GT Sport's Decal Uploader Won't be Available at Launch

Hmmm... I have a strange feeling about that....
First talk about how great the features are and then - on release day: We are so sorry......

Come on folks. It´s really hard to hear this stuff over and over again. If all of you would work like this... What would your boss say ?!?!

The gaming industry should think about this. The user is the one who pay the Studios. Not the other way round. If they have problems they shoud communicate that.

And not hold back the info till the last second and then the „big sorry, because“….. Arghhh.
I´m afraid that we will this features not before christmas. Hope i´m wrong.... ;-)

But i think a will buy it on day one...... ;-9

Hmmm... I have a strange feeling about that....
First talk about how great the features are and then - on release day: We are so sorry......

Come on folks. It´s really hard to hear this stuff over and over again. If all of you would work like this... What would your boss say ?!?!

The gaming industry should think about this. The user is the one who pay the Studios. Not the other way round. If they have problems they shoud communicate that.

And not hold back the info till the last second and then the „big sorry, because“….. Arghhh.
I´m afraid that we will this features not before christmas. Hope i´m wrong.... ;-)

But i think a will buy it on day one...... ;-9
They only take your money without delay and escuse

;-)

Ok ok. Maybe i´m to "german" in that point when i´ say that they have to deliver when they promise a feature.
I want this livery stuff in 6 days, not months.

;-)))
The "livery stuff" has been in since the demo and is still in. The feature for uploading your own SVG files for use as decals is on hold at the moment.

This is exactly why I haven't pre-ordered GT-Sport and wanted to wait until the game was actually released to assess what it has to offer. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the decal uploader will be available "soon"!

Lol, here we go again. Four years and the game still isn't finished. De ja coursecreator.

And skipping social features at release, when there's the most people online and they'd be most welcome? Because of "server issues"? What is this, an indie than can't afford more than three servers or one of the top franchises for the company that makes the console?

Lol, here we go again. Four years and the game still isn't finished. De ja coursecreator.

And skipping social features at release, when there's the most people online and they'd be most welcome? Because of "server issues"? What is this, an indie than can't afford more than three servers or one of the top franchises for the company that makes the console?

Exactly. The timing of this announcement makes you wonder as well whether these features were planned to be introduced gradually. If so, it should have been announced earlier.

I don't understand why you're on this forum when you're clearly not a fan of the series.

I don't understand why you're on this forum when you're clearly not a fan of the series.

Thats not right. Actually i´m a fan of the GT franchise. But what sucks is that every time it seems to be the same strategy. Promise something, deliver another one......
They knew exactly that this upload function will not be in the release version. But they do not have the balls to communicate this tiny little detail. Thats the point.

It´s not important if they need a little bit longer to finish their product. That is definitely not the point. What sucks is the fact that their are not honest. They lie. For me as a father of two sons that is an important thing. Not lying......
Hmm....

You can still be a fan of something and critique the devs of that something for some frankly inexcusable choices they made merely days before release, I'm glad I didn't stoke up the cash right off the bat or I'd be pretty annoyed right about now.

You do understand that this forum is for many games, not just the GT series, right?

Not to mention that many long time members here, such as Imari, would have gotten into sim racing via the GT series. I know I did. The fact that a lot of us are no longer interested in the GT series as it is today doesn't mean we aren't fans of the series as a whole. Some of my best racing game memories have come from GT games. A lot of us are just disillusioned with the direction Kaz has taken the series in, and if we wish to voice out opinions on GT Sport, we're just as entitled to do so as anyone else.

Great insight, come again :)

LOL. The decal uploader will never work. Even if it becomes available, it will be removed soon after, because people will put obscene images on their car.

The profile missing is much more concerning.

LOL. The decal uploader will never work. Even if it becomes available, it will be removed soon after, because people will put obscene images on their car.

The profile missing is much more concerning.

You can put "obscene" stuff with the available livery editor already. If someone wants to do it, I bet they wouldn't take the time and effort to get svg files of whatever they wanted to stick on their car's body panels.

Well, the upload part already worked with the logos of those game news outlets that went to PD's HQ a few months ago. This time I think PD is saying the truth. It's a reasonable explanation for the delay.

Incorrect. I'm a fan of GT1 through GT5P. GT5 was disappointing but at least in some ways progressive. GT6 was abominable. For most game series, not being a fan of the last two games out of 7+ (depending on how you want to count it) wouldn't strike you from the list. Unfortunately for Polyphony, that's their work for the last 10-ish years.

I remain hopeful that Polyphony can return to the days when it made amazing games. They have the skills and the resources should they choose to. GTS is close in many ways, but from what I've seen so far it drops the ball in many others.

This is 2017currentyearargument, and they're not alone in the genre. They can't just put out whatever and assume that people will lap it up.

Great insight, come again :)

Thanks, I believe I shall. :cheers:

From an objective standpoint, Forza 7 still doesn’t have its auction house, leagues, and Forzathon features active yet so I really can’t fault PD for doing this.

And that's kind of messed up too. Other games doing the same thing doesn't negate criticism.

Back