GT Sport Update v1.14 Releases, Brings Bugfixes and Sport Mode Penalty Changes

Well, I'm curious how they "fixed" the penalty system. Last week some moron dive bombed me from behind two corners to finish at Mt. Panorama, spin out, reset, lost 3 places and as a bonus got 10 second penalty and lost another 2 places. On top driver rating from B to C. :banghead: Is this game ever going to be finished?

I'm glad that they changed a little bit the penalty system. I mean, I was at Tokyo Expressway, with the MR2 on the daily races, and I barely touched the wall, and guess what? 5 seconds of penalty! Yay! The next lap, again I barely touched the wall, and you guessed it! 5 seconds of penalty! By the way, I didn't wanted to enter a lot of races on sport mode because... Well, I was boring at the time, but surprisingly, Polyphony Digital is soo good that on all the races I entered, It didn't penalty me with a red nor orange SR. Which is pretty nice.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

^ can that be the line drawn under pre 1.14 penalty experiences {please}

And only new penalty experiences be reported now? We all know what it WAS like, but what is it like NOW?

I'm curious for < DR:B and >DR:A experience since this morning...

EDIT : oh I had to read full posts to get to the juice [ignore my line lol]

I would just like to hear a bit more from PD. What exactly have they changed? And in what direction? And will we ever get numbers?
If I look at update-posts from other developers, this just looks like it was made by the lazy kid in class :mad::lol:

And last time they posted pretty much same and in the end the system got ruined. Now, lets just hope they're on the right path again :nervous:
But we'll see soon enough...*fingers crossed*

I would just like to hear a bit more from PD. What exactly have they changed? And in what direction? And will we ever get numbers?
If I look at update-posts from other developers, this just looks like it was made by the lazy kid in class :mad::lol:

And last time they posted pretty much same and in the end the system got ruined. Now, lets just hope they're on the right path again :nervous:
You up for testing it later? :D

Not a huge update but that was expected. We got som fixes for the game. However i more intrested in the next big content update.
I want Le Mans so bad or Any other track for that matter. But i hope the add Corvette c6 zr1 and Pagani huayra soon. I would not be supriced if they bring them back as they both was premiums in gt6. And huayra being the fastest road car in that game it was just a monster

Are you sure the update is only 139mb? I just went on my PS4 to update the game and I have ~ 4gb of space but it's saying I don't have enough to download the update . . . .

To TomasToth

We are ready for you. Here is the criteria:

* Do not leave the track
* Do not make or receive contact from other cars

thank you for your interest in our products.

yours faithfully

Kaz
Genious, thanks. Where can I opt in for daily and FIA races _alone_? Because taking responsibility for others to contact me surely must be a joke.

Yeh sorry, it was a sick joke.
OK, then. My problem is that we're talking about a merchandised product. Sold for money. And intended to make fun not pain and displeasure. And this "ready" product is more like an alpha sketch, than a beta regarding track limits and penalty system.

Alpha Sketch? ahh it was called etcha sketch in my day.

The product was ready IMO, the players were not.

I hope a really good working penalty system can be implemented without needing a human steward to analyse every incident after the race.

The idea is to get everyone racing at a speed where they can control their car and make adjustments for other vehicles making moves.

Unfortunately too many people want to go as fast as the button or pedal will allow them to go and they don't care about contact.

Exactly!!! Regarding the so spoken "changes", I think that we all are under a cloth of complete Darkness,,. so.. it would be nice not only a clarification from PD... but (as I´m almost sure that such thing will never happen..), maybe it would be a good idea if we started reporting what we find different then yesterday... from today on.. .

Cool??

Are you sure the update is only 139mb? I just went on my PS4 to update the game and I have ~ 4gb of space but it's saying I don't have enough to download the update . . . .

Yeah same here. Had to make ANOTHER 4.8 Gb free by deleting another game! Who knows what its doing, but perhaps it needs all this space to unpack the update and then combine it with the existing executable. Whatever, its a real pain as I had to do similar last time - hardly any games on my PS4 now!

One solution would be to make opponents cars look a foot longer and wider than they really are, so that people not allowing enough space to avoid contact will not 'really' be making contact. However, people would soon realise and start driving to the perceived real car size.

Well, as for penalty, just tried bump drafting in blue moon speedway Nations cup and didn't get a negative drop in SR nor a time penalty for that matter.
* That was for the SR class of A.

Alpha Sketch? ahh it was called etcha sketch in my day.

The product was ready IMO, the players were not.

I hope a really good working penalty system can be implemented without needing a human steward to analyse every incident after the race.

The idea is to get everyone racing at a speed where they can control their car and make adjustments for other vehicles making moves.

Unfortunately too many people want to go as fast as the button or pedal will allow them to go and they don't care about contact.
Basically you're right and I share your point, I just can't admit that the product is ready. The shiny new feature is this FIA online race, which is nothing without the correct and fair rule system. And as "patches" coming and going, it seems that the developer hasn't got a clue how to handle the problems. And I didn't say it is easy to solve. No. It is very hard. We, the user base are causing the problems. But if it is a surprise for the developer... then the problem is deeper than it looks like. And I don't want to be unfair: we are getting some further downloadable content after the initial pay, but the reasonable part of the game is ... simply not ready. And it was not sold like "50% off, because you will be a test pilot for months."

Had a test run in the GR3 race. Seemed better - there was some bumper rubbing and some light taps with other cars but I received no penalty, nor any visual confirmation of SR down. At the end, I had blue SR and the German guy that kept shoving me off and then ploughed into the back of me at the hairpin had a time pen and an SR drop down to E. So far, so good.

On a side note, that's now four consecutive races I've had with deliberate rammers. Had three in a row last night that were carnage.

Back