GT Sport Update 1.57 Arrives

Here's my disclaimer from the 2020 Supra GT Cup thread. Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful.
Okay, everyone reading this thread. Pay attention. Stay focused because, if PDI/GR offer another survey at the end of the GR Supra Cup, don't be complaining you didn't get the GT4 Supra when(most likely) it'll be gifted before the next Gran Turismo. Heck, maybe even as a claimed gift, when players buy the next Gran Turismo.

Edit: Well, here'ss hoping it'll be a META like the F50, M4, X-Bow and S-FR Concept race car.

Last edited:
My question is: why does PD insist on putting the front license plate mount on most of the street cars? It's so ugly. This isn't real life where it's required, please get rid of it.

Also, I don't mind the Supra because it actually has a purpose (Supra Cup) other than just adding another one to the game. I'm still anxious to find out if we're getting the other adjustments that were previewed in March.

I am currently content with the game as it is. I don't use sport mode and only use lobbies, so a few update tweaks and a car I'm good with. I know FIA guys and the like will disagree.

It's the Renault Clio RS 220 situation all over again.

Doesn't even have cooler fog lamps. Big minus there.

I get why there's a new Supra. My only question is: did they spend 6 months scanning one? Or did they they just go to livery editor and give it a shiny blue :lol:

If they are updating the car as they said they were, then I guess...basically?

Ready for my crucifixion now.

Shall I ready the martyrs?

I hope they figure out a way of making this easier to use on the PS5, it's a nightmare on the old 500gb PS4 models.

With that SSD, I'm willing to bet that'll be far less of an issue. Looking forward to having updates where copying isn't slower then actually downloading them.

People should be critical and analytical... even if its not in a terribly polite manner.

While I agree, there lies the big issue on both sides of the fence: There is never a middle ground, it's either this end of the spectrum or the other. With the complainers, being critical often never involves being analytical and its substituted by just throwing toys around because "it's not what I want" nor does it conform to any wish lists (which to be Frank, is society in general). I'm not against criticizing as I actually have done it myself (Hence my disapproval with the Hamilton DLC, which in my opinion puts a massive fan request behind a paywall and offers mostly lackluster prizes just for doing something that people did in GT6 without shelling out money for) but there is a major difference between criticism and "This sucks" and many overused expletives for the millionth time. Likewise, there are the classic fanboys who seemingly just ignore this game's problems (Gamebreaking problems in many cases) or want to act as if any criticism is "ungrateful", which I would argue discourages meaningful improvement (Its what I've begun to refer to as the "Elizabeth Holmes Syndrome").

Overall, both sides are overly extreme and seemingly refuse to look past their choice of sunglasses whether it's the edgy Oakley's of the complainers or the classic rose tented ray-bans of the fanboys.

Regarding this update, I simply don't care nearly as much for the content as I do for the game being fixed (Something I repeatedly notice neither side pays attention to). Kinda hard to just enjoy new content when the base fundamentals and mechanics are massively flawed and either are still present or as was the case with some patches, made even worse (I'm looking at you, Penalty system). Frankly, I think the concentration needs to be more focused on making the game's signature feature look more like a polished feature and less like the Berlin Brandenburg Airport. So color me unfeeling that the only car we get this month is a model only different in year and horsepower (And classification apparently), I am way more interested in whether I can actually enjoy Sport Mode without having yet another surprise flaw that isn't related to another moron that thinks he's a certain racing driver in which he has absolutely no chance in being.

Edit: Whew, what a wall of text. Been holding that in for while.

This is why I always pee my pants with excitement when eagerly anticipating what Kaz and the rest of the Gods:bowdown: at PD have in store for us.

Since I'm not up to date with the new A90 Supra, would someone be so kind as to inform me of the difference between the 2019 and 2020 models?

This is why I always pee my pants with excitement when eagerly anticipating what Kaz and the rest of the Gods:bowdown: at PD have in store for us.

Since I'm not up to date with the new A90 Supra, would someone be so kind as to inform me of the difference between the 2019 and 2020 models?
https://www.carscoops.com/2020/02/2...55-hp-turbo-four-382-hp-3-0l-and-a91-edition/

2021-Toyota-GR-Supra-family-9.jpg

As far as in-game is concern, supposed changes based on the feedback from the survey last year and more horsepower, which also means it now becomes a N400 car as opposed to the 2019 model in N300.

Supra? Has anyone seen one on the road? It looks (a lot) better in pictures, and from a long ways off. Yeah, I'm complaining. What I really want is a C8, but I'd be willing to wait for a Z06. Sport Mode fixes has my attention, though. Might bring me back...

I saw a couple of them and tho it looks tons better in real life, specially the rear of the car

you can never have enough Life of Brian quotes :cheers: one of the funniest films ever made

Brian: Lay off, I’ve had a hard time!
Ben: You’ve had a hard time? I’ve been here 5 years, they only hung me right way up yesterday

Apologies for taking the subject off topic
Even more of topic: the first time I saw it, in the cinema when it first opened I was with my mom and dad and sisters.
My dad is a priest, both my sisters are now also.
I was having way more fun than they where....

I also wonder if any new GT League events could be coming? I don't think we've seen a new race added for the Gr.3 Endurance Series in a while - perhaps a round at Laguna Seca would be a good addition? Especially since we just got another Gr.3 car with the DBR9. I bet there'll be at least a new round for the Supra Legend event, too, with the newer A90 being added. I could also see another round being added for the hatchback event, since we've obtained the non-Abarth-tuned Fiat 500.

Not sure if we'll ever see new events entirely, but I think it'd be cool, especially if we got some classic events like the Roadster Endurance, or something with more interesting regulations, like an endurance event that features Group C cars.

Honestly, I don't understand people complaining about the Supra.
Probably because as i said on my comment there are other ways to add the car but instead of stand alone model like its 1999 to an already huge game.
it was pretty clear they would update the model after each season.
Wait what? :eek: So we will get the 2021 and possibly 2022 Supras as well? Oh for 🤬 sake ... the Supra will become the new Skyline... By the way does anyone know what happend to the 917 Concept? Wasen't it supposed to arrive during the first quarter this year :confused: .

Back