GT Sport's Decal Uploader Won't be Available at Launch

So you're just planning on buying GT sport for the decal tool? It's a racing game, not a dress-up tool :)
No, I'm not considering on buying GT Sport solely for the decal uploading feature. It is however one of the few features that is actually an addition (over previous available features in the series) and I don't see why I shouldn't be disappointed if an advertised feature gets delayed indefinitely from the day 1 version with less than 24hours from its official release.

Shock horror, PD launches a game without features they said would be there..

Remember the GT6 track editor..

From an objective standpoint, Forza 7 still doesn’t have its auction house, leagues, and Forzathon features active yet so I really can’t fault PD for doing this.

Yes, but Forza is also released as a game per year or so, not every 4...

Last edited:
Maybe it’s PD’s way of giving a big FU to all the gt modders out there.

I thought they changed, i really did.

No, I'm not considering on buying GT Sport solely for the decal uploading feature. It is however one of the few features that is actually an addition (over previous available features in the series) and I don't see why I shouldn't be disappointed if an advertised feature gets delayed indefinitely from the day 1 version with less than 24hours from its official release.
Did you buy GT6 on launch day?

Is Stupid things like this That gave & Pretty much still giving PD thair negative rep.

Interesting point. You´re right. But the past has shown that PD acts sometimes strange in point of promise in-game-features....

In GT6 they focused on such stuff like paintable brake calipers - instead of fixing the problem with the camfer settings..... Thats my personal reason to blame them before i have seen the actual GT Sport.... They have done massive errors in the past.
There was hope in me that PD is able to learn from such mistakes. And "boom" - hope is gone.

And now tell me what things are stupid ?!?! ;-)

Hmmm... I have a strange feeling about that....
First talk about how great the features are and then - on release day: We are so sorry......

Come on folks. It´s really hard to hear this stuff over and over again. If all of you would work like this... What would your boss say ?!?!

The gaming industry should think about this. The user is the one who pay the Studios. Not the other way round. If they have problems they shoud communicate that.

And not hold back the info till the last second and then the „big sorry, because“….. Arghhh.
I´m afraid that we will this features not before christmas. Hope i´m wrong.... ;-)

But i think a will buy it on day one...... ;-9

I respect PD, but I agree with you, thorfynn, 100%. Second egregious example of this in the last month (Forza with the "VIP Surprise" at launch).

I was pleasantly suprised and really enjoyed the beta and the demo. The promise of social features and uploading of decals, the accsess of the livery editor and inproved car sounds (to a certain extent), the fact (especially in the beta) they quickly added and tweaked features, really made me happy that it seemed that PD had finally started to listen to it's fanbase and turned a new leaf. It has to be one of the richest (content wise) demos I have ever played. Almost like a love letter and apology from PD for the previous failings and long wait for a new GT. The only thing holding me back from preordering was the lack of cars and tracks. This news just brings PD back down a few pegs and makes it look like they haven't changed enough with the times. Guess I will hold off on my purchase even longer now. Thanks PD. I will make a bold claim: IF by the very least the start of next year we do not hear anything about these features and there inclusion in the game, they are not going to arrive at all, or in the manner that they first promised. Same goes for the supposedly "up to 500 cars added". If I don't see car packs being announced then we aren't going to be getting anything near that was promised - a figure I found hard to believe anyway, as I believe it is a number just cooked up in Kaz's head to impress people with. I can let that slide by I do expect a steady stream of dlc cars to arrive at the very least. Turn 10, SMS and Evolution Studios have shown the right way to do it.

The beta and demo have shown PD have a strong base to build on. This is now make or break with GT Sport as far as PD is concerned. I hope they do not go back to their old ways. I want to proven wrong. Why wouldn't I? Then I would be getting the GT I believe PD CAN produce. Nothing is more frustrating then wasted potential - in this case the developer and the game. Please prove me wrong PD. It is to all our benefits.:guilty:

Last edited:
I assume that because this is a last minute announcement, they just found some minor bug they needed to fix before activating the feature. Imagine we will see this within a week or two and will be extremely disappointed if we don't. Not because I was looking forward to the feature but rather because it's pretty shady to pull this kind of move otherwise.

We aren't buying an early access title. This is a full price, first party, AAA release. If something isn't going to be ready until months after launch, you know that months before launch.

Maybe it’s PD’s way of giving a big FU to all the gt modders out there.

I thought they changed, i really did.

Maybe you're exaggerating.

I respect PD, but I agree with you, thorfynn, 100%. Second egregious example of this in the last month (Forza with the "VIP Surprise" at launch).

That's quite a stretch. What T10 did was completely dishonest. They relied on what a player base knew from the a previous title / feature, sold them and in the end it was not the same thing. This is not. Also, we know how the feature works and it has been used already.

You could complain about PD not having predicted the load of the servers because of these features being postponed (the 4 ones from the article) but 3 of them, we already used during the demo and the import decals was probably used during the event PD held 2 months ago on their HQ for the gaming media - they had their logos ingame to test the livery feature.

I prefer they focus during these 2/3 days on the online stability for the actual racing and fix the issues that can come around and then unlock the social features / import decal. Sure, everything should be working day one, but I prefer this than to have everything available with game braking bugs (as it happened with PC2 and got me pretty frustrated for example).

But by the way.

To tell somethting positive about the Demo. It surprised me how good the car handling was with the controller. Due to the fact that i still have no steering wheel for PS4 (I have a wonderful Logitech Driving Force GT...Which dum$$head is resopnsible for this decision that the "old" wheels shoudl not work ?!.....Bring me his head.... ;-) ) i was forced to drive a few laps with controller. And to my surprise it worked very well. Well done in this point, PD !

Lol, here we go again. Four years and the game still isn't finished. De ja coursecreator.

And skipping social features at release, when there's the most people online and they'd be most welcome? Because of "server issues"? What is this, an indie than can't afford more than three servers or one of the top franchises for the company that makes the console?
On the plus side. My prediction based on history, was that the livery editor probably wouldn't be in at launch at all. So at least that's there and it's a good effort for their first attempt. Not much needed to make it perfect.

LOL. The decal uploader will never work. Even if it becomes available, it will be removed soon after, because people will put obscene images on their car.

The profile missing is much more concerning.
People on Forza have done it and I have yet to see Turn 10 take notice of it. As @zzz_pt stated, a lot of people probably wouldn't spend however long it would take to import a file just to use it in game.

So you're just planning on buying GT sport for the decal tool? It's a racing game, not a dress-up tool :)
It's a racing game that "presents "racing" badly. From rigid cockpit cameras on collisions with barriers to smooth road surfaces, from ghosting cars to staggered starts with massive gaps to poor AI. GTS from my experience with the demo was a better dress up tool than a racing game. And without a livery editor I wouldn't even buy the game for £5. I'm sure many are only inclined to pick up GTS thanks to the livery editor.
LOL. The decal uploader will never work. Even if it becomes available, it will be removed soon after, because people will put obscene images on their car.

The profile missing is much more concerning.
You can make obscene images anyway without the uploaded. There's a report function. Things shouldn't be pulled back because of a few immature people.

Maybe you're exaggerating.

That's quite a stretch. What T10 did was completely dishonest. They relied on what a player base knew from the a previous title / feature, sold them and in the end it was not the same thing. This is not. Also, we know how the feature works and it has been used already.

You could complain about PD not having predicted the load of the servers because of these features being postponed (the 4 ones from the article) but 3 of them, we already used during the demo and the import decals was probably used during the event PD held 2 months ago on their HQ for the gaming media - they had their logos ingame to test the livery feature.

I prefer they focus during these 2/3 days on the online stability for the actual racing and fix the issues that can come around and then unlock the social features / import decal. Sure, everything should be working day one, but I prefer this than to have everything available with game braking bugs (as it happened with PC2 and got me pretty frustrated for example).

ZZZ, I respect your points above and I will revise my position...but only to the degree that it wasn't at Turn10 levels. I won't change my feelings about the timing. I doubt they found out about this late last night or early this morning, and they may have known about it going back to the original Beta. This could have been mentioned in the last week.

Would it have changed people's purchase? Man, it would be ridiculous if it did. However...they knew. I'm also not going to buy any "oh, they were working on it to try and see if they could get it to go for launch."

EDIT: Now, I stand even further corrected and withdraw my comments if they did mention it in the last week. I may have missed it.

Last edited:
People on Forza have done it and I have yet to see Turn 10 take notice of it. As @zzz_pt stated, a lot of people probably wouldn't spend however long it would take to import a file just to use it in game.

Ah yes but the Japanese have a different view on this. I still see blurry sections in their "Art Pamphlets".

Gripe gripe gripe. Doesn't anybody know that moaning online doesn't do much.

The biggest critique you can give a game developer is not buying the game. So don't buy the game. It is that simple. Move on to the next first world problem.

Gripe gripe gripe. Doesn't anybody know that moaning online doesn't do much.

The biggest critique you can give a game developer is not buying the game. So don't buy the game. It is that simple. Move on to the next first world problem.

Agreed... ;-)

ZZZ, I respect your points above and I will revise my position...but only to the degree that it wasn't at Turn10 levels. I won't change my feelings about the timing. I doubt they found out about this late last night or early this morning, and they may have known about it going back to the original Beta. This could have been mentioned in the last week.

Would it have changed people's purchase? Man, it would be ridiculous if it did. However...they knew. I'm also not going to buy any "oh, they were working on it to try and see if they could get it to go for launch."

EDIT: Now, I stand even further corrected and withdraw my comments if they did mention it in the last week. I may have missed it.

In the 5 days of the demo, PD got over 320.000 liveries (from what I imagine, a fraction of the players who will be playing GT) and over a million 4K screenshots. They made the decision to hold back 3 social features and the import decals option after that and I suspect, based on the data they got form the demo.

The original beta 2 months ago had nothing to do with these features so they were not tested.

If PD takes more than a month bringing these features live I'll change opinion. Because a month is more than enough to roll out 1 or 2 sprints to fix existing and upcoming issues. Until then I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Not because I trust everything PD say, but because I can distinguish between this and the postponement of the "Course maker", for instance, which took more than a year to be implemented but we had never seen anything of it - no pictures, no nothing. In this case, we have already tried it / saw it.

Last edited:
Interesting point. You´re right. But the past has shown that PD acts sometimes strange in point of promise in-game-features....

In GT6 they focused on such stuff like paintable brake calipers - instead of fixing the problem with the camfer settings..... Thats my personal reason to blame them before i have seen the actual GT Sport.... They have done massive errors in the past.
There was hope in me that PD is able to learn from such mistakes. And "boom" - hope is gone.

And now tell me what things are stupid ?!?! ;-)
Things like you said PD overpromising & not being able to keep up,porting all the PS2 cars,having the same sounds,not giving things pepole ask for years,saying the will do something & then take it back for unclear reassons etc etc.
To be fair to them they changed quite a bit but for many many pepole its a bit to late & i don't 100% blame them.

GT5 Prologue came out in 2008, it's almost 2018. I'd say that's a good almost-decade of "nobody forcing you to stay but sticking around anyways."
Adding wood to the fire just increases the smoke.
I say remaining optimistic is better than remaining negative X)
I know they took long but they tried what they could & i enjoyed their work like many did & that's what mostly matters :)

I'll just leave this here. PD did during the beta give an indication that social features could be delayed - go to official site Oct 9 news. - was on notifications in the beta too.

Social Functions
09/10/2017

Community features that can be used in-game in Gran Turismo Sport may take some time for the content to be implemented.

We thank you for your understanding.

Adding wood to the fire just increases the smoke.
I say remaining optimistic is better than remaining negative X)
I know they took long but they tried what they could & i enjoyed their work like many did & that's what mostly matters :)
In the bigger scheme of things, this is a discussion board and what mostly matters is discussion. If you don't like what someone says I'd suggest addressing their issues rather than the person themselves.

So they are staggering the introduction of some online features to ensure a smooth launch.

Reading some of the replies above I thought the feature had been permanently pulled. A few toys out of the pram probably says more about them than PD.

Back