GT Sport's FIA Championship Test Season Kicks Off Today

If the lower rating players have no change of winning the championship then why include them in the same rankings as those that can. Why put me in a rankings table with people i have no possibility of racing. It's like saying Chelsea beat Doncaster to the Premier League title last season! I would like to see our rating class 'locked' before round 1 for that championship only and each week and have separate rankings for each rating class. My experience in Class D is round 1 finished 13/20 and won 46 points, round 2 today 5/20 and won 26 points, that cant be right.

Dude, if you have complete Time Trail Leaderboard, do you erase every time which you cant beat? Just to feal like a winner?

Ist a Ranking-Board dude, everyone in the world is listed and you can see how you hold up! You may have a rivial you can compete against or Show yourself how you improved... Do you believe there will be a Cup for everyone, so everyone can feel like a winner? :D

My PSN ID is European but I am living/working in Japan. I noticed that the FIA GT events schedule are set to Europe timezone, this means in Japan its at 3am/4am/5am/6am/7am. It is almost impossible for me to race at this timings.

My assumption was that since I am signing in from JAPAN I would be allocated to Asian zone. Do you guys have any idea how can I change this behavior without having to create a Japanese PSN account?

My PSN ID is European but I am living/working in Japan. I noticed that the FIA GT events schedule are set to Europe timezone, this means in Japan its at 3am/4am/5am/6am/7am. It is almost impossible for me to race at this timings.

My assumption was that since I am signing in from JAPAN I would be allocated to Asian zone. Do you guys have any idea how can I change this behavior without having to create a Japanese PSN account?

Its my understanding these times are world wide. Here it is 8pm ect.

Its my understanding these times are world wide. Here it is 8pm ect.
Well, I would much prefer to be worldwide but in that case PD should offer more slots, specially morning slots too so it can cover all timezones. I will try to submit feedback to them. Even for European, only evening slots is too restrictive if a person works at night shifts.

EDIT: Its region-locked, since on the official GT News Page they announce the time schedule for PDT, JST and UTC.
In all this areas is the same 6pm/7pm/8pm/9pm/10pm, which means it must be region locked. Actually, living/working in Japan I always match with European drivers, never Asian ones. So because my PSN is from Europe, in Japan I see this events for 3am/4am/5am/6am/7am/8am. I don't want to register a second Japanese account though... :(

Last edited:
They don't want to offer too many rounds though because then there aren't enough people. If they have a round every hour, all day, people will naturally pick whatever time is most convenient for them (as it should be) and there might be sessions with only ~10 drivers in it or something. It's an issue because they limit you to 1 run per day. I'm sure if they allowed more, people would run multiple rounds to try and improve their points or whatever. But only Polyphony can see the exact numbers of people who are playing, from what time zones, and which rounds.

Maybe they do have a ton of people and they can make more rounds but: I saw someone else in here mention their run group having driver ratings anywhere from A to D or something. That tells me there wasn't many people in that particular time slot.

I think Polyphony just needs to spread the 5 rounds out a bit farther apart, and that is likely a big reason for this Test Season. They need to see when and how people are playing and then schedule around that data.

They don't want to offer too many rounds though because then there aren't enough people. People will naturally pick whatever time is most convenient for them (as it should be) and there might be sessions with only ~10 drivers in it or something. Only Polyphony can see the exact numbers of people who are playing, from what time zones, and which rounds.

Maybe they do have a ton of people and they can make more rounds but: I saw someone else in here mention their run group having driver ratings anywhere from A to D or something. That tells me there wasn't many people in that particular time slot.

I think Polyphony just needs to spread the 5 rounds out a bit farther apart, and that is likely a big reason for this Test Season. They need to see when and how people are playing and then schedule around that data.
Yes! You're right. 24 rounds would be too much specially if its Region Locked. Although, as you said they should just spread more through the day. At least offering 2 rounds for morning schedule.

Any one who is not comfortable with the timings of the Nations/Manufacturer races?

For me it starts at 11:30 pm at night, it is super unlikely that I will be able to join them throughout the week. This is really disappointing for me.

:grumpy:

Something strange for me and some questions.

1) Blue Moon Race yesterday, qualified 7th. Stayed 7th comfortably till lap 14 and then suddenly my tyres weren't just gripping. Lap times increased by 1 secs and 2 cars vroomed passed me. The car was steering to the right so much that it was difficult to drive. Then trying avoiding contact, i spun and dropped to 20th. I didn't know what happened.

2) I see you can increase power and weight reduction in FIA races. Do you guys increase these attributes?

3) Italia in Suzuka was difficult to control, sliding and oversteering with TC2 but yesterday at Interlagos,It was gripping so well with TC 0. Tyres were RH in both tracks then how come so much difference??

Nope they were Enabled. It was even asking for Mileage point's. I went to level 2 in power increase to test after clicking ok.

Don't know if anything changed or not.

Nope they were Enabled. It was even asking for Mileage point's. I went to level 2 in power increase to test after clicking ok.

I didn't have time to race at Suzuka Saturday night, but took the Corvette C3 out to do some qualifying laps for the heck of it, to see where I stood (IMO I made a mistake by signing with Chevy, lol. I think the Corvette is going to be bringing up the rear at most tracks). Anyway, I too noticed that you could use Mileage points to upgrade the power and weight reduction, but only after I'd already set what I felt was a good time. I figured I would try it and see what happened. I upgraded both the power and weight as far as I could, to level 3. After upgrading I didn't really notice a difference in my lap times at all, either positively or negatively. But, I may have just been too tired to feel any difference by that point. I was able to get down to like a 2'02.4x in the Vette, but the top 10 were running low 2'00.xx and even one 1'59.9 in a NSX. Didn't improve my time after the upgrade. Others may be able to chime in on whether this upgrade makes a difference or not.

Last edited:

Power and weight upgrades just increase the % range you can set them to. For example you might be able to set it from 90-110% at level 1 and 80-120% at level 2. However the % is locked by the BoP so even if you have a bigger range of settings, you still can’t change the % and therefore upgrades make no difference.

Oh and Suzuka was Gr.3 and Interlagos was Gr.4 which will explain the different handling.

The good thing is you can save the replay, upload the video and tag their PSN names on the YT Video.

I streamed the race and people saw "how clean" the overall race was.But the point I am trying to make is not "about 2-3 dirty drivers" its about the SR/DR rating system and how easy it is to get to the "S" level of SR.
Yesterday I got a 20 sec penalty in total (add to that the time I wasted in order to get rid of that) because of another "clean" player.
Its either "dirty" and get "lucky" with penalties or get a "clean" race and finish at the back.

Can someone please point me to the Gran Turismo enthusiasts forum?

All I read from this website is people who:

1) do not understand the game they're playing because they don't read the in-game explanations (eg. the posts above talking about upgrading the power and weight of the car in BoP championships [when you click to upgrade, it gives an explanation], or a further example, people complaining about DR effecting points received in the championship when the very first in-game page explaining how Sport mode works says as such); or

2) are so stubborn that they know how to properly drive with race etiquette and the SR system doesn't work, or stubborn that they know a better points system, or stubborn that anyone who hits them is in the wrong.

Genuinely, please, can someone actually link me to the forum thread where commenters are not complete morons?

It's okay to critique the game, but some users here don't want to inform themselves about in-game systems, and some users clearly do not enjoy the game.

Where can I talk to like minded people who enjoy the game and take its weaknesses in stride?

1) do not understand the game they're playing because they don't read the in-game explanations (eg. the posts above talking about upgrading the power and weight of the car in BoP championships [when you click to upgrade, it gives an explanation], or a further example, people complaining about DR effecting points received in the championship when the very first in-game page explaining how Sport mode works says as such); or

2) are so stubborn that they know how to properly drive with race etiquette and the SR system doesn't work, or stubborn that they know a better points system, or stubborn that anyone who hits them is in the wrong.

Genuinely, please, can someone actually link me to the forum thread where commenters are not complete morons?

It's okay to critique the game, but some users here don't want to inform themselves about in-game systems, and some users clearly do not enjoy the game.

Where can I talk to like minded people who enjoy the game and take its weaknesses in stride?

Done a good job there :lol:

(fledgling poster - please be kind, I need to learn the etiquette/temperament of these forums (all forums are slightly different))

Power and weight upgrades just increase the % range you can set them to. For example you might be able to set it from 90-110% at level 1 and 80-120% at level 2. However the % is locked by the BoP so even if you have a bigger range of settings, you still can’t change the % and therefore upgrades make no difference.

Oh and Suzuka was Gr.3 and Interlagos was Gr.4 which will explain the different handling.
Oh got that now. Thanks.

I think this is the most high profile forum anywhere when it comes to GT. So naturally everyone that has an opinion and wants to he heard (have an audience) will go here. And those that played the series since the PSX would have a tendency to feel entitled on top of that.

I am personally very impressed by the game and especially the online racing. I expected it to be a complete mess. Instead i have been gifted a game that does many many things the right way and i have had some incredible races. Much of the critique comes from players expecting the impossible, there is no way that every race can be fair. The best one can do is accept it as it is and enjoy it with the limitations. Anything else will only lead to frustration.
Well said. Exactly my thoughts and so true.

Another example of how ridiculous the region lock is. There are tons of people all around the world that, for different reasons, play with a USA or European account. Mostly because they are expats, prefer cheaper games, or just don't have PSN accounts available in their country. I live in Argentina. When I opened my PSN account ten years ago there were no Argentine accounts. So I play on a USA account. It's also nice that the games are 10% cheaper in USA vs. Argentina.

Most games allow you to choose your flag. I don't know why PD is so stubborn about locking our nation to our PSN account. It is absolutely dumb to not allow us to choose our flags/nation. @xetiro lives in Japan but gets matched with Europeans. There are tons of people in the Middle East that play with USA accounts. So the whole "It's to reduce lag" argument is out the window. PD should match us by IP and let us choose our own flags. It would also help the matchmaking to have a bigger pool of players, and looking at the numbers @graveltrap posted above, as well as my personal experience in Sport Mode with DR ranging from D to S almost every time I play, THIS GAME NEEDS MORE PLAYERS, and separating us by region is not helping.

Do driving assists matter to points or not? Someone tell me please I'm already not enjoying the game with counter assist. It robs me of feeling the car and makes it all about where you brake, turn in and get on the throttle.

If that's all you see then you aren't looking hard enough. There is no requirement here to always post positive things about GTSport. We can, and do, discuss the game and all it's positive and negatives. There may be a forum somewhere that is all sunshine, rainbows and unicorns when it comes to GTS but I'm not aware of it. Try searching for it and if you find it do let us know.​

Especially this gets very annoying. They have no experience with this kind of systems or maybe even with proper online racing but they claim the system is faulty because they arent climbing the ranks like they feel they should. The DR, SR and points system are working as should and work prettty good imo, though id like to see that it gets a bit harder to get to SR S as right now its a bit to easy i think. But these kind of ranking systems have no mercy. If you are not fast or clean the system is gonna shove that in your face and they may not like or agree with it. The only things they can do is accept that fact and be fine with it or try to improve their driving. Or ofcourse moan on here that everything and everyone is to blame for it but themselves.

Especially this gets very annoying. They have no experience with this kind of systems or maybe even with proper online racing but they claim the system is faulty because they arent climbing the ranks like they feel they should. The DR, SR and points system are working as should and work prettty good imo, though id like to see that it gets a bit harder to get to SR S as right now its a bit to easy i think. But these kind of ranking systems have no mercy. If you are not fast or clean the system is gonna shove that in your face and they may not like or agree with it. The only things they can do is accept that fact and be fine with it or try to improve their driving. Or ofcourse moan on here that everything and everyone is to blame for it but themselves.

I am not complaining (at my posts) because I cannot get a high SR rating since I cannot get any more higher.I do on the other hand,find it too easy to get to SR S and that too many people in that rating do not know that clean online race is about.
SR is not working as it should.And also there is a way to boost you DR rating by being a "little" reckless and grab a few wins here and there.
So the rating system is not working as good as you think.

I am not complaining (at my posts) because I cannot get a high SR rating since I cannot get any more higher.I do on the other hand,find it too easy to get to SR S and that too many people in that rating do not know that clean online race is about.
SR is not working as it should.And also there is a way to boost you DR rating by being a "little" reckless and grab a few wins here and there.
So the rating system is not working as good as you think.
I watched a livestream last night of the race on Blue Moon. The host was trying to bump draft up from mid-pack to the lead pack but it wasn't working, the lead pack was too fast and full of GTAcademy level drivers. Problem was, the bump draft, which is or was a common Nascar tactic to push the car ahead of you, results in penalties and a drop in SR. One time it also resulted in a time penalty as well. One could argue this is an obviously short sighted move on PD's part, not to adjust the system to allow for bump drafting on the large oval, but that aside, even though the driver in question was getting large numbers of SR drops it wasn't of any concern. He said he could just make it up by running a few daily races clean and it would be right back up.

This being the case, it explains why, even at higher SR ratings, you still have some drivers who drive recklessly at times because they only need to run a couple of clean races to get the SR back. IMO the system should be progressive and weighted much better to discourage this kind of thing from happening. Getting out of the basement should be relatively easy. Making it up the ranks in SR should be relatively hard and staying at the top hardest of all. The harder it is to stay there, the cleaner the racing is going to be.

I watched a livestream last night of the race on Blue Moon. The host was trying to bump draft up from mid-pack to the lead pack but it wasn't working, the lead pack was too fast and full of GTAcademy level drivers. Problem was, the bump draft, which is or was a common Nascar tactic to push the car ahead of you, results in penalties and a drop in SR. One time it also resulted in a time penalty as well. One could argue this is an obviously short sighted move on PD's part, not to adjust the system to allow for bump drafting on the large oval, but that aside, even though the driver in question was getting large numbers of SR drops it wasn't of any concern. He said he could just make it up by running a few daily races clean and it would be right back up.

This being the case, it explains why, even at higher SR ratings, you still have some drivers who drive recklessly at times because they only need to run a couple of clean races to get the SR back. IMO the system should be progressive and weighted much better to discourage this kind of thing from happening. Getting out of the basement should be relatively easy. Making it up the ranks in SR should be relatively hard and staying at the top hardest of all. The harder it is to stay there, the cleaner the racing is going to be.

Windfire and Erick were bumping eachother for the entire race yesterday. They do lose rating but they also gain it for every sector so it evens out. They still kept S rating after the race. You can watch it on Erick's channel, it was a great race.

Back