GT Sport's FIA Championship Test Season Kicks Off Today

The fact they are daily races is a mistake in my opinion so I hope the actual season isn't like that. While I get only the best 3 count but loads of people will try to do every race which will just result in more incidents and some people playing an extreme amount of time which also isn't healthy. I certainly won't be and as I work in the week as well I'll personally just have to pick what I want to do.

I'm hoping in the future it's a race a week for each cup. If they were spread out say 1 on Tuesday 1 on Saturday (1 Nations and 1 Manufacturers) that would be good and would probably see the best and closest action as people could actually practice before hand! I mean we have daily races already if people wanted a race on a particular day.

I would agree with this. Making it daily makes it hard to balance family, work, gym, chores etc. I think having it weekly on two or three days out of the week for a few weeks would make it more fun tbh. 2-3 races in one day on the weekend.

Ahhhhhh.... this game is too good of a racing simulator. I almost feel like how a professional race car driver would feel after blowing a big event.

Was holding second place throughout most of the race on Brands hatch with a lot of pressure behind me, second-to-last turn on lap 10 I looked behind me a little longer than I should have at the car chasing me and missed my braking point, and ended up getting six place. I can't get the image out of my head, I know I need to move on but, man!

I hope it changes from daily to something else, or they change the time of some of the races because not everyone can play everyday between 6PM and 22PM, at least here in Portugal.

I work from 5PM until 2AM so during the week it is impossible for me, but i could at least do 3 races, because only the best 3 count.

But now they posted the next test season and it will start on a sunday and end next saturday, so for me it's only 2 races i will be able to do... So i guess i wont even bother with the championships because of this.

If they're goal is to do the races daily, they could have 2/3 in the morning, another 2/3 in the afternoon like it is now and 2/3 more between 1AM and 4AM for those that can't participate in the others.

I really hope not, hard work doing 2 races every day.

Seems like it by the looks of the calendar. Yamagiwa Gr.3 race tomorrow:

1e9c.png

They're crazy to kick off another test season right tomorrow with the same pace. Although I really enjoyed the first one and scored big points, I probably won't do any of these races, or very few, this week was exhausting already. I do hope they stick to what was shown first on the calendar for the real seasons : one championship a day, and only one race per championship each week (although the positive point of having races so close is you don't have players getting thousands of km on a combo, the amount of training is more realistic imho)

I think it's a bad idea as well to have test season 2 starting tomorrow already. There at least needs to be a 1 or even 2 week break if they're going to keep doing these races daily. I don't even agree with them being daily anyway, it's too much really. You don't have time for anything else anymore if you have a fulltime job as well. I'd also like to see it return to the way it was before we started, just the 2 races spread over the weekend.

I get that they're still trying to test things so they want to have more races for more data but honestly.. the beta should've been used for that already. The online racing in sport mode still feels like a beta to me which is really bad at this point.

To be competitive in the races you need at least an hours practice and the races themselves take the best part of an hour, so realistically you need to spend 4 hours a day just on the FIA races. That's even too much time to just be spending on the game, they can't test anything in no ones racing.

At least you'd need 30min of practice to get to grips with the combo and be somewhat regular and confident enough to be thrown in the pack. With the 40 minutes the event itself takes, you're already close to 1h30 for one race. I myself spent closer to 2h per event the last 3 days, just as you say - and I find it better to split the training part in two at least - that's what works best for me, having a break in between. I bet there won't be as many people racing next week.

They got the events an hour sooner this time, I suspect they do this just to see which schedule brings in more players, but the purpose is defeated by the fact everyone will be tired from the first week...

EDIT : and we can't even take a look at the rankings now...

Last edited:
Guys, it’s not a test for us. There’s nothing to do with schedule or our opinions about training sessions. They’re collecting data from a lot of races. They’ll probably notice some strange edge cases and fine tune matchmaking, DR and SR progression, BoP...

Guys, it’s not a test for us. There’s nothing to do with schedule or our opinions about training sessions. They’re collecting data from a lot of races. They’ll probably notice some strange edge cases and fine tune matchmaking, DR and SR progression, BoP...

They have daily races for that, this will be a test of the things unique to the FIA competition so that when the proper season comes around it's running as it should. So they will hopefully be looking at the points system, qualifying, what cars/tracks work well, participation levels each day, etc.

I don't enjoy having these events everyday as well, weekly is the ideal period to me. But since they're still testing things, it makes sense these being daily atm.

When the real thing is ready, id like to be weekly races. I practically quit the daily races nowadays. Don't have time to practice for the FIA races and daily races. So atm im focusing on FIA's.

I have to say tho, having daily championship races is really stressing. I know im not obligated to do them, but my competitive side does not allow me to not do them.

Figured they would do this again based on some of the issues we've seen. I don't think we should worry about the real ones being paced like this.

I'm sure they are actively making adjustments to the servers, figuring out bugs, and also doing some balancing. Only way to check all that is to have people use it. And they probably have a expected start date for first official season, they need to squeeze in and fix these issues ASAP.

Shouldn't feel pressured to do every race, or even finish well, but it would be helpful to them if you played maybe 1 race a night. Plus, only your top 3 finishes count anyway so just pick 3 races you think would be fun.

those 3 dailies,just focus only one of them. You dont need to race all of them.

And for me who are worried about DR getting dropped, I only choose the track and car combo that I felt most comfortable with.

For example, I only rave gr3 at Alsace Village because I have more chance of top 5 versus another 2 dailies.

Back