GT Sport Update 1.50 Arrives, With New Lewis Hamilton Content and the Return of Ruf

What's going on with the air intakes on the M3 front bumper? Looks like a texture mapping error on the replay (lower quality) model. On photo mode, it looks alright.

The CTR3 is much faster than I expected it to be. It's a real handful as the torque steer at low speeds is ridiculous. There's wheelspin in first and second gear so driving out of the corners is a pain. But it's still a great car. The E46 M3 on the other hand is much more manageable, and does everything you ask of it. The performance is effortless and I would highly recommend it.

The Spa circuit experience is definitely the hardest one so far.

1hr trying my hardest and I can't get anywhere below 2:26.327 :indiff:
There's a few places where you don't have to brake, and barely even get off the the throttle. Those can be major time sinks. I don't know the name of any of the turns, but that last left hander can be taken flat out, if you hit it right.

I managed to surprise my self, and get a 2:22.???, and was pleased with that.

The CTR3 is much faster than I expected it to be. It's a real handful as the torque steer at low speeds is ridiculous. There's wheelspin in first and second gear so driving out of the corners is a pain. But it's still a great car. The E46 M3 on the other hand is much more manageable, and does everything you ask of it. The performance is effortless and I would highly recommend it.
The stability of the CTR3 is rather wild, as it isn't exactly an easy beast to tame around the Nurburgring. At some point you would lose the balance and rhythm of the car if you push it too hard from corner to corner. The top speed as claimed was around 380+km/h, while it can only do 362km/h.

Bug on the dlc for this one, I still got 500,000 credits for making a silver time on dragon trail.

The stability of the CTR3 is rather wild, as it isn't exactly an easy beast to tame around the Nurburgring. At some point you would lose the balance and rhythm of the car if you push it too hard from corner to corner. The top speed as claimed was around 380+km/h, while it can only do 362km/h.

Sounds interesting - this might make me power up the PS4 again.

Okay. Started a new game again.... With the LHDLC , all Challenges Gold, a new player can accrue 30,050,000Cr(50k at the start of the game), three prize cars(W08, C9, AMG GT3) and one Daily Workout gift( I got "lucky" with the new 86). Factor in the First car and kart from the etiquette videos(I deleted them) and a player is set up pretty good in about one hour of play.
EKhf8szVUAA59OO

EKhjz1aVAAEQmMD

Since I'm at Level 17, I can't access the good Cr making Professional League. The Circuit Experiences will add another 5-6mil Cr and bring me up to Level 20, once they are all completed.

As it is, a player has the option to continue with the LHDLC for platinum rewards or continue building Cr at a steady rate via, the other Campaigns. Meanwhile, collecting a garage full of free cars without spending anything, as normal.

Okay. Started a new game again.... With the LHDLC , all Challenges Gold, a new player can accrue 30,050,000Cr(50k at the start of the game), three prize cars(W08, C9, AMG GT3) and one Daily Workout gift( I got "lucky" with the new 86). Factor in the First car and kart from the etiquette videos(I deleted them) and a player is set up pretty good in about one hour of play.
EKhf8szVUAA59OO

EKhjz1aVAAEQmMD

Since I'm at Level 17, I can't access the good Cr making Professional League. The Circuit Experiences will add another 5-6mil Cr and bring me up to Level 20, once they are all completed.

As it is, a player has the option to continue with the LHDLC for platinum rewards or continue building Cr at a steady rate via, the other Campaigns. Meanwhile, collecting a garage full of free cars without spending anything, as normal.
Well besides the handsome profit you'll earn, I'm sure you'll earn a lot of XP right? Cause I'm stuck at level 44 and I'm hoping this'll really turn things around.

Spotted the generic Hamilton hater. How are you going to assume that drivers of the past didn't complain when we don't have access to a lot of the team radio? Drivers are trying to push themselves to the limit while being under intense stressful conditions. Of course you wouldn't understand this from the comfort of your own home.

...I don't hate him, I just stopped watching F1 since 1994 lol

But it is ridiculous for 10 TT events we need to pay 8$ yet we got so many free cars...

But it is ridiculous for 10 TT events we need to pay 8$ yet we got so many free cars...
Again: as @Famine said 20 times now paid car and track packs would split the player base as some players wouldn‘t have access to any car/track which is somewhat essential in an esports game

Tried the Jag VGT and my godness PD/FIA were truly sadist on making the World Tour racers go with the car in Sardegna haha
The car feels very nice on speed and the sound is so pleasant along the interior aesthetic but my godness even with racing softs you're gonna have a rough time with it: bad brakes and understeer city.

Still a nice looking car and can't wait for Lamborghini

Thoughts on the update so far:

Amemiya RX-7 is quite possibly my favorite car in the entire pack. Low key kind of been waiting for this thing to show up for a couple years now and PD somehow managed to deliver on it. Only issue with it is the long fifth gear which kinda kills its top end but it makes up for it by being pretty good with accel and handling, so it's great for technical or short tracks.

M3 E46 is pretty much what I expect from it; solid ride all around, but a slight bit heavy around corners. Not gonna slap one of the ten million Most Wanted replica liveries on it; besides, I could just drive the real thing in Heat anyway.

CTR3 is pretty nutty to drive. Bit baffled that you can't take it any further than N700 but I'm fond of its addition to the series. I do hope it has some sort of impact within the current racing game ecosystem though in the sense that other games consider re-adding RUF to their lineup since GT Sport proves you can apparently have RUF and Porsche co-exist and race directly against each other.

Still haven't gotten the Jaguar VGT or facelift GT86 yet. I do want to get the Jag but I refuse to get the facelift GT86 unless Daily Workout throws one at me.

Only downside for me in this update is that CTR3's power can only be reduced through upgrades. It caps out at 107% no matter what upgrade level it is.
Sad, i wanted to try a N1000 CTR3

The Spa Challenge isnt that hard but that's coming from someone who has been racing Spa pretty much exclusively since it came out and I've gotten used the horrid way the Challenge 911 RSR handles. Of course like many we've been on Spa since Geoff Crammond.

Its understeery for some reason AND then its oversteery!

I use TCS0 which is faster for me. For most sections it took either 1st go or 2nd go.

Some times were lax enough that I was able to get the RSR a bit sideways to rotate the car in the direction of the next corner then jack the power... eg. around Les Combe Malmedy Bruxelles.

This is not good driving technique, its just the dumb way I drive.

SpaF1-07.f8790385e69917207b1a12e00b639228.png

La Source is understeer corner, I would suggest going slow as possible in this car.

Eau Rouge Raddillion you cheat a bit by riding the curbs excessively, I did.

Double Gauche is 2nd in but 3rd full power out.

Les Fagnes is easy in but the left hander you do well to steer right away hard left so you can go full power and not have to brush the right curb.

Campus is 1st in, full power of of Stavelot, Blachimont dump 4th and full power no brake.

Chicane 1st and hit the curbs,

That's it. Took me a DWG ie. 42km to gold the lot.

Something to note about the CTR3, did it have black alloy wheels as standard? I’ve only ever seen it in pictures with silver rims, and would like to know

Disappointing. Paid DLC. A track was promised but not delivered. Not even a wet variant. Luckily I have a lot of cheap games to play with the black Friday sales.

Back