GT Sport Update 1.45 Now Available

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 365 comments
Some New Deluxe Version of GT Sport Coming october 4th, Called Gran Turismo Spec ll
https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog/detail/9000/20190927-gtsport-2.html
Screenshot_20190927-110857.png
Screenshot_20190927-110905.png

So now they're planning to make Spec 2.0 for GT Sport?? :dunce::eek:

It was rumred fo a while AFAIK.

Don´t know what the initial source for the rumor was.

Given how much this game has grown since it came out a re-release seems like a good idea.

ELI5: Why people are obsessed with SPA?
I'd say its one of the top 5 racing tracks in the world, one that we dont have in the game yet.
Others in the top 5 are Nürburgring Nordschleife and La Sarthe that we both have already. Not sure which ones the other two would be. Probably Suzuka (we also have it) and Sepang, I dont know, but both would be behind Spa. Sepang would be really really cool to have IMO, one of my absolute favorite tracks.

"Shortly after the update, four DLC packs were released."

Those where paid DLC packs. (The first pack had SPA....)

Maybe Spec II also marks the end of GTS´s monthly free content as we know it.

I´d be OK with that. I feel like I´ve really gotten my money´s worth out of GT Sport.

GT5 Spec 2.0 - Expanded online lounge features (narrowing down cars types, shuffle races...)

So with GT Sport Spec 2.0, Maybe, just maybe there is some hope for the return of shuffle races to the GT Series. Fingers crossed

GT5 Spec 2.0 - Expanded online lounge features (narrowing down cars types, shuffle races...)

So with GT Sport Spec 2.0, Maybe, just maybe there is some hope for the return of shuffle races to the GT Series. Fingers crossed
Maybe if they give us the ability to have one-make cups without editing max power and min weight, ban OP cars, restrict allowed cars to only N class or only Gr class, and to have multiple tyre categories (like Sport and Comfort together), road car lobbies' quality would improve significantly.

Don't get excited just yet, based on Google Translate (which could be wrong of course) it seems that Spec II is just a re-release of GTS but updated to version 1.39 with some bonus cars and 2.5 million credits to start with. It looks like it's aimed at new players. It costs 2,990 yen.

There's also a "PlayStation Hits" version of GTS coming out, which is only version 1.00 and costs 1,990 yen.

Just sounds like they changed a name of something and added base stuff to flog more copies of the game.

Flowing track, great history, nice scenery. Why are people obsessed with the Nurburgring?
Spa is not even in the same catergory as Nurburgring. Nurb is actually fun and challenging. Spa is boring and mediocre. In my opinion. :D

I think anyone expecting Spec II to add ANYTHING to the game need to drastically lower their expectations. This is just a re-release with some cars that are already in the game unlocked and extra credits.

I also don't see PD releasing an update this week, and then another update a week later.

All that said a new opening movie would be cool :) (not that I'm expecting that!)

EDIT SORRY WRONG THREAD

Last edited:
MMX
No trolling necessary. Spa has one gimick S turn going up a hill, the rest is run of the mill.
Its a very varied and nice track with uphills, downhills, low speed corners, high speed corners, several straights, a semi-straight, a hairpin, its a great and very complete track plus it has a lot of history, thats why it's great.

MEGATON!

That´s where we get SPA.

Book it.

The $30 goes purely to buying Spa LMAO! Honestly don't know why PD has so much more trouble with licenses than other companies with more better tracks. I think PD blew all its money securing a few big names like Bugatti, Suzuka, Mercedes, etc.

I think anyone expecting Spec II to add ANYTHING to the game need to drastically lower their expectations. This is just a re-release with some cars that are already in the game unlocked and extra credits.

I also don't see PD releasing an update this week, and then another update a week later.

All that said a new opening movie would be cool :) (not that I'm expecting that!)

EDIT SORRY WRONG THREAD

Capcom Streetfighter V did the same thing. GT Sport and Streetfighter V are the exact same business model. Delay content as long as possible to build up hype and interest. NOT FOR ME :(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_V

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back