GT Sport Update Arrives This Week, Adds Lewis Hamilton DLC - But No Laguna Seca

Status
Not open for further replies.
When has there every been a track released before that cost money?

Thats what I was thinking:tup: But when has there ever been a paid DLC? As I mentioned above, it seemed odd that all of this was bundled together for the update.

Are you 100% sure? I can't remember seeing that Laguna Seca was going to be free content.
GT Sport cannot introduced exclusive paid content, because it would render the flagship FIA feature unusable. Imagine a paid DLC track showing up in Daily Races or a round of FIA - and imagine the tantrums from those who paid for the track if it were temporarily available to race and practice for an event.

That's why the only thing you've been able to pay for until now is cars you can also get by playing the game - to shortcut the terrible economy - and why the first additional paid content is a game mode. There might be a unique car for that, in the form of an existing car with a couple of carbon fibre bits and a unique livery, but it will not be treated differently from the existing car.

Thats what I was thinking:tup: But when has there ever been a paid DLC? As I mentioned above, it seemed odd that all of this was bundled together for the update.
It's not "bundled together". It just so happens that this update with the content it already had happens to be the one in which the LHTTC is released. It could - and indeed seemingly should - have been in any other update to now.

- Jaguar VGT
- Hamilton Time Trial
- Laguna Seca
- GT LEague events.

A good update, maybe not enough in the car terms, because it is just a VGT (grx) some useless car after all

True, but I'm mainly looking at the content.

We've gotten loads of cars and tracks added to the game for free. But the first paid DLC looks to be a slightly enhanced version of Time Trials, which was released not too long ago. Paying Lewis might be part of the reason this DLC is paid, but I feel like there's got to be something more to it to justify us paying for it compared to all of the stuff we didn't pay for. Hopefully that gets cleared up tomorrow.

its $7 right...that aint nothing, i spend more on a BEER sometimes, ffs it's not like they are asking for $20 like a lot of other DLC related games

After Spa and Laguna Seca, it seems almost inevitable that Silverstone will appear eventually. However, I think it is more likely to appear around one of the World Tour events next year.

I personally think next year will run similar to this year, with a low key track in early 2020 (equivalent to Route X, maybe a new original track e.g. Colorado Springs road course), allowing time for other stuff to be finished. Followed by a "real" track Spring into Summer. I wouldn't be very surprised if Silverstone appeared around the time of the grand prix in July.

In the meantime, I'm more than happy with Laguna Seca, Spa and Spa wet, which should provide inspiration for new GT League races for a while.

Now we know Laguna Seca is coming next week, although we don't know what cars are coming (other than the Jaguar VGT), we can start the monthly game of "guess the new GT league races".

If it is 7 races again, like last month, the endurance race will inevitably be at Laguna Seca.

With the races last month including dry Spa only, this month I think the other 6 races would be Spa wet and Laguna Seca. I think the 2 beginner races will be in Rotary event, especially with the Mazda partnership just being announced. I foresee 2, I think, in the VGT event, (whichever the Jaguar is eligible for), the Amateur races might be in the Midship event or 4WD event and I think will depend on whatever other cars are released this month (assuming there are some).

Revisiting my earlier post, I now think the Endurance race will be the X2019 at Interlagos, as was in the World Tour event, since the last ones have followed that pattern. The other 6 races (if the quantity is as before), I still think will be 2 Beginner rotary races, 2 Amateur midship or 4WD races and 2 Professional VGT races (for the Jaaaaaaag).

It feels like there might only be the Jaguar car this month and the spacing out of races has been pre planned to cover this, with Spa wet and Laguna Seca filling out the races this month, after Spa dry last month.

But it's not like we're short of things to do with 2 new tracks in 2 months!

Plus, I'm still catching up on some of the cars from earlier updates which I haven't had time to drive yet...! :embarrassed:

its $7 right...that aint nothing, i spend more on a BEER sometimes, ffs it's not like they are asking for $20 like a lot of other DLC related games
You're here to tell people not to complain about paid content, I get it. But you don't seem to understand what I'm saying:

This DLC is clearly optional, and doesn't sound like it will be relevant elsewhere in the game. So I'm trying to understand from a customer standpoint why I should pay for something that's essentially already in the game? There's cars/tracks that they've added to the that I happily would have paid for. That's what I'm hoping gets cleared up tomorrow

If it's not appealing, I'll simply not buy it and that will be the end of it.

In the last twenty years can’t think of a televised race that’s had bad weather, Jumping in here a bit late in case I missed it, but not expecting weather, but hope there's the usual different time of day.

You're here to tell people not to complain about paid content, I get it. But you don't seem to understand what I'm saying:

This DLC is clearly optional, and doesn't sound like it will be relevant elsewhere in the game. So I'm trying to understand from a customer standpoint why I should pay for something that's essentially already in the game? There's cars/tracks that they've added to the that I happily would have paid for. That's what I'm hoping gets cleared up tomorrow

If we're just talking about the paid lewis hamilton stuff, I was just pointing to the fact that the content is endorsed my Lewis Hamilton, so the logical assumption would be to make people pay for it.

It doesn't sound like this aspect of Lewis' referenced lap times to beat with prizes are already in the game...its another tchotchkee, but its not an expensive one, and it actually maybe fun for an hour.

Buying it or not won't affect Lewis Hamiltons pocket book

It doesn't sound like this aspect of Lewis' referenced lap times to beat with prizes are already in the game...its another tchotchkee, but its not an expensive one, and it actually maybe fun for an hour.
I love your granular explanation of Time Trial. $7 for a whole hour of fun lol, don't waste it all at once.

Buying it or not won't affect Lewis Hamiltons pocket book
Please quote where I made any mention of trying to hurt Lewis' financial situation by not buying this DLC? Been watching him race for over a decade.

But on that topic, not every person that bought GT Sport is an F1/Lewis Hamiltion fan.

I'm completely ok with PD charging for an extra mode like this time trial seems to be - it's not for me, but I can see more hardcore players getting a kick out of competing with Lewis Hamilton.

However - I'm a bit upset about the credit limit raise that is also part of this paid DLC. I'm always at 20mil and shy away from spending it on a 250 GTO or something like that because it'll take a long time to re-earn it. I'd appreciate a higher credits limit, and it's probably something that is really easy to change for PD. I won't pay six bucks for it, though.

I love your granular explanation of Time Trial. $7 for a whole hour of fun lol, don't waste it all at once.

Please quote where I made any mention of trying to hurt Lewis' financial situation by not buying this DLC? Been watching him race for over a decade.

But on that topic, not every person that bought GT Sport is an F1/Lewis Hamiltion fan.

My comments are logical explanations of why they are charging, the point is thats its all to line Hamiltons pocket so he will maybe stay as an endorser....plus I truly doubt he cares about our times on GT sport. He has cool hair tho

BTW Thanks I love it when forum user care about time being wasted...SHALOM

This DLC is clearly optional, and doesn't sound like it will be relevant elsewhere in the game. So I'm trying to understand from a customer standpoint why I should pay for something that's essentially already in the game?

what's so hard to understand, if you like the sound of it fork out the price of a pizza (which would be gone in 10 mins) and enjoy, if you don't like the idea don't buy it, personally I'll be into it despite having very little chance of beating him

As @Famine claimed in the article, I hope as well that Kazunori is just too busy to post any silhouette teasers on Twitter. I'd love to try out an array of new vehicles on Laguna Seca.

When do we get to check for new vehicles on PSN store? I seem to remember its normally on the New Zealand store first, at about the same time of day each month, but not the actual time... :dunce:

Laguna Seca not my favourite track but not complaining, still rather have it than not.

As for the LH stuff, the way i see it is pay a bit of money to challenge one of the best racers in the world. Get some pro tips along the way maybe. Sounds fine to me.
Don't like time trials or LH? You probably won't buy it. I can't see how that choice is a problem?

When do we get to check for new vehicles on PSN store? I seem to remember its normally on the New Zealand store first, at about the same time of day each month, but not the actual time... :dunce:
The cars from the 1.41 update (excluding the 1954 Jaguar D-Type) were shown in the PS Store eight days prior to the update's launch. I think that's been the only occasion where the cars were added to the PS Store much earlier.
gt-sport-new-cars-porsche-930-860x484.jpg

Don't like time trials or LH? You probably won't buy it. I can't see how that choice is a problem?

Read the other thread and you will see how the choice is a problem.

Person A: "I think I'll skip this. Not for me."
Person B: "You are clearly entitled and spoiled."

My comments are logical explanations of why they are charging, the point is thats its all to line Hamiltons pocket so he will maybe stay as an endorser....plus I truly doubt he cares about our times on GT sport. He has cool hair tho

BTW Thanks I love it when forum user care about time being wasted...SHALOM
I'm talking about the content of the DLC. You're here rambling about lining Lewis' pockets... But also he that doesn't need our money. Sounds like you've had enough $7 beers for the night.

It's equally funny when people make GT planet accounts just to tell people how to feel about video game.

what's so hard to understand, if you like the sound of it fork out the price of a pizza (which would be gone in 10 mins) and enjoy, if you don't like the idea don't buy it, personally I'll be into it despite having very little chance of beating him
Read the whole comment next time.

I forgot how brutal these update threads can get. Just tried to speculate that there may be something else in this DLC to help justify it being paid content, but here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back