GT Sport vs. Limited edition?

• Thread starter mjm23race
  • 10 comments
United States
WI
mjm23race
What is the difference? I see places selling 2 versions at different price points. Will th extra $10 get me anything worthwhile? Thanks

Are you getting physical? If so, the limited edition includes a steelbook case, some cars and money for the start, PSN avatars and livery editor decals. You decide if it's worthwhile.

The only thing i really want is the Pace Car pack, and i cant find any way of getting it in the UK without spending < £100 (which i will never do), or buying digitally (which i wont do due to HDD space). I'll most likely be going with the steelbook version as its only a few quid more than bog standard and gets a handful of good extras. I actually dont like steelbook versions though, as they look out of place on the shelf alongside normal games, so that puts me off a little.

The only thing i really want is the Pace Car pack, and i cant find any way of getting it in the UK without spending < £100 (which i will never do), or buying digitally (which i wont do due to HDD space). I'll most likely be going with the steelbook version as its only a few quid more than bog standard and gets a handful of good extras. I actually dont like steelbook versions though, as they look out of place on the shelf alongside normal games, so that puts me off a little.
PS4 games never play from the disc. The game will be fully installed on the HDD anyways.

I'm also really interested in the Pace Car pack and will preorder digitally.

There's a pace car for sale in the exchange mileage section of the demo. I assume they will all turn up in there at some point. It's also where you buy the GR. Versions of the road cars as they don't appear in the dealerships.

You won't save any space on your hard drive. The disc installs the game completely on all PS4 games. The disc then acts as a disc checker.

20% off Limited Edition through Amazon Prime makes the LE version cheaper than the Standard Edition version. I believe I paid 55 US plus free shipping. Standard version is 59 and full price on LE is 69. Amazon FTW.

I've been looking at the UK pre-order details and wondered which people would recommend over the deals on Amazon and Game.

Game have a Limited Edition for £49.99 which includes $500,000 in-game credits and the Europe Pack (3 cars)
https://www.game.co.uk/en/gt-sport-limited-edition-only-at-game-1282265

Amazon UK have the Steelbook Edition for £49.99 which includes $1,500,000 credit, 6 cars (not from the Pre-order Bonus packs)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01IEX3YXY/?tag=gtplanetuk-20

I have been in contact with Amazon who have said there is no pre-order bonus with the Steelbook edition.

Does anyone know whether any of the bonus cars will be available to purchase in-game or will they only be available through the pre-order bonus?

The number of pre-order options on this game is quite confusing...

Many thanks.

I've been looking at the UK pre-order details and wondered which people would recommend over the deals on Amazon and Game.

Game have a Limited Edition for £49.99 which includes $500,000 in-game credits and the Europe Pack (3 cars)
https://www.game.co.uk/en/gt-sport-limited-edition-only-at-game-1282265

Amazon UK have the Steelbook Edition for £49.99 which includes $1,500,000 credit, 6 cars (not from the Pre-order Bonus packs)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01IEX3YXY/?tag=gtplanetuk-20

I have been in contact with Amazon who have said there is no pre-order bonus with the Steelbook edition.

Does anyone know whether any of the bonus cars will be available to purchase in-game or will they only be available through the pre-order bonus?

The number of pre-order options on this game is quite confusing...

Many thanks.

Im almost 100% sure all cars will be purchasable in-game, the pre-order/limited edition stuff is just immediate access.

Im almost 100% sure all cars will be purchasable in-game, the pre-order/limited edition stuff is just immediate access.

Yup, I’ll join you in that belief. It’s also why I canceled my limited and just purchased the standard digital version.

C4DDB194-9BB3-493C-ACAD-A50F946F9B7D.png
Last night Amazon was selling the LE for 61 bucks! I did Pre-order for $55.

Back to full price right now.

Last edited:
20% off Limited Edition through Amazon Prime makes the LE version cheaper than the Standard Edition version. I believe I paid 55 US plus free shipping. Standard version is 59 and full price on LE is 69. Amazon FTW.

Standard version also gets 20% off so there's no way the LE could be cheaper. Even when they lowered the LE version to $59.99, the 20% discount was taken off the full price leaving the game at $56 instead of $48(like the regular version).

View attachment 680226 Last night Amazon was selling the LE for 61 bucks! I did Pre-order for $55.

Back to full price right now.

If you have amazon PRIME, the price is irrelevant as the final discounted price remains the same. When the price fell to $59.99, after the 20% discount it was still $55.99 which is what it is now with a $69.99 price. That's pretty disappointing.

Latest Posts

Back