GT Sport vs Other Games: Comparison Video Thread

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 2,529 comments
Unfortunately, this is not a Forza thread. You only compared one pic, the rest is pointless. Also triple posting is too much for us mobile users, mate.
No but this is the thread where you bring in other games to compare, although he could have posted more GTS images. I also feel that the Motorsport series would be a better comparison, rather than horizon.

Either way, 1 post or 3 post wouldn't have made a difference to mobile users.

GTS
awywlw.png

Forza 6
olpqhw.PNG

GTS
tritko.png

Forza 6
znevrl.PNG

He didn't compared the other pic though, he just dumped it here. Not sure bout the other but my phone is lagging because of too much image at the same time.
Regardless of the fact, the point still stands. This thread is for other games as well, but yes, I agree, it could have been put together properly.

Even if he made 1 post, it will still be the same amount of pictures. This is a comparison thread so you'd expect to see a high amount of videos/photos.

He didn't compared the other pic though, he just dumped it here. Not sure bout the other but my phone is lagging because of too much image at the same time.
I have to agree. It would make more sense if each image were to be compared to others in similar scenarios. The last post Vspectra made was a good example.

A little comparison...Notice the GT6 footage was shared from another channel, I don't own hardware to record PS3.

If there's an issue read the description. ;)

No, I'm entitled to prefer whatever I want.

It's all about OPINIONS, and it looks like I'm the only one here who wrote things like "to me", "I prefer" etc.

Reading your comments it's like you're the one who detains the truth.

Get a grip. I offended nobody.

Sadly for you, I have opinions. Good and bad about the same title.

By the way I'm glad there's an ignore button. I won't have to read the comments of you two again.

Stefano? Is that you?

A little comparison...Notice the GT6 footage was shared from another channel, I don't own hardware to record PS3.

If there's an issue read the description. ;)

Is that GT3 soundtrack at the end? (the "Finish" sound effect)

I genuinely think it's the superior lighting model. That improves the whole look of absolutely everything in game. PD have nailed their lighting model and no other dev seems to be able to get close.

Could very well be that. DC has pretty great lighting but it kinda falls a bit short during daytime whilst GTS doesn't.

Could very well be that. DC has pretty great lighting but it kinda falls a bit short during daytime whilst GTS doesn't.
GTS's lighting is almost magic. PD have been fantastic at it for a while now but with GTS they have got something that is so realistic. It just makes everything else believable.

Looking at the two pics above, DC looks really good but you can still tell it's a game. The GTS shot is uber realistic and IMO that is largely down to the lighting. They really should be applauded for it.

GTS's lighting is almost magic. PD have been fantastic at it for a while now but with GTS they have got something that is so realistic. It just makes everything else believable.

Looking at the two pics above, DC looks really good but you can still tell it's a game. The GTS shot is uber realistic and IMO that is largely down to the lighting. They really should be applauded for it.

Yet Johnny Youtube commenter will say it looks like a PS2 game.

Yet Johnny Youtube commenter will say it looks like a PS2 game.
It's people like "Johnny" that really gets you thinking about the intelligence in the YouTube comment section. The very obviously looks amazing but these mates still insist that it looks like a PS3 game. I always wonder if they look at anu of the screenshots.

Not a bad showing for a game 4YEARS old now, It still sounds better than the GT:sport beta as does every other racing game that's not in the GT franchise of the past decade.
It's more like a 2 and 3 quarter year old game because it came out in October 2014.

OdeFinn
Just trying to get video feeds from game where that sound was, all I found wasn't sounding like that your post sound clip was sounding.
Dig bit more on that title, and still didn't find that quality of sound on any YouTube recordings of gameplay, semi-good sounds yes, on latest updates of game, game is developed from 2011 to current days (rewrite code on 2012 for 2013 release which is current breed, lot of updates after it and release to steam). They didn't nail sounds on beginning and it's hard to find any matching footage to your audio clip even on recent videos.
Game itself is rFactor "copy" running on ISI-motor leased from rFactor, implemented several rFactor plugins (i.e. Real feel FFB) and packed to own game, nothing wrong there, simbin and few others are relying on ISI-motor too with good results.

But travel from 2011 to here, with way older game engine (from 2005 or earlier) has some benefits on pocket, nothing is new, just lot of tweaking to make it run, so kinda good comparison point to GT-series, over decade of development and it's starting to sound good. :)
I can find tons of videos with great quality sound with the click of a button. This trounces anything in GTS by a country mile IMO. Playing these sounds, at home, in a good surround system like I have, is incredibly immersive:
The AI in this game is fantastic as well, as you can see from the video. Not bad for a shoestring budget.

I can find tons of videos with great quality sound with the click of a button. This trounces anything in GTS by a country mile IMO. Playing these sounds, at home, in a good surround system like I have, is incredibly immersive:
The AI in this game is fantastic as well, as you can see from the video. Not bad for a shoestring budget.

Not a leap over normal rFactor, but nice packet on sound samples.

Not a leap over normal rFactor, but nice packet on sound samples.
There are many games with good sounds but I'm not comparing it to rFactor I'm comparing it to reality, which is the standard, and GTS.

There are many games with good sounds but I'm not comparing it to rFactor I'm comparing it to reality, which is the standard, and GTS.
Yep, but rFactor ISI-motor based sounds are limited to sample bending/looping, those are having good samples, and should be for such long developed period on same sample engine. I'm having high hopes from PD's sound simulating engine, which is not based on samples, but uses them along synthesized sounds, @Griffith500 may have better wording for this, if my is unclear. :)

Back