GT Sport's Daily Races Actually Are Daily Now

The best way imo, would be to have just one new race every day which lasts for seven days. Next day, a new one and so on till the whole week is covered.

Seven different races which every single one lasts for seven days. Enough time for everyone to enjoy it and mastered it. Also, every day we get a new race for those who wants a new challenge on daily basis. Short races, longer races, endurance races,... all types of races can be covered.

Also, it would be great to have a choice to play each race with or wihout fixed setup (separate top10 lists and separate matchmaking of course)

I actually like a one week duration as it gives us time to hone in on our setups. With that said, I couldn’t be more disappointed and frustrated with the dr/sr system. I get hit so often, even when driving in a straight line, and end up with a lower sr when contact is made. Mind you, I’m not initiating contact, nor am I taking actions that should result in said contact, it is coming purely from the irresponsible actions of others. I’m completely turned off by the racing at this point as a result, I should be finished with campaign mode with all gold any day, and that’s about the extent that my $90 got me. Very, very disappointed. Despite being devoted to GT since the first installment, this may be my last Polyphony Digital purchase.

So glad they did this. I hate to say it but fast is fast. I struggle with setups in this game tremendously still and this only accelerates the learning curve. Or negates it entirely, not sure yet. Either way good on them for going this route.

I like the daily races. It seems like tuning is prohibited too. I think that's a good idea if it's one day. I would actually prefer to have it on 3 days for each race with them on a rotation.

I did one race only today (N300). I'm DR A and SR S and went there with a top7 best lap at the time. I didn't want to race because from my experience, the best races are always with Gr.3 cars. But since the Gr.3 race is ridiculous, and the Gr.4 is basically the Nations Cup qualifying, I went and tried out the N300.

Started 3rd behind the top1 and top 5. Behind me was the top10. I thought it would be a nice race... but I was so wrong. On the first lap, the guy behind didn't brake for a slow corner. I was bumped and got a 10 sec. penalty on top. Never cached the first 2 guys obviously. For the remaining 2 laps, I got hit twice by another guy and I was pretty pissed. I was trying by best to race clean but it was hard. I ended up forcing this guy off track by widening my inside line to the outside curb - he was on the outside. On the second to last corner, the right hander where you have to break from 5th to 2n or 3rd, the guy who started behind me didn't brake again but luckily he ghosted out and didn't hit me. I finished 3rd and got a red S in the end. My DR still got bumped, literally, by a pixel (progress bar).

I'm racing less and less if PD keeps this dumb idea of changing combos everyday. I do care about my DR and a bad race can wipe out progress made during hours and hours of clean racing. With new tracks everyday and people who don't give a damn about others on track and who do not practice their braking points and lines, I will put GT on the shelve pretty quickly.

I ended up lapping around BB with the Gr.3 to get a decent time despite the fact that I will not enter a race there. Not in a million years. Got the top3. But even that is pretty meaningless since there is not a backlog tracking best times from previous sport mode combos. Tomorrow new tracks will come and everything will just be deleted again as it had never existed.

I agree... It takes time to learn braking points in a new car on a new track. Even really fast guys are pretty inconsistent when it comes to a multi-lap race. I raced with drivers about as fast as me but they seemed to change their braking points non stop. I kept being surprised by unusually early braking and ended up touching the car in front once or twice.

I wish they’d give us more than a day to truly master each car/track combo.

I’m sad they axed the Suzuka race! It was much more fun than BB Raceway wreckfests
I totally agree. I have yet to finish a race on BB where I wasn't blasted or spun by another player. I was spun out today, but the guy did not recieve a penalty. But I take too much curb and i get 3.5 seconds.

For a game that appears to emphasis “Good Sportsmanship” the actions taken by PD don’t seem to deliver an environment that produces that.

Perhaps they were naive and thought if they make people watch 2 videos than people will do the right thing...

I really enjoyed it the way it was. Just me?? Who has time to play every day anyway! I loved having a few cracks at the same race over the duration of the week. Steadily getting quicker and catching up to the big leagues. Especially since most of the tracks are still unknown to me. As well as not being able to play every day, how many hours are people putting in on each session? I'm lucky to get an hour or two. That's only long enough to try each race once!

There is a flip side. These events opening up in a few days and weeks are intended to run for longer so if that's your bag, which for me at least it is, you are catered for. And then there will be dailies alongside them. Win win :)

Another issue with dailies is the match-making. More races run by everyone seems to give better match-making.
Also, by the last day of the previous bunch, some names had become very familiar, and I've added a couple people to my friends list.

Lastly, at what time are the races changed (include timezone please)?

I don't like this. Doesn't give enough time for people to really learn the tracks. 7 days was perfect I thought. Gonna be a mess... At least with the 7 days, people were forced to learn the track over and over. Now they are going to be thrown into whatever track that is the flavor of the day.

I would like to see - Tracks stay for 3 days, but are staggered in their release, so that we get -

One new track per day.
Once a track has been out for three days it's removed to make way for the new one.

...I think that would be the best of both worlds.

I found that Suzuka East got dull after 3-4 days as everyone knew the course and very few mistakes were being made. I think this was partly due to GTS' superb matchmaking. I found myself racing against 21 drivers almost perfectly matched. I ran race after race without any position changes throughout the field. It got a bit boring.

Good news. I will really like to drive on longer events and I'm glad to hear we get more opportunities for racing experience.

Didn't GT6 feature a stream of events/daily races (can't remember what they were called), with new events having been added regularly while old ones were being phased out one after the other?
Perhaps my memory is failing me, it's been a few years since I played that game the last time.

Didn't GT6 feature a stream of events/daily races (can't remember what they were called), with new events having been added regularly while old ones were being phased out one after the other?
Perhaps my memory is failing me, it's been a few years since I played that game the last time.
There are Quick Matches that change monthly. They are formatted somewhat similar to Daily Races having short races, some of which use garage cars, and some are one make.

Yay, the daily races are daily! Doing the same thing repetitively everyday for a week is kinda boring. I like variety, and having different challenges each day! It's great news for someone who only plays on weekends. I wonder what stupid shenanigans will go down.

After the daily change I feel like every race is a mess - people don't know where to brake simply because they do not have enough time to practice the race - that's why I think a balance should be found - maybe one track should be daily, the others should stay 3-4 days at least. Otherwise I'm thinking of just practicing for the cups because it is just frustrating when so many people don't know the tracks. I'm currently having more free time and can spare between 3-5 hours daily after work playing but I can't imagine what would be if I have an hour or so - I won't be able to be competitive at all.

After the daily change I feel like every race is a mess - people don't know where to brake simply because they do not have enough time to practice the race - that's why I think a balance should be found - maybe one track should be daily, the others should stay 3-4 days at least. Otherwise I'm thinking of just practicing for the cups because it is just frustrating when so many people don't know the tracks. I'm currently having more free time and can spare between 3-5 hours daily after work playing but I can't imagine what would be if I have an hour or so - I won't be able to be competitive at all.

Isn't the ability to quickly adapt and learn a new race track part of being a good racing driver as well? If it's indeed messy for some to learn a new track while others have no issue with it, I think these people shouldn't be in the same race (AKA DR) to begin with.

Isn't the ability to quickly adapt and learn a new race track part of being a good racing driver as well? If it's indeed messy for some to learn a new track while others have no issue with it, I think these people shouldn't be in the same race (AKA DR) to begin with.

To some extent - yes. But I think the current scenario is the following:

Player A - spends 3-4 hours qualifying and trying to get to know the track - the time should be enough to know well the turns and breaking points
Player B - doesn't have that time and decides he won't be bothering with mastering the track and qualifying (let's say that the person can play only an hour a day and he wants to experience the Sport mode)

Let's assume that player A and B are at the same DR/SR so they get matched together - needless to say that after first corner and everything will be a mess - penalties, negative SR. So yes, eventually after a few races player B will not be at the same rank as player A but the small time period causes lots of frustration for player A - that's my point.

It's not necessary to be being mad about this. They can still change it to a 3days rotation or else. They need to test it to know how it perform.
They will see if the race are better or not, but from here, the majority and myself don't like the idea.

Yay, the daily races are daily! Doing the same thing repetitively everyday for a week is kinda boring. I like variety, and having different challenges each day! It's great news for someone who only plays on weekends. I wonder what stupid shenanigans will go down.

So you only play on weekends and are glad the combos chance everyday? That makes sense. Not.

If you only play on weekends, everything could stay as it was if races would change once a week, from Saturday to Sunday.

Last edited:
I didn't manage to play last night but the feedback so far doesn't seem great. The top 10 is meaningless now because you don't get a sense of racing against proven fast drivers and trying to chase a top lap time. I really do hope that they can compromise and have both daily changes and longer lasting races. At the moment I'm not really sure why it has to be one or the other, but there must be a reason otherwise PD could trial daily races alongside the weeklys we've had so far?

I like to see something new every day. However, a daily change of all three races might be a bit too much. There are many solutions for this problem, they could change just one race per day or add a fourth and fifth event so not all races have to change every day.

In any case, the online experience i had yesterday was a bit messy. This game can be incredible fun and sometimes it's just frustrating. And yesterday was such an frustrating experience. Even if you're doing a great qualifying time, you might get matched with people who are even faster. At the end of the day, you will have to start at the end of the grid anyway and getting involved with some messy crash kids. The fact that there are at least two oval tracks people don't like and don't want to compete in is also a bummer. I wonder what Polyphony was thinking.

Right now i'm having more fun in PC2 single player. But i will return to GTS from time to time and see what daily races might come in. I' sure GT3 events at Nordschleife, Suzuka, Laggo, Dragon Trail and NGP will be great fun.

Back