GT Sport Update 1.63 Arrives, Brings Sport Mode Changes

I do wonder after what happened with both Mitsubishi and Nissan, if now its Peugeot (and BMW I think?) that'll be getting their logos changed next.

yv0yr82b136v_800.jpg

Ps5 update is very unrealistic. Tthey should finish GT7 and that’s all.
It really depends to what extent they would update it for PS5. New features etc. is more work that allowing the game to run at a higher resultion and at a higher FPS. There are easy ways to improve the game in certain ways for PS5 and then more difficult things like adding things like higher LOD objects and full AI grids to VR races which would require far more work and testing.

I agree that it's unlikely, but it doesn't have to be difficult. We're likely to just see BOP changes and tweaks in the code, maybe if we're lucky a VGT car or two but probably just coding tweaks for the next FIA championships.

Last edited:
That's at the cost of resolution, though. It drops down to 1080p when you select it. So what he wants is both 4K and 60fps in the replays.

And seeing how Ghost of Tsushima and God of War pulled it off nicely, it should be doable for PD. Especially if GT7 isn't releasing anytime soon.

100% what I was saying, and I Strongly agree that we are more thn 1 year away from GT7. I feel PD can take opportunity to get fans back before GT7 comes out

I rewatched the original Vr teaser trailer this week, the one Sony eventually pulled because the game wasn’t going to get the vr features advertised. I was so hopeful it was coming eventually.
Here’s a link if anyone wants a refresher:

Man That's cruel seeing that and what we got is 1 v1 that justs indicates for you too overtake, look round and the dudes head flickers in and out of view. Would have sold many more vr headsets.

Last edited:
Honestly couldn’t care less about additional content.... just be a penalty fix... please...

Yeah I am at that point too save new content for GT7 but for all that is sacred fix the penalty system in GT Sport. Heck just switch it off because then at least I wouldn't have any expectations with regards to clean racing.

100% what I was saying, and I Strongly agree that we are more thn 1 year away from GT7. I feel PD can take opportunity to get fans back before GT7 comes out
Sorry, but where from do you take the info? I only can give the info, that actually no first party game is confirmed with a date for second half of 2021. As we can see, the last announce was for June, Ratchet & Clank. Of course, Sony will bring a game for that half, especially the holidays, and so we can’t say it comes not this year anymore. Actually, it stands for 2021 still! I remember at the banner in last year, further release time was given for the first half. So, when theres more consoles in the second half, what many guys see as point for later release, it’s for me realistic we could get GT7 then.

Last edited:
Not expecting any new content and probably just minor bug fixes.

Personally would love a patch that compresses the file size down a fair bit like they’ve managed to do with some of the newer PS5 patches (using Kraken?).

Would love to see a native 2160p option for PS5 but part of me thinks they won’t want to make GT Sport look too much better as they will want GT7 to look like more of a visual upgrade by comparison.

Is something I’d love to see though.

Ideally it would be good to get a glimpse of a future penalty system upgrade for GT7. Other than that, can't see too much changing, now GT7 is the next thing.

Back