GT Sport vs Other Games: Comparison Video Thread

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 2,529 comments
Jesus H. Christ. I drive a dump truck & it doesn't make as much racket as that Race Room audio. LOL
images

That 60fps + motion blur though :drool::drool::drool: Now thats sense of speed ! wow...

Ha

Thats nothing. Since installing my GTX1080, it now runs at 80fps minimum!

Anyway.. Back on topic.

Jesus H. Christ. I drive a dump truck & it doesn't make as much racket as that Race Room audio. LOL
images

You probably wouldnt like being in a real race car then lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
Posted by EmArA

" Anyways, the great news is that GTR3 (hopefully people know about it) will be coming to consoles and that is something to look forward to.
With RaceRoom sounds, PCars graphics and Simbin attention to detail, GTR3 could well turn out to be the racing game we've all been waiting for "

Wow .... great news here, we will have another great car racing game coming soon.

Don't want to get off topic but i'm
fortunate to own RaceRoom and to be honest the sound is a real benchmark that can't be matched by so many racing games. Would probably guess it is so because it is the home of motorsport series like DTM, ADAC GT Masters, and the WTCC.
And as you said you hear all details. Here is another example. It is by no mean a comparison but it is good to know how things sound in other racing games. GT Sport will definitely get better and better till it is released and that's for sure.

This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Josh Steele (@SVX) on May 2nd, 2017 in the Gran Turismo Sport category.

Real on-board Walkenhorst M6 GT3 at the 'Ring for reference.

Honestly, cockpit sound in GTS....

104k49.jpg

Actually the engine noises in RR are surprisingly silent in many cars - closer to GTS levels than PCARS i think. But all other racket one can hear in RR is on another level.

Listening that real life Walkenhorst M6 gives one some idea where GTS whining sounds come from. Kaz has been listening that first hand for hours..:lol:

Actually the engine noises in RR are surprisingly silent in many cars - closer to GTS levels than PCARS i think. But all other racket one can hear in RR is on another level.

Listening that real life Walkenhorst M6 gives one some idea where GTS whining sounds come from. Kaz has been listening that first hand for hours..:lol:
Kaz should drive more cars then, at least enough to realize the transmissions don't all sound the same and aren't monotonous in nature.

And what is the problem with cockpit view? I even use it against opponents online.
It's fixed. The FOV is far from reality for the vast majority of our home setups. Visibility is limited because it's not adjustable. It's fixed. There is no camera or cockpit shake making it appear unnaturally sterile. It's dark. It's fixed.

It's fixed. The FOV is far from reality for the vast majority of our home setups. Visibility is limited because it's not adjustable. It's fixed. There is no camera or cockpit shake making it appear unnaturally sterile. It's dark. It's fixed.
Way too dark and driving in the back seat (FOV is way off for me) to name a few.

GT6 had adjustable field of view. Pretty sure this will have too, on the final game (1.05 brought some new settings, maybe they will add a few more later).
Cockpit movement should be used very carefully. A little too much and it would become unplayable in cockpit view. Too much movement is unnatural too, since the human body always stabilises one's head when focused on one point. Vibration should always be related to the suspenssion stiffness.
Cockpit darkness is an issue that should be reported to PD, so they could tone it down during daytime driving.

GT6 had adjustable field of view. Pretty sure this will have too, on the final game (1.05 brought some new settings, maybe they will add a few more later).
Cockpit movement should be used very carefully. A little too much and it would become unplayable in cockpit view. Too much movement is unnatural too, since the human body always stabilises one's head when focused on one point. Vibration should always be related to the suspenssion stiffness.
Cockpit darkness is an issue that should be reported to PD, so they could tone it down during daytime driving.
Adjustable FOV is just the bare bones. The ability to move your seat up/down, backwards/forwards, left/right etc. should be standard features in any modern racing game, especially the genre leader. Head/camera movement should be adjustable as well, alleviating all concerns about being used carefully.

Will this not overexpose the rest of track and everything else?
Yeah.
Personally I like the dark cockpit, otherwise it would be too bright and it would look as fake as in all other titles (FM, AC, PCars etc...)

When I sit in my car, you know in real life, the interior does not look that dark. Or is that fake like in FM, AC, PCars etc...?
Lol why so hostile, repeating word by word what I wrote? Did I offend your games? I play all of them by the way.

I don't know what kind of tv you have, but I have no problem with the darkness of the cockpit. Do you wanna argue on my personal preferences?

In the gaming world it's hard to simulate real brightness in sunny conditions.
It's different when it's cloudy or at night. GT and Driveclub look realistic.

Last edited:
Lol why so hostile? Did I offend your games? I play all of them by the way.

I don't know what kind of tv you have, but I have no problem with the darkness of the cockpit. Wanna argue on my personal preferences?

That's the response you get when you infer that a game cockpit that you can easily see is fake, when you can easily see the cockpit of any real car in just about any condition that involves external light and certainly any condition that involves indirect sunlight. In truth the GT cockpit is the one that looks the most "fake" because it's the farthest from reality in terms of lighting.

That's the response you get when you infer that a cockpit that you can easily see is fake, when you can easily see the cockpit of any real car in just about any condition that involves external light and certainly any condition that involves indirect sunlight.
Yeah well, to me it looks fake. For example the rollcage that has a single shade, no matter where the light comes from.

And it's not like how you see things sitting in your real car.

In truth the GT cockpit is the one that looks the most "fake" because it's the farthest from reality in terms of lighting.
Not to me.

Move on.

Yeah well, to me it looks fake. For example the rollcage that has a single shade, no matter where the light comes from.

Not to me.

Move on.

It's not that deep

Lol why so hostile, repeating word by word what I wrote? Did I offend your games? I play all of them by the way.

I don't know what kind of tv you have, but I have no problem with the darkness of the cockpit. Do you wanna argue on my personal preferences?

lol, why so thin skinned? You called the other games fake. I was just pointing out real life must be fake also.

I have an LG OLED55B6V http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-OLED55B6V

You weren't talking about your personal preference. You were saying that the others were fake. You were talking about something objective not subjective. Your free to say you prefer GT. We are talking about which is more realistic. Your subjective opinion of which you prefer doesn't come into that.

Last edited:
lol, why so thin skinned? You called the other games fake. I was just pointing out real life must be fake also.

I have an LG OLED55B6V http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-OLED55B6V

You weren't talking about your personal preference. You were saying that the others were fake. You were talking about something objective not subjective. Your free to say you prefer GT. We are talking about which is more realistic. Your subjective opinion of which you prefer doesn't come into that.
Well this is taking it to a new level.

Who knew that someone starting a single sentence with the word "personally" wasn't talking about their own personal preference?

Perhaps you have been happier if he said "Personally I like the dark cockpit, otherwise personally it would be too bright and personally it would look as fake as in all other titles (FM, AC, PCars etc...)".

Honestly.

Not to me.

Move on.
The problem with the other games would be down to their lighting and shaders. But the fact that you can actually see in their cockpits and they are useful, is much more realistic, objectively, than GT Sport. However, you are entitled to prefer unrealistically dark cockpits.

Well this is taking it to a new level.

Who knew that someone starting a single sentence with the word "personally" wasn't talking about their own personal preference?

Perhaps you have been happier if he said "Personally I like the dark cockpit, otherwise personally it would be too bright and personally it would look as fake as in all other titles (FM, AC, PCars etc...)".

Honestly.
No, I would just prefer it if people wouldn't trot out a load of rubbish to defend GT when others bring up their legitimate concerns.

And adding 'personally' in those two positions completely changes that sentence. Calling something fake is comparing it to reality. Reality is not subjective it's objective.

But hey, you keep on defending, do you do legal aid?

Read the full thread to get the context. Vibes blamed people not changing their exposure in game correctly. When someone pointed out this would overexpose the rest Vibes changed their tune to that everything else was fake. Then it was possibly my TV at fault. Vibes should have just said, 'I prefer it this way.' Rather than trying to prove it was right and other things were at fault.

Last edited:
No, I would just prefer it if people wouldn't trot out a load of rubbish to defend GT when others bring up their legitimate concerns.

And adding 'personally' in those two positions completely changes that sentence. Calling something fake is comparing it to reality. Reality is not subjective it's objective.

But hey, you keep on defending, do you do legal aid?
What are you doing?
Why are you being so unnecessarily combative?

It's not a good look.

I've never understood why GT's cockpits are so dark considering how much detail they give them. It just feels like wasted resources. The inability to move "your" head only furthers my confusion.

In GT6, I ran default display exposure on my old Sammy, and I drive in cockpit view 90+% of the time. I have been driving without HUD since I got my plasma, and after it's calibrated, I gradually reduced exposure from 0.00 to-0.3 then -0.6 and I can still see all the shadow details in cockpit and clear road as well ( this is on low contrast level, not movie level, which would be higher ) Maybe HDR effect in GTS is causing darker cockpit ?

In GT6, I ran default display exposure on my old Sammy, and I drive in cockpit view 90+% of the time. I have been driving without HUD since I got my plasma, and after it's calibrated, I gradually reduced exposure from 0.00 to-0.3 then -0.6 and I can still see all the shadow details in cockpit and clear road as well ( this is on low contrast level, not movie level, which would be higher ) Maybe HDR effect in GTS is causing darker cockpit ?
Don't think so as it's exactly the same on my 40" LCD 1080P Sony. I think it's because PD treat the viewer as a camera. Most cameras would struggle to get the exposure of the cockpit and the outside world correct. The human eye is much better than that and hence why in reality things don't look anywhere near as dark as they do in GTS.

Back