environment, everyone should be in NAT 2 (outbound and inbound game connection is not blocked by a firewall or the ISP) or NAT OPEN in Call of Duty games. This can be done by each person's router. I usually put my console in DMZ (demilitarized zone) so all packets from public internet can reach my console without problem.

Or the easiest, just bring everyone to a LAN party. Connect every console to one single LAN device and voila. (But not possible due to some virus eh)

You can do 60fps replays already. If you have PS4 Pro/PS5, go to Video Settings, set graphics options to "Prioritize Frame Rate". 60fps replays are amazing...like you are watching real races

26. Franske

Franske

They add ray tracing and all ready some tracks from GT7 (I hope).

27. alex511

alex511

The best update certainly would be, a release date for GT7 :DD

28. snc

snc

this patch is called gt7 ;d

LMSCorvetteGT2 and Doomotron like this.
  29. The359

The359

It will be a small patch, BOP tweaks, and penalty system overhaul.

mef and barak181 like this.
  30. SuperKlonoaGT

SuperKlonoaGT

That's at the cost of resolution, though. It drops down to 1080p when you select it. So what he wants is both 4K and 60fps in the replays.

And seeing how Ghost of Tsushima and God of War pulled it off nicely, it should be doable for PD. Especially if GT7 isn't releasing anytime soon.

anthonyfa18 likes this.