GT Sport's FIA Championship Test Season 2 is Underway

Went dark for few days for some Dead Rising 2 Off The Record PS4 now I'm back for more FIA races.
DS4 Motion Sensing Steering player right here.
Some of these Japanese Lunatics needs stop trying to ram me mid corner and spin me out it ****ing disgusting.
I know I'm often the only Thai racer in the grid but the way some of them treat me during the race were ripped straight from Initial D and bullies in baseball anime.
I could really use a few more new tracks though also a bit older cars PD's better spill their beans soon.

Last edited:
The karts killed my SR. I had a bunch of clean race bonuses today and I've maintained my S rating for a while but the FIA races were crashing festivals. I'm now at B... (My DR is still A) I think I'll stop doing FIA races during the test seasons and stick to sport mode until the real championship starts. Everyone seem to be crazier when races seem more important than they truly are.

@Notilloc27 Sorry for hitting you in the kart race. I had a penalty and I couldn’t see through the HUD...

Last edited:
For live qualifying, I think a starting order based on TT times released at one or two second intervals should be tried to give everyone in the room a better chance at getting their three flying laps in without being held up or having to feel like they need to move over.

And for the rolling starts, perhaps packing the cars closer together but only allowing them to go once they cross the line because there can potentially be huge speed and braking point differences on some circuits with the current system, and it's not likely that those starting near the front will have practiced where their braking point for the start will be.

Last week I practiced the rolling start a couple of times at Maggiore in the worst case scenario (at the front) just to gauge where the latest rolling start braking point would be. I started mid-pack and it turned out that roughly somewhere in between that and the 100m board was about right which worked out.

Chances are that I won't even be able to compete in every race! My brother would get mad at me if I played every night... May be able to when there's no school for either of us to worry about.

I maneged to start in fourth at the kart race! I was so happy!!! After one lap, I was second already. It lasted 2 turns though. Someone hit me and almost finished my race. If I remember correctly, I finished 6th.
I was so angry about that race that I couldn’t concentrate in the Mount Panorama one. I hd a 10 seconds penalty for bumping someone’s side... went to 18th place... then the 13th, I think, wouldn’t let me pass. I was overly aggressive, I’m really sorry about that. Touched him a few times. I was so mad, I couldn’t get my breaking points right. What a mess... I went from SR S to B in one race. lol... at least I’ll try to be calmer now.

Very frustrating for me as I rarely get on before 10pm. I managed to get a bit of time last Saturday to try one out and it was really good I like it a lot but weekdays 6-10 just doesn't work for me, 6-12 would be better.

Finally, the ‘S’ Sportsmanship rating is meaningless. It’s way too easy to get.

Whilst my experience has been pretty great so far, I am concerned what effect this is going to have in the long run. Sadly I don't think PD will be changing it anytime soon. just look at how GTP - which you'd think would have the more serious/sensible racers from the player base, generally - is filled with people who are adamant it's too difficult to gain SR. :indiff:

Whilst my experience has been pretty great so far, I am concerned what effect this is going to have in the long run. Sadly I don't think PD will be changing it anytime soon. just look at how GTP - which you'd think would have the more serious/sensible racers from the player base, generally - is filled with people who are adamant it's too difficult to gain SR. :indiff:

It is definitely not. I went back from B to S in 3 races.

Yesterdays Manufacturers race was just a crash fest, I did very little wrong, qualified second, ended up punted out by someone trying to win from mid pack first corner, then got crashed into / bad luck coming into other peoples pile ups with no time to brake, got all kinds of damage, then got crashed into while I was crippled, etc etc etc all 10 sec pens every time. Was at last place for a while, set fastest lap towards the end, was a joke. SR went from S to D! It's at A now after winning the Gr3 daily yesterday afterwards to make me feel better lol.

I changed from Nissan to Porsche for the manufactures cup. I found the GTR's had too much understeer for my liking and the gt3 car was so hard to get out of the corners, unless I short shifted to 3rd as soon as possible I just didn't go anywhere! But saying that it is a monster in a straight line!

The 911 RSR was a dream at Bathurst last night. Qualified 3rd and was run wide on to the grass in the first turn and down to 6th, but got my head down and put together some nice laps to get back up to 4th behind a French chap in a Z4. Managed to get past on the run down to Griffins corner on the last lap, very clean/close for 4 laps which was a surprise compared to my last few races! So far I've found the 911 to be at least a second faster per lap than the GTR and makes a glorious noise too!

Judging by all the comments I feel they should've put Mount Panorama (Bathurst) in the daily races numerous time before putting it in the championships.

It is definitely not. I went back from B to S in 3 races.

Good to know! I’ll do a few races before I start transferring data on my new Pro then!

By the way, I enjoyed chasing you at Yamagiwa in the Nations Cup. You’re a quick and clean driver!

You sure the others aren't just invisible to you?

Skip to 4:15 for picture-in-picture... everyone is invisible to Lakebum and they think he is intentionally ruining everyone's race, but it really isn't his fault.

that is hilarious :D that's one of the funniest bugs I have ever seen :D

but why are there GT3 and GT4 car in the same race?

shadygrady80 must have been reaaaally angry.

Last edited:
(...)those that qualify well and run off into the distance that claim it’s the best racing ever, and the rest of people that are destined to be mid to back of the pack who are continually bumped around like a pinball. Admittedly I had some good races during the test, but most were crashfests.

This is probably the most accurate description of GTS I have seen.

By some miracle I started 6th at Mt. Panorama and managed to finish 4th. I think it might have been the best races I've had so far, but that is largely because I managed to avoid the inevitable cluster**** that ensued behind me.

It seems that if you qualify anywhere outside of the top 6 or 7, you're stuck in a perpetual crashfest limbo and whenever you think you're out, they just drag you right back down to the pit with the rest of the sodomites.

This is probably the most accurate description of GTS I have seen.
I dunno, I'm not a fast driver so I'm almost never in top 10 in SR S, I'm a mid pack racer and I don't get bumped around (been in mostly clean races from B to S). I guess experience varies between countries and SR classes?

I dunno, I'm not a fast driver so I'm almost never in top 10 in SR S, I'm a mid pack racer and I don't get bumped around (been in mostly clean races from B to S). I guess experience varies between countries and SR classes?

Most of my races have been in SR: B. I think it's a bit of a mixed bag, but I don't think it helps that it's the starting SR group for new drivers. I'm in SR: A now though, so it's not quite as bad, but accidents still happen and tempers still flare.

I’m trying to get my SR S back. I try to let the crazies go by so I get a clean race but they screw up at the next corner and push me in the grass to fight back. I’ll never run kart events again (I got my first 5 wins in karts during the beta but the races at Kyoto weren’t crashfests)

The good thing is I’m finally getting poles and fastest laps as the aliens are not there and I’m the only A driver in the race.

They seem me in the Top 10 at Dragon Trail so they try to wreck me at the start. Might have to go back to Project Cars 2 to calm myself down...

Last edited:
. What I learned was to just sandbag and stay in the back and away from others in hopes to elevate my Sportsmanship rating, but in the long run what did it give me? Races filled with MUCH faster drivers with S ratings which resulted in constantly finishing mid to rear of the pack. Not fun in the long run. So, which of the lesser of two evils is better? Getting bumped around and hoping everyone crashes out or gets penalized, or always finishing 10th? Neither.

This is the exact same way you get out of the crap servers in i-racing as well. The idea being is just to finish the race clean no matter what position you are in. Then your speed will come.

So in that since I am fine with it. Seems how when I am with the faster drivers with S ratings my races have been pretty clean.

The truth is, there is no way around either extreme in public servers. That is what racing leagues are for.

I've had fairly good luck with the Sport races. I've only done the Manufacturer's race due to time constants in the evening. I'm racing with Honda for both seasons and really love the NSX. It seems there aren't a lot of other Honda racers at this point. I would think the point system would become public knowledge, at least once they have completed the test seasons. After all, if PD is trying to mimic real life racing with the DR and SR, this would be logical.

Last night at Bathurst, I had a great experience, but it could have been worse. I started as a C/S driver and this race had 14 B/S and 6 C/S drivers. Qualified 5th in like 2:07.9 after running some mid 2:06's in practice. On the exit of turn 1, I got rear ended pretty hard and it luckily propelled me straight forward and I moved into 4th. The 3rd place driver got lose into turn 3 and I moved up another spot. Then the 2nd place driver went a bit wide on the top of the mountain heading toward Skyline, spun across the track right into my path. I was expecting a hard impact, but his car ghosted and myself and the car behind me were undamaged. I held 2nd for a couple laps, then made a small mistake heading into / coming out of The Dipper and gave up 2nd on the downhill section. I managed to stay within 3-4 seconds back of the leader the whole race, until the last lap when I put together a great up and down the mountain sequence to finish in 2:05.6 for fastest lap and finish 2 seconds back. So I started 5th to 3rd with a fastest lap, earned me 477 points. Both 1st and 2nd were B's.

As with any form of racing, those that take it seriously and put in the effort will get faster. Continued success to everyone and I hope to see some of you out there for some clean racing.

You sure the others aren't just invisible to you?

Skip to 4:15 for picture-in-picture... everyone is invisible to Lakebum and they think he is intentionally ruining everyone's race, but it really isn't his fault.

I was in that race but at the front so I didn't see any of the incident until the replay after. You can definitely see Lakebum "hit" other cars but not have any effect like slowing or changing the line.

IMO this is probably a network glitch or slowness. As we can see with the PIP Lakebum is not getting info back from the server that the back half has even moved off the grid. Likely this is client-side as it is not a widespread issue. Best fix may be to restart the PS4 and/or your local router if you run into this.
that is hilarious :D that's one of the funniest bugs I have ever seen :D

but why are there GT3 and GT4 car in the same race?

shadygrady80 must have been reaaaally angry.
That was....I dunno. Definitely something server side to start the race. I had been waiting for entry into the Gr3 manufacturer race at....Suzuka maybe? Quali starts and I'm on top of a mountain somewhere in Australia! Then I'm wondering why the Viper in front is soooo sloooow and it runs out he was Gr4. Bizarre race for sure. In the end my points counted for the manufacturer race and I got a non-entry for the nations cup...wonky as hell.

Last edited:
I was in that race but at the front so I didn't see any of the incident until the replay after. You can definitely see Lakebum "hit" other cars but not have any effect like slowing or changing the line.

IMO this is probably a network glitch or slowness. As we can see with the PIP Lakebum is not getting info back from the server that the back half has even moved off the grid. Likely this is client-side as it is not a widespread issue. Best fix may be to restart the PS4 and/or your local router if you run into this.

I was in that race as well (1st) and didn't notice any issues. In the racing league I'm a part of (SNAILRACING), we see this sometimes with individuals with a poor connection. It's our policy to not start a race if everyone does see the true number prior to the start. But, I think it's going to be a rare issue with the Sport races since PD has some "dedicated servers" for the races.

EDIT:
This was also the night that the Sport races messed up and the Manufacturer's races took place on the Nations Cup track with mixed cars. So, there were other issues going on.

I was expecting a hard impact, but his car ghosted and myself and the car behind me were undamaged.

This is the part of online racing that irritates me. The reason is because I have had a few of the exact same experiences except the car in front spinning DIDN'T ghost and when I slowed down to no hit them or dodge them I got rammed off the track. Then to find out later in the race another car spins but is easy to dodge and he is way off track then his car ghosts.

They just need to get rid of ghosting. It gives some people an advantage sometimes and then a disadvantage other times. It is more equal if we all have to dodge spins and crashes like we would in real life. I know people will sure disagree with me but I can't stand the ghosting effect.

This is the part of online racing that irritates me. The reason is because I have had a few of the exact same experiences except the car in front spinning DIDN'T ghost and when I slowed down to no hit them or dodge them I got rammed off the track. Then to find out later in the race another car spins but is easy to dodge and he is way off track then his car ghosts.

They just need to get rid of ghosting. It gives some people an advantage sometimes and then a disadvantage other times. It is more equal if we all have to dodge spins and crashes like we would in real life. I know people will sure disagree with me but I can't stand the ghosting effect.

I agree completely. Sure, no one wants to have their race affected by someone else spinning, but that's racing. I always try to avoid even a ghosted car, as you never know when it will sudden unghost.

I agree completely. Sure, no one wants to have their race affected by someone else spinning, but that's racing. I always try to avoid even a ghosted car, as you never know when it will sudden unghost.

Similarly, what about yellow flags? I instinctively slow down when I see yellow flags during a race but more often than not, it is to my detriment -- the car that caused the yellows has either recovered or is ghosted, and the car behind me doesn't slow for the yellows and overtakes me.

Similarly, what about yellow flags? I instinctively slow down when I see yellow flags during a race but more often than not, it is to my detriment -- the car that caused the yellows has either recovered or is ghosted, and the car behind me doesn't slow for the yellows and overtakes me.

I don't know what the issue is with the yellow flags. I can't remember an instance where I saw waving yellow and there was an actual reason for the yellow. Usually, iit's the opposite and the flag is green, but there is a car off track or spinning. In the above referenced race at Bathurst and the one last night, I think I saw a waving yellow at turn 2 nearly every single lap.

Now, I'm just gonna put some things away here and report about something else. The Pit Stop Bug needs To stop because some people already seem to use it in the FIA races.

The Pit Stop Bug needs To stop because some people already seem to use it in the FIA races.
It was shut down on Thursday last week, by barriers placed across the pit entry on every track in Sport Mode.

Back