GT Sport Update 1.57 Arrives

How do you know that it's "a small minority"? If only a few people asked for the GT-One, even less asked for the 2020 Toyota GR Supra RZ which has, as far as I know, zero differences with the 2019 version.
Because this site, with "only" a little more than 300 thousand users, and even fewer active users (this site has been around for 19 years now and users have came and went), certainly does not speak on behalf of all the 10 million+ people who have played the game. Hence a "small minority." I'm not saying that all of the millions of people who aren't on this site, or Facebook or Twitter for that matter, are rejoicing over the Supra, but I just wanted to point that out.

The duplicate Supra isnt the only stuff they'll give for the next update.
Where does it say this?
Pretty sure they are also updating the game mechanics. Doesn't have to be cars & tracks to be considered "stuff" really. Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing how the dynamics of the racing change with the update. I'm hopeful that the slipstream won't be nearly as powerful as it is right now.

Would Toyota be even more/too OP though if you could use both Supras for Manu?
It could be. I'm not that experienced with the Gr4 Supra but I thought it felt kinda heavy. Didn't seem like it accelerated quickly which might make it a more normal car

Hahaha. Like clockwork, our resident S15 Boi is screaming and crying in the replies to Gran Turismo’s update 1.57 tweet.

I honestly cannot help but laugh at the fact that PD keeps pulling this duplicate car BS :lol:

Congrats Miata you are no longer the most hated car in recent GT memory

Because this site, with "only" a little more than 300 thousand users, and even fewer active users (this site has been around for 19 years now and users have came and went), certainly does not speak on behalf of all the 10 million+ people who have played the game. Hence a "small minority." I'm not saying that all of the millions of people who aren't on this site, or Facebook or Twitter for that matter, are rejoicing over the Supra, but I just wanted to point that out.

There's really no way to say one way or another which cars the active community would prefer- though I think it's very odd to defend the choice of this car over something like a GTone or CLK GTR.

Do you do anything other than complain about GT updates

Perhaps both parties should do something to fix that.

I can understand peoples' reaction. They would not react this way if the other party "upped their game" (literally)...

You cannot expect people to put on a happy face and cheerlead whatever it is they're shovelling out every three months.

In fact if you gave me a choice of a forum full of complainers or cheerleaders I cannot fathom remaining if it ended up like some kind of evangelical church.

Companies should have their feet put to the fire.

Also bummed that it doesn’t have the lip spoiler. PD is very unique. Other games be getting the E 63 S, Jesko, Portofino, GT500, Divo, you know... cars that a racing game should have. GT be getting another Supra. This is the only game with the A90 though, so we still got bragging rights... :lol: other games have dragging rights about the hundreds of cars GT doesn’t have...

Last edited:
At least there is still some variation. Lots of Gran Turismo 6's duplicates were just the same car but with a different name depending on the market.
AwwAbtgQ1HSP1KNRaGkzU-IJGQy1hy3cFuMMqmtGQ-k.jpg

I actually see no value at all in any kind of positive comments in this phase of the game.

I can understand if you think "we should wait for more info"... this is true. If we get three cars, even if they are three dupes like this and a track and there's some meaningful content then this is all fine.

But if its 3 cars and SFA like the last one....

Further there's no value in cheerleading, none at all.

If the content is truly great like say the Spa update then really, that stuff speaks for itself.

I personally dont come here to people to give big ups to an update because its such a rare occurence. People should be critical and analytical... even if its not in a terribly polite manner.

ONLY ONE??? NOT HAVE LAMBORGHINI LAMBO V12 VGT?????
Kind of hate that they keep holding it back. And we don't know if it'll have a Gr. 1 version.

The game needs race cars. That isn’t even up for debate. PD know this too because they’ve scanned a bunch of GTE cars and a recent Le Mans winner. As ever we will see when they’re released.

Which cars in general, and I hope we can get a link for some information on this. The latter seems to be the race-winning TS050 Hybrid.

Last edited:
This update could mean that the future updates could only be one car (Just speculation). April 23 the 2020 Supra, May 25 the RX Vision GT3, June the Lamborghini, May the Porsche 917 Concept, etc.
My prediction is that the RX-Vision GT3 will be joined alongside the Lamborghini VGT (and maybe some other surprises, who knows).

The Porsche 917 Living Legend will have to be in June because of the fact that it coincides with the month of Le Mans. However, Le Mans is happening on September of this year, provided that things go smoothly because of you-know-what.

Supra? Has anyone seen one on the road? It looks (a lot) better in pictures, and from a long ways off. Yeah, I'm complaining. What I really want is a C8, but I'd be willing to wait for a Z06. Sport Mode fixes has my attention, though. Might bring me back...

Back