GT Sport Update v1.14 Releases, Brings Bugfixes and Sport Mode Penalty Changes

One solution would be to make opponents cars look a foot longer and wider than they really are, so that people not allowing enough space to avoid contact will not 'really' be making contact. However, people would soon realise and start driving to the perceived real car size.
Yesterday I get my first penalty in the first brake-distance without any feel of a contact from behind. (Just think the reason because the driver name was on the screen with orange, and he was behind.) So maybe they already implemented your idea, just in the opposite way. They calculate with a longer/wider car. :D

Yeah same here. Had to make ANOTHER 4.8 Gb free by deleting another game! Who knows what its doing, but perhaps it needs all this space to unpack the update and then combine it with the existing executable. Whatever, its a real pain as I had to do similar last time - hardly any games on my PS4 now!

Same here. I also noticed that it took an absolute age to copy the update to the actual game files, so your reasoning seems right. Oh well, I've "trimmed the fat" on my ps4 now at least

I think the system has to consider the consequences and the movements pre/post of a touch.
If a slight bump occures without any track leaving and position loss of the “receiver”, then nothing to penalize.
Weaving sideways, pressing offtrack someone on a straight is completely different - can cause a DSQ.
Bumping someone on a brake-distance, causing him offtrack _but_ waiting for him immediatelly ang give him back the position is another completely different thing.
It is a joke to handle the contacts “binary”. A greater joke to penalize someone who received a bump from behind _without_ any unnecessarily slow movement. All these are calculable factors, the data is there, can be processed.

Are you sure the update is only 139mb? I just went on my PS4 to update the game and I have ~ 4gb of space but it's saying I don't have enough to download the update . . . .

My PS4 had the same problem but has a HDD attached for such issues. When you go into settings it shows you have a bit of disk space free open that and you'll find you actually don't have any like computers ha ha not that I know anything at all . Move a few a few apps/games to an external hdd like me and you are good to go mate :cheers:

Anyone raced on DR S/SR S already?

What I'm waiting to hear about too. This update is probably directed at them but I'm hoping to see penalties dished out further down the ranks. Make the D, C and B ranks more accountable.

Although I've been lucky to be on pole and win each race in Race B, I have noticed it seems more lenient, albeit still rather strict.
In one race, I exited final turn at Lago Maggiore Central side-by-side, guy locked up next to me, veered right towards me, but he got the penalty. Harsh as I only lost about 0.5 seconds from it. It was slight contact, slightly more than a simple paint trade.

Meanwhile, just watched a Nations Cup race at Blue Moon. Go to 6:18, it looks like we should try to avoid contact as much as possible.

Last edited:
Just finished a Manufacturers race at the Nurburgring GP and received some minor bumps and contact on some ambitious pass attempts by one guy and still got my clean race bonus. Bug fix seems to have worked as any contact before and you had an instant orange SR warning.

Now to include more tracks and GR3/4 cars in time for the official FIA championships.

I've been denoted from C/A to D/C since last change not played much since as I'm stuck in idiots group again and get handed penalties for I don't know what most of the time :crazy:hopefully it's back to normal

Another awesome patch for the awesome realistic real driving simulator :D There are holidays now and the kids and teens can enjoy even more this FIA licensed arcade game :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

What I want to know is will bump-drafting be allowed again, as there's a Nations Cup race at Blue Moon Bay Speedway tonight, and I don't want to get a penalty for merely touching someone. I got a 3-second penalty at Yamagiwa in the last Manufacturers Cup season because someone touched (not bumped -- literally just touched) my rear bumper going through the Esses. He wasn't even aware of it and had to ask me after the race to confirm if he'd actually touched me.

What I want to know is will bump-drafting be allowed again, as there's a Nations Cup race at Blue Moon Bay Speedway tonight, and I don't want to get a penalty for merely touching someone. I got a 3-second penalty at Yamagiwa in the last Manufacturers Cup season because someone touched (not bumped -- literally just touched) my rear bumper going through the Esses. He wasn't even aware of it and had to ask me after the race to confirm if he'd actually touched me.

* I just did Blue Moon Nations Cup for the Asian Region and tried bump drafting the guy in 3rd place down the start-finish line, no penalty for doing that and no Negative Sport Rating for that. Then tried it the following lap, and still no penalty or SR drop... (Was a DR A and SR A)

* I just did Blue Moon Nations Cup for the Asian Region and tried bump drafting the guy in 3rd place down the start-finish line, no penalty for doing that and no Negative Sport Rating for that. Then tried it the following lap, and still no penalty or SR drop... (Was a DR A and SR A)
Then I hope SR S is the same. I wish I could experiment with it before the actual race...maybe I could try it in qualifying.

Last night, pre patch, I was sucked into 'E' sportsmanship rating like it was a vortex.
And It sucked me in to a pool of quicksand.
No matter how hard I tried I couldn't escape.

Tonight I am back up to 'B' and had some wonderful, fair racing at the 'B' race on Maggiore.
Still a bit of nonsense hear and there. I copped a 4 second penalty for passing through a ghost, for example.
Penalties seem harder to get rid of, maybe?
But overall feels like an improvement.

Does anyone know if there is an official way of reporting issues to PD? They send out patches with a generic 'Bug Fixes' statement but would love to know how they get the bug reports.
Is it a case of opening up Google Translate and hoping that a bug report translation would make sense? lol

It would help if PD would stop making so many bad choices with their penalty system so they wouldn't have to fix it as quick as they did after the last update. You might not like people complaining but they had to patch this issue, it was terrible.
2 steps forward, 3 steps back. Why can't they get it right.

So is the slowing down immediately part gone?
That's all I want to know.
Nope

Last edited by a moderator:
The update file is 21.254 GB according to my PS4 :irked: Meanwhile I cannot progress in the game because it won't allow me to go online - despite prompting me repeatedly to go online :rolleyes:. Seriously, this online only nonsense is the height of stupidity - not only does it mean you can't play the game properly the day you buy it, now it would appear that I must wait 9 hours before playing it again because of a 'minor' update.

Last edited:
Exactly how do they suck?

Yea, I've seen some fantastic ones. I can't make a livery to save my life, but that doesn't mean they suck. It's a feature people have been clamoring over forever.

Jerome

The update file is 21.254 GB according to my PS4 :irked: Meanwhile I cannot progress in the game because it won't allow me to go online - despite prompting me repeatedly to go online :rolleyes:. Seriously, this online only nonsense is the height of stupidity - not only does it mean you can't play the game properly the day you buy it, now it would appear that I must wait 9 hours before playing it again because of a 'minor' update.
odd?? mine was about 123mb

Last edited by a moderator:
Back