GT Sport's FIA Championship Test Season Kicks Off Today

Windfire and Erick were bumping eachother for the entire race yesterday. They do lose rating but they also gain it for every sector so it evens out. They still kept S rating after the race. You can watch it on Erick's channel, it was a great race.
That's even worse then. If you can make that much contact and still not lose SR it's a massive flaw in the system.

It's not a flaw at all, it's a small bump. The game registers what happens after the bump and gives penalty according to it. If you bump someone and he keeps his line it is just a SR rating down. If you bump someone and he goes off track, you lose more SR and you get time penalty. If you bump someone and he hits a wall, you get a huge SR loss and 10+ sec penalty from my experience.

It's not a flaw at all, it's a small bump. The game registers what happens after the bump and gives penalty according to it. If you bump someone and he keeps his line it is just a SR rating down. If you bump someone and he goes off track, you lose more SR and you get time penalty. If you bump someone and he hits a wall, you get a huge SR loss and 10+ sec penalty from my experience.
And if you bump someone by divebombing and knocking them off the racing line but not off the track it's just an SR drop. It's a way to game the system that has no meaningful consequence because the cost in SR is so small and it's so easy to get it back.

I raced the first manufacturer series race on Suzuka and then this happened to me:
Skip to 18:42 if you don't want to see my relaxed driving style.

I'm so furious I stopped for 2 hours,I was pumped as hell seeing the game showed all the racers one by one just before the race starts.

Dude, no...no...no.

Sorry, man.

R3V
I got rear ended last night by someone I lapped who forgot to brake (and got a penalty for it). Do tell me how I'm too stubborn to admit fault.

You're not at fault. That has happened to me as well. Backmarkers don't get out of the way. It's the ultimate FIA experience; fearing for your race's life.

As far as I can tell, there is no differentiation between lapped and cars you're currently racing with, and that's a solid problem...

Some comments say the penalty system is too weak and that players can 'game' it too easily (and I saw the admin, Famine, responding appropriately to such comments recently) and other comments saying that it's too inconsistent and they can't get out of S class without driving behind the pack, then if they decided to race in the pack again they lose rank and fall to A or B. Perhaps the fact that some people feel it's easy to gain SR and some people feel it's hard to pack race means that it's working just fine by splitting the drivers? If you find it hard to get into S class and stay there, then it might not be the systems fault... The system is the same flawed system for everyone; the only differentiator is the drivers.

I got into S rank during the open beta and I haven't left S rank since. I agree that SR and penalties should be a lot stronger.

The FIA GT Nations GT Cup is the most popular of the 2 series so far with 31,495 players recorded on the world ranking, The FIA GT Manufacture Series registers just 23,664. I guess that really shows the scale of what PD are trying to do here with points etc...

Yes I was bored and should be doing other things ;)
Out of curiosity, where did you find the information showing the worldwide numbers for the two series as in the game I only see all the players that are competing in my region.

Those hours are really bad for eastern America, living in Montreal Canada I got to do events really late, missing the first ones I got to play till 3:45am and I had to go somewhere the morning after.

Hours offered should be over 24h, not a 6 hour range that benifit some regions.
What about people that will have to do early in the morning or at job time ???
Ridiculous.

I dont get how the pt system work either.

Saturday night I get crashed all over the place, finish in the last 3 positions and get much more points that in yeasterday (sunday night) race where I finished 3rd (one guy passed through me) and 1st with no incident.

How come I get only 43pts for a third place and 97 for a first clean place on a fairly fast qualification times D+S server while I did more than 3 times those points the day before been crashed all over the place and finish at the end ???

Incomprensible. I with the ''TEST'' label is about fixing these kind of issued.
Because seriously that totally destroyed my joy of winning the event.

Going back to iRacing till it's fixed or we know better about how pts are given.
I asked ho many pts got given to some guys running on same races I was on, but at the speed guys leave races when it's done, i doubt they will take 2 minutes check their scores and reply to me.

There is no community feeling in this game for now, it's fast food races: come, race, leave.
Repeat, as fast as possible so you dont miss the next one... 30 second timer at end of race (1st guy finished) dont help either.

Not cool, wish it will change

Zalex

Out of curiosity, where did you find the information showing the worldwide numbers for the two series as in the game I only see all the players that are competing in my region.

They came from cycling through the leaderboard called world ranking, maybe a presumption on my part that it is the world as we know it ;)

They should really put only gr4 and gr3 cars for FIA. This Vantage was painful. I can't stand these slow cars that slide forever on brakes.
I haven't practised today's yet, but did try that Vantage in time trials last night.... could hardly get a lap on the default Sports: Hard tires, but Race: Hard were a huge improvement.
Maybe the tires are more important than the car to have a fun driving experience?

Went into a B-S group. Was worse than B-A. In qualifying every time I caught up to someone who crashed at the swimming pool chicane he ruined my lap. Qualified like 9th when my practice time would've put me 1st. Then I had to deal with ramming and pit maneuvers. To make matters worse, I dropped from S to B. What a joke.

PD need to start ghosting cars in qualifying as well as lapped cars in the race.

F
That sounds more like a classic network issue. Test your connection from within the PS4 UI

Ideally you should have NAT 1 or 2 and UPnP support
NAT 3 is always bad, and requires more extensive setup than can be provided here, but there are 100s of guides, like this one:
http://www.playstationing.com/ps4/how-to-change-your-nat-type-on-ps4-and-ps3/839
first of all, thanks a lot for your replay. PS4 is running on Nat2 UPnP. I opened additional ports and assigned static IP address. still the same issue. I detected that I'm losing from time to time connection to the internet. Now idea why. BU in general all online services in the game are available. any further idea what I can do?

Maybe this has been discussed earlier, but...
What is up with a one-make race for nations cup? I thought they all would be garage cars?

Also, there seems to be no logic to the number of laps whatsoever, neither in the championships or the daily races. I just did a daily race around Interlagos. 3 laps? It was over before it even begun.

I am really confused. :)

p2cj1ge.jpg

Spent six hours today mastering the reverse Dragon Trail for this, I haven't got many hours for gaming on weekdays and because only three of our finishes count, I planned to compete on the races that I liked more. After the qualifiers our cars weren't on the track and the game kicked us out. I am so dissapointed right now... Please PD make something for this it's really awfull for many of us.

I will never choose to compete on the last race again.

Qualifying really needs to be improved.
The first day was a 7 minute qualifying on a 1.40+ lap time. You get out mid pack (Reliant on when your system initiates) and if you are faster you are running into traffic or getting bumped out. I got a good lap in for my first lap with clean air and was so much faster I came flying up to a pack of 10 with no hope of improving

Why not use the time to run a proper qualifying setup too.
10 min entry period
10 min Qualifying 1 - Bottom 3rd drop out (If your fast enough you should get through)
7 min Qualifying 2 - Half of remaining drop out (Less cars on track means more space to give yourself a chance at clean lap)
5 min Qualifying 3 - 1 lap shootout (You only get 1 lap to show who the fastest is, could ghost cars to make sure you don't get interference)
Everyone who is knocked out can either spectate the others (Gives chance to see others racing lines etc) or practice
3min intro to race
25 min race

Qualifying really needs to be improved.
The first day was a 7 minute qualifying on a 1.40+ lap time. You get out mid pack (Reliant on when your system initiates) and if you are faster you are running into traffic or getting bumped out. I got a good lap in for my first lap with clean air and was so much faster I came flying up to a pack of 10 with no hope of improving

Why not use the time to run a proper qualifying setup too.
10 min entry period
10 min Qualifying 1 - Bottom 3rd drop out (If your fast enough you should get through)
7 min Qualifying 2 - Half of remaining drop out (Less cars on track means more space to give yourself a chance at clean lap)
5 min Qualifying 3 - 1 lap shootout (You only get 1 lap to show who the fastest is, could ghost cars to make sure you don't get interference)
Everyone who is knocked out can either spectate the others (Gives chance to see others racing lines etc) or practice
3min intro to race
25 min race
3 separate qualifying sessions will turn people off. No point because if people aren't in the top group they will most likely quit. It would be discouraging because all everyone wants to do is race.

Points based on SOF. In iRacing we can know the SOF value, but in GTS is hidden.

Those hours are really bad for eastern America, living in Montreal Canada I got to do events really late, missing the first ones I got to play till 3:45am and I had to go somewhere the morning after.

Hours offered should be over 24h, not a 6 hour range that benifit some regions.
What about people that will have to do early in the morning or at job time ???
Ridiculous.

I dont get how the pt system work either.

Saturday night I get crashed all over the place, finish in the last 3 positions and get much more points that in yeasterday (sunday night) race where I finished 3rd (one guy passed through me) and 1st with no incident.

How come I get only 43pts for a third place and 97 for a first clean place on a fairly fast qualification times D+S server while I did more than 3 times those points the day before been crashed all over the place and finish at the end ???

Incomprensible. I with the ''TEST'' label is about fixing these kind of issued.
Because seriously that totally destroyed my joy of winning the event.

Going back to iRacing till it's fixed or we know better about how pts are given.
I asked ho many pts got given to some guys running on same races I was on, but at the speed guys leave races when it's done, i doubt they will take 2 minutes check their scores and reply to me.

There is no community feeling in this game for now, it's fast food races: come, race, leave.
Repeat, as fast as possible so you dont miss the next one... 30 second timer at end of race (1st guy finished) dont help either.

Not cool, wish it will change

Zalex[/QUOTE

3 separate qualifying sessions will turn people off. No point because if people aren't in the top group they will most likely quit. It would be discouraging because all everyone wants to do is race.

Fair enough, just thought aligning it in a similar form to the F1s without being the same was a better option that the current setup. The current setup is horrid as it disadvantages the faster drivers from actually being able to qualify without being held up by traffic constantly.

The other option is to use the Free Practice time as the qualifying time in a similar form to daily races. It would mean that people who join late are disadvantaged though so might not work.

Fair enough, just thought aligning it in a similar form to the F1s without being the same was a better option that the current setup. The current setup is horrid as it disadvantages the faster drivers from actually being able to qualify without being held up by traffic constantly.

The other option is to use the Free Practice time as the qualifying time in a similar form to daily races. It would mean that people who join late are disadvantaged though so might not work.

Actually the best option in my opinion for the series races is make qualifying times be from the 15 minute period from when registration opens until it closes. All drivers have a clean track and the same amount of time to enter a q time. Problem solved for all!

I'm fed up of this championship because every race I start I'm the only one moving it can't be my internet

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171107-093907.png
    Screenshot_20171107-093907.png
    111 KB · Views: 23
hey guys I was just wondering how the point system works in the manufacturer races. Round 1 and 2, I got second place which I got 666 and 605 points. Round 3 I got 1st place so why did I only get 460 points?? While people ranked below me got 739 points for the same race ?

Attachments

• IMG_7474 2.JPG
    IMG_7474 2.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 28

What I don't understand is that qualifying starts and everybody jumps off in each others tail... Interlagos, for instance, is big enough for 20 cars not to meet each other... I think they should add to racing etiquette to get off the line and allow faster cars to pass on qualifying. It's better anyway, I usually learn a lot trying to chase a faster driver.

What I don't understand is that qualifying starts and everybody jumps off in each others tail... Interlagos, for instance, is big enough for 20 cars not to meet each other... I think they should add to racing etiquette to get off the line and allow faster cars to pass on qualifying. It's better anyway, I usually learn a lot trying to chase a faster driver.

It’s the seven minutes that causes this.

I think we can safely assume that the Nordschleife will never be an online race.

It’s the seven minutes that causes this.

I think we can safely assume that the Nordschleife will never be an online race.

Hadn't thought of that... anyone that can complete the lap deserves pole ;). I wonder how they will do in that case... maybe the same as the daily races, you qualify "offline". I hope it won't be much of a carnage there, given what I saw in the other races...

Back