GT Sport vs Other Games: Comparison Video Thread

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 2,529 comments
Don't think so as it's exactly the same on my 40" LCD 1080P Sony. I think it's because PD treat the viewer as a camera. Most cameras would struggle to get the exposure of the cockpit and the outside world correct. The human eye is much better than that and hence why in reality things don't look anywhere near as dark as they do in GTS.

The cockpit view in GT6 is dynamically illuminated, changing the view angle ( interior ) also changes brightness due to the different camera position depending on the car interior ( windshield shape, roof, pillars etc ) which varies the amount of light going inside. I think PD should just provide slider for interior illumination ( in addition to the global exposure we have now ).

The problem with the other games would be down to their lighting and shaders. But the fact that you can actually see in their cockpits and they are useful, is much more realistic, objectively, than GT Sport. However, you are entitled to prefer unrealistically dark cockpits.
No, I'm entitled to prefer whatever I want.

It's all about OPINIONS, and it looks like I'm the only one here who wrote things like "to me", "I prefer" etc.

Reading your comments it's like you're the one who detains the truth.

Get a grip. I offended nobody.

No, I would just prefer it if people wouldn't trot out a load of rubbish to defend GT when others bring up their legitimate concerns.

And adding 'personally' in those two positions completely changes that sentence. Calling something fake is comparing it to reality. Reality is not subjective it's objective.

But hey, you keep on defending, do you do legal aid?

Read the full thread to get the context. Vibes blamed people not changing their exposure in game correctly. When someone pointed out this would overexpose the rest Vibes changed their tune to that everything else was fake. Then it was possibly my TV at fault. Vibes should have just said, 'I prefer it this way.' Rather than trying to prove it was right and other things were at fault.
Why don't you reply to me directly? Didn't I write "I prefer", "to me" etc?? Go read my comments again. Defending PD? I'm always criticising them.

Sadly for you, I have opinions. Good and bad about the same title.

By the way I'm glad there's an ignore button. I won't have to read the comments of you two again.

Last edited:
Actually the exposure option they gave us works great!! I use it at .66 and it actually made the cockpits a lot brighter, but in the other views its not crazy bright. That option really shows how dark GTS is overall. Cockpit look good now.

It's all about OPINIONS, and it looks like I'm the only one here who wrote things like "to me", "I prefer" etc.

Get a grip. I offended nobody.

Why don't you reply to me directly? Didn't I write "I prefer", "to me" etc?? Go read my comments again. Defending PD? I'm always criticising them.

Sadly for you, I have opinions. Good and bad about the same title.

By the way I'm glad there's an ignore button. I won't have to read the comments of you two again.
Not much point in asking me questions if you are ignoring me.

Anything more than 0.3 ( higher value ) would look bad on in GT6 ( at least on my tv ), look at the "GIANT" sun at Big Willow :lol: Exposure at -0.6 gives better sun :P :lol:
Yea I feel you the .66 is only 2 clicks from the default. You honestly can really brighten the cockpit where everything is bright and clear it goes to 3.00 but it looks fake to me and when you switch views it feels as if you are in heaven.

You didn't even read what I wrote did you?:lol:. You are entitled to prefer any cockpit that you like, even the unrealistically dark ones. But yes, there is an objective truth here, and that is, the cockpits in GTS are unrealistically dark.

I've always found GT cockpits to be annoyingly dark, GTS seams like worse in that regard and possibly deliberate. If this is still the case with HDR on, i wont even know what to say.

Also prefering dark cockpits does not make it more realistic than games that have it closer to reality. Incredible that the ones challenging this are being called out for being combative. If you're going to make wild claims that simply doesn't relate to peoples real life experience then expect those claims to be challenged. Some people prefer Mario Kart over sims, that doesn't make Mario Kart more realistic than GT. One can prefer whatever they like.

I've never thought the cockpits were overly dark (in GT6 or GTS) - there are points where they do look dark, but only in relation to sun and time of day. The light cascades in and out of the cockpit. One of my favorite parts of racing in Bathurst in GT6 was how the light flows in/out of cockpit - certain parts of the race the cockpit was realistically dark, and in certain parts the cockpit was fully lit. I really hope they wouldn't change that.

Especially enjoyed night-racing when going past various street lights in SSR5 and SSR7 - Spot on to reality.

Last edited:
I've never thought the cockpits were overly dark (in GT6 or GTS) - there are points where they do look dark, but only in relation to sun and time of day. The light cascades in and out of the cockpit. One of my favorite parts of racing in Bathurst in GT6 was how the light flows in/out of cockpit - certain parts of the race the cockpit were realistically dark, and in certain parts the cockpit was fully lit. I really hope they wouldn't change that.

Especially enjoyed night-racing when going past various street lights in SSR5 and SSR7 - Spot on to reality.
The only time cockpits are realistically dark in real life, is at night with no lights on. I can drive towards a low setting or rising sun, with sunglasses on, and still easily see the dash and all the instruments. In simple shadows with overhead sunlight, the cockpit is nowhere near as dark as it is in GT.

Last edited:
I've never thought the cockpits were overly dark (in GT6 or GTS) - there are points where they do look dark, but only in relation to sun and time of day. The light cascades in and out of the cockpit. One of my favorite parts of racing in Bathurst in GT6 was how the light flows in/out of cockpit - certain parts of the race the cockpit was realistically dark, and in certain parts the cockpit was fully lit. I really hope they wouldn't change that.

I feel what your saying, but I thinj they are still a little to dark. They gave us a option to control the brightness though, it's pretty good in my opinion and you don't need to adjust it to high. I use .66 and the interior view look a lot better.

The only time cockpits are realistically dark in real life, is at night with no lights on. I can drive towards a low setting or rising sun, with sunglasses on, and still easily see the dash and all the instruments.

The cockpits in GTS are never fully blacked out. Realistically, details are lost when going through very dark sections of tracks, especially in the purpose built racers. In GTS the decline in details is more exaggerated in the GT3 cars than in the standard production cars, which I think is the way it should be.

I feel what your saying, but I thinj they are still a little to dark. They gave us a option to control the brightness though, it's pretty good in my opinion and you don't need to adjust it to high. I use .66 and the interior view look a lot better.

I feel you - in some cars in GT6 I would adjust up/down, but never felt I wasn't pleased with the result. Its funny because if you go to YouTube, you'll see videos where its dark to the likes of GTS, and in some, you'll see it more resembles RR :-/

The cockpits in GTS are never fully blacked out. Realistically, details are lost when going through very dark sections of tracks, especially in the purpose built racers. In GTS the decline in details is more exaggerated in the GT3 cars than in the standard production cars, which I think is the way it should be.
We must be watching different games. I've seen many videos where the cockpit is almost completely black.

Here's a cinematic (non in-car) replay comparison between PCars and GTS in no particular order, if replays are interesting to you. Nothing fancy, just edited for length.

Both 2 laps at Brands Hatch GP, cloudy skies, morning time of day, GT3 class, 20 cars with mid pack grid start. 50% and intermediate difficulty respectively.

For the whole video from gts it felt like its rolling start and they havent started the race because it looks like the cars are moving slowly and the sounds also felt like they are going very slow

We must be watching different games. I've seen many videos where the cockpit is almost completely black.

For me, this is the benchmark:

If PD can deliver on this trailer/gameplay, I will be pleased 100%. There have been videos posted comparing the GT3 RS to other games (and real life footage) and I go with PD on interiors/sounds/replays/etc. if they match this Porsche gameplay. Certain details are lost in the cockpit during dark sections of track, while others remain, but it looks very convincing/realistic to me.

My only fear is that this Porsche trailer is synonymous with previous GT games - i.e. make trailers non representative of gameplay. But this Porsche trailer seems to be actual gameplay, so that's where my hope lies. I wish the writer of the M6 article would have used this Porsche gameplay as GTS "at its best" but with GT's past reputation for "trailers" I understand using gameplay from the beta as a comparison. I'm just hoping that the Porsche gameplay is in fact the current build of Gran Turismo Sport.

Just saying - the Porsche footage is top shelf for me, on all fronts.

Last edited:
For me, this is the benchmark:

If PD can deliver on this trailer/gameplay, I will be pleased 100%. There have been videos posted comparing the GT3 RS to other games (and real life footage) and I go with PD on interiors/sounds/replays/etc. if they match this Porsche gameplay. Certain details are lost in the cockpit during dark sections of track, while others remain, but it looks very convincing/realistic to me.

My only fear is that this Porsche trailer is synonymous with previous GT games - i.e. make trailers non representative of gameplay. But this Porsche trailer seems to be actual gameplay, so that's where my hope lies. I wish the writer of the M6 article would have used this Porsche gameplay as GTS "at its best" but with GT's past reputation for "trailers" I understand using gameplay from the beta as a comparison. I'm just hoping that the Porsche gameplay is in fact the current build of Gran Turismo Sport.

Just saying - the Porsche footage is top shelf for me, on all fronts.

What's disturbing is we received the new HUD via an update which looks like it's from the Porsche trailer build and yet we haven't received the graphics from the trailer. I'd like to believe that it is a direct footage from a PS4 and but seriously... it looks way too good and way better than any other racing game in its genre.

What's disturbing is we received the new HUD via an update which looks like it's from the Porsche trailer build and yet we haven't received the graphics from the trailer. I'd like to believe that it is a direct footage from a PS4 and but seriously... it looks way too good and way better than any other racing game in its genre.

Yeah... fingers crossed! If they can deliver on the Porsche trailer experience, PD can consider GTS a job-done. I mean, I'm already impressed with the beta footage, but the trailer seems as though they REALLY have the graphics and sound engine figured out.

GTS VS FM6

Mh9q6v.png

f6JooU.png

real
0ajTKP.png

9sEGv8.png

BgNRnX.png

A2xabW.png

La2hCh.png

2qUojI.png

bgaGn1.png

Last edited:
^^^ A better comparison would be using the exact same, or close to it, time of day. Showing one section in bright, overhead sunlight and comparing to a shot in another game when it's in dark shadow or with a setting sun, isn't much good for comparison.

^^^ A better comparison would be using the exact same, or close to it, time of day. Showing one section in bright, overhead sunlight and comparing to a shot in another game when it's in dark shadow or with a setting sun, isn't much good for comparison.
Sadly at the moment you only get those time of day settings in GT sport which I find quite annoying and hope they add more variations as the beta progresses.

Unfortunately, this is not a Forza thread. You only compared one pic, the rest is pointless. Also triple posting is too much for us mobile users, mate.

Back