GT Sport Update v1.14 Releases, Brings Bugfixes and Sport Mode Penalty Changes

So is the slowing down immediately part gone?
That's all I want to know.

Yeah, if they didn't fix that then they really didn't improve the situation. I want to drive on a race track, not on a freeway.
Carrying penalties to the end is the only fair thing to do for everyone in the race.

Yeah same here. Had to make ANOTHER 4.8 Gb free by deleting another game! Who knows what its doing, but perhaps it needs all this space to unpack the update and then combine it with the existing executable. Whatever, its a real pain as I had to do similar last time - hardly any games on my PS4 now!
External hard drives work wonders

I've had 0 trouble with updates, my PS4 updates while I'm not home and I come home to the patch already installed and ready to play.

Yea, I've seen some fantastic ones. I can't make a livery to save my life, but that doesn't mean they suck. It's a feature people have been clamoring over forever.

Jerome

I also like making liveries. Sadly, original decals aren't many. There's even no car brand decals, for example: "Subaru", etc. Decals uploaded by players do not have standard quality, aren't same as originals. There are good liveries made by fans. I downloaded too. And today I downloaded liveries made by Lucas Ordonez. They look good. Just search "Ordonez", you'll find it. But as you know, when you zoom in the cars with custom liveries that contains custom decals, they look cracky. I noticed it at game loading that shows our current car.

Well that was weird... I stopped the update (21 GB version) and deleted it - restarted the game and the download restarted, but this time it's only 139 MB...

Attachments

• 20180312_200634.jpg
    20180312_200634.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 20180312_185100.jpg
    20180312_185100.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 40
>does acouple of Sport Mode races under the old (pre-1.14) penalty system
>no unfair penalties
>does one race under the new penalty system
>gets slapped with a 2-second penalty for someone hitting me in the side after they'd left the track and rejoined unsafely

Yeah, **** that.

I also like making liveries. Sadly, original decals aren't many. There's even no car brand decals, for example: "Subaru", etc. Decals uploaded by players do not have standard quality, aren't same as originals. There are good liveries made by fans. I downloaded too. And today I downloaded liveries made by Lucas Ordonez. They look good. Just search "Ordonez", you'll find it. But as you know, when you zoom in the cars with custom liveries that contains custom decals, they look cracky. I noticed it at game loading that shows our current car.

You guys could take a peak at the livery editor side of this forum, tons of great originals and replica's, also a good place to ask for some specific decals.
(shameless self promotion for :gtpflag: :lol::lol:)

Back on topic, did the B race this morning on my account, no sweat , all clean and fair, good racing. So tonight I went again... It looked like GTA 5 in the first 3 corners and the last one, Pushing cars out etc etc etc, and guess what, no penalty's ! (B/S btw) Divebombs did get ghosted, only got a penalty for cutting on the grass trying to avoid a crashed car.
So, jumped to my son his account (D/E) and just went in.. Utter carnage again. "You don't know what you have got, till its gone" went through my mind, wouldn't mind the former penalty settings. This allowes drivers to side swipe you off track / in walls etc (and yes, happened also in SR S race)

So, time to go back to the livery editor !

>does acouple of Sport Mode races under the old (pre-1.14) penalty system
>no unfair penalties
>does one race under the new penalty system
>gets slapped with a 2-second penalty for someone hitting me in the side after they'd left the track and rejoined unsafely

Yeah, **** that.

Do you honestly believe that same thing wouldn't have happened before this update? This one's on you. Not making room for someone coming back onto the track is not a new penalty.

Last edited:
Do you honestly believe that same thing wouldn't have happened before this update? This one's on you. Not making room for someone coming back onto the track is not a new penalty.
Uh, no it's not. I wasn't even aware he was coming back on until after I'd been hit. All I knew was he'd gone off.

(Edit: Watched it back. Wasn't just after the apex, like I'd remembered, though I still couldn't see him.)

So I just bought GTS 2 weeks ago as a returning fan of the GT series and I have to say I’m pretty impressed with a good bit of it. Yet I have my issues or “stubbornness” about certain things. 1st off I love how it looks, amazing as always. I also have fallen in love with the livery editor. I’ll spend hours just in the discover tab looking at people’s creations and making my own. I also like how they made using a Ps4 controller actually usable when compared to the whole wheel and pedal set up. It’s easier to drive with the controller now. Now my main complaints I’ve seen have to be in overall content (my stubbornness) and the fact that the gold challenge times like the driving school and missions seem very easy to beat. I haven’t beaten them all yet but it seems like I can crush the gold target time by seconds on some which for me seems too easy with a controller. Compared to project cars 2 this game seems a lot easier and I don’t know if I like it too much. Then again maybe it could be the new driving mechanics like phsysics and tires and my skills from previous GT and similar simulators that I’ve improved that much. I used to be mediocre at best on the PS3 among my friends list. There were guys that were just that darn fast. However with this game I talked to a few of them on GTS and they say they just go for the gold and nothing further. Where as my goal in a Gran Turismo game is to be the fastest on my friends list. This game doesn’t seem to push people to their limits which is what I do on all those challenges. I push to get faster until I can’t get a faster time. My friends don’t see it that way unfortunately because I’ve been able to beat all of their times on all the challenges so far with hardly any work. That has to be my biggest complaint about it, where’s the challenge? Now this doesn’t mean I’ll stop playing it, which I will not do. This game is super fun and I’m enjoying every second on it. It looks great, feels great, and all other things great. I’m glad to have a GT on ps4 and can’t wait for future stuff.

Where as my goal in a Gran Turismo game is to be the fastest on my friends list. This game doesn’t seem to push people to their limits which is what I do on all those challenges. I push to get faster until I can’t get a faster time. My friends don’t see it that way unfortunately because I’ve been able to beat all of their times on all the challenges so far with hardly any work. That has to be my biggest complaint about it, where’s the challenge?

Maybe your friends are preferring sport mode? Try it and you will have lot of challenges pushing your qualifying time and during daily races :)

Well, I'm curious how they "fixed" the penalty system. Last week some moron dive bombed me from behind two corners to finish at Mt. Panorama, spin out, reset, lost 3 places and as a bonus got 10 second penalty and lost another 2 places. On top driver rating from B to C. :banghead: Is this game ever going to be finished?
apparently they made the penalty system less sensitive, let me explain. say you took a minor corner cut, and it gave you a outrageous penalty, that penalty should no longer occur.

Are you sure the update is only 139mb? I just went on my PS4 to update the game and I have ~ 4gb of space but it's saying I don't have enough to download the update . . . .
do you have a 500gb or 1tb system, and HOW MANY GAMES DO YOU HAVE!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh, no it's not. I wasn't even aware he was coming back on until after I'd been hit. All I knew was he'd gone off.

(Edit: Watched it back. Wasn't just after the apex, like I'd remembered, though I still couldn't see him.)

As I've been told, you should have been aware. It's reasonable to expect that a car, which has left the track, will likely return. Either way, not new.

As I've been told, you should have been aware. It's reasonable to expect that a car, which has left the track, will likely return. Either way, not new.
As I said before, I couldn't see him. The last I saw of him was him heading further off the track before he disappeared off the edge of my screen. I was acting on the best information I had available at the time.

Plus, you could also argue that he should have been aware of the couple of cars rapidly approaching and tried not to rejoin in front of them.

Last edited:
I wonder how long will it take to realize that the penalty system's main problems are not a question of sensitivity, but the complexity of the situation-analisys. Rotating the virtual potmeter back and forth from patch to patch is... nothing.

I wonder how long will it take to realize that the penalty system's main problems are not a question of sensitivity, but the complexity of the situation-analisys. Rotating the virtual potmeter back and forth from patch to patch is... nothing.

Exactly! :)

You all were right. Update 1.14 is a mess, killing the race.

It´s pretty much like with 1.13... or worse...

Right after 1.13 I was "SR Murdered" with a Carnage on Monza... SR C (almost B) to E... and exactly the same happened yesterday on Nurburgring... (Race A) (again same thing same SR at the beginning and at the end... once or twice I was like a pillow in the middle of two "marauders", both turning my car to small picked raw meat in between them... :(

Yesterday I was doing the Bathurst race and I braked early to make sure i didn't torpedo the guy in front. He didnt brake early but i guess i was stronger on the brakes so i barely grazed him matter or fact i dont think i even touched his car and got a 2 second penalty. Wtf??

Exactly! :)

It´s pretty much like with 1.13... or worse...

Right after 1.13 I was "SR Murdered" with a Carnage on Monza... SR C (almost B) to E... and exactly the same happened yesterday on Nurburgring... (Race A) (again same thing same SR at the beginning and at the end... once or twice I was like a pillow in the middle of two "marauders", both turning my car to small picked raw meat in between them... :(

It's worse. The penalty system is too sensitive and has wrong calculation.

They need to fix the F1500T-A I got massive understeer oversteer no grip from my setup I was using before the update I didn't have any understeer oversteer until the update happened I was doing low 1.23 on Monza before update but now can only do 1.27 1.28 with the same setup been using after the update & its affected my Gr.1 & Gr.3 cars too can't get anywhere near my lap times I was doing before the update arrived & effected it please get this fixed

This is why I have not played this game since the last update.
They need to fix the F1500T-A I got massive understeer oversteer no grip from my setup I was using before the update I didn't have any understeer oversteer until the update happened I was doing low 1.23 on Monza before update but now can only do 1.27 1.28 with the same setup been using after the update & its affected my Gr.1 & Gr.3 cars too can't get anywhere near my lap times I was doing before the update arrived & effected it please get this fixed
I really like the F1500T-A before the last update, this has also affected the Gr.1 & Gr.3 cars.
If these things still happen after each update, like making changes to cars that you tuned really good and then after an update making the car handles differently, there is no need to play this game anymore.

I had my cars perfect the way they were especially the F1500T-A I still use it but its 3 to 4 seconds off my lap times on monza interlagos dragon trail suzuka I used too do they really need get this fixed & my Gr.1 & 3 cars too & plus the last update has giving all my cars understeer oversteer which I didn't have before

I had my cars perfect the way they were especially the F1500T-A I still use it but its 3 to 4 seconds off my lap times on monza interlagos dragon trail suzuka I used too do they really need get this fixed & my Gr.1 & 3 cars too & plus the last update has giving all my cars understeer oversteer which I didn't have before
The next update next week, could you please let me know how the F1500T-A and the Gr.1, Gr.3 cars handle, because since the last update I have not played the game.

The F1500T-A is not as good turn into the corners now as before your get either understeer or oversteer with the same setup you was using before the update so if you was doing low 1.13 at Monza dragon trail your struggle get back too that times I can only do 1.17 1.18 now annoyingly & same with the Gr.1 & Gr.3 cars they messed it up badly

Back