GT Sport's New Time Trial Mode Immediately Plagued By Cheating

Will we soon get red'n'white concrete blocks all along the track on both sides ? Sorry people, right now it's hard to show anything but sarcasm :crazy: ...

It's not cheating as such - GTS has a bugged track and a bunch of people have found it, used it, demonstrated to others and the media, and in doing so alerted PD to the problem. Honestly I don't think anybody who exploited this is under the illusion that their times will remain on the leaderboards, and as far as I'm aware this is the only way to communicate issues to PD who, for all intents and purposes, appear to be uncontactable by us mere mortals.

It'll be patched out next update, the leaderboards will be reset, and life will continue - nothing to see here, move along.

Really I think we should be thankful to these people who actively search out exploits and make them public, as this has the effect making the developers sit up, take notice and do something about it, and it also levels the playing field for everybody else.

It's not cheating as such - GTS has a bugged track and a bunch of people have found it, used it, demonstrated to others and the media, and in doing so alerted PD to the problem. Honestly I don't think anybody who exploited this is under the illusion that their times will remain on the leaderboards, and as far as I'm aware this is the only way to communicate issues to PD who, for all intents and purposes, appear to be uncontactable by us mere mortals.

It'll be patched out next update, the leaderboards will be reset, and life will continue - nothing to see here, move along.

Really I think we should be thankful to these people who actively search out exploits and make them public, as this has the effect making the developers sit up, take notice and do something about it, and it also levels the playing field for everybody else.
really it will be fixed next update because horse theif mile is was like that a year ago in Grb daily event everyone was doing the same but they was skiping last chicane and the double right turn at the end . And its a awesome way to look ridiculous at my opinion , and it is bug exploitation and they should be punish for it . 3 month without online features

Why are the players using the shortcut marked as "cheaters" ?

Obviously PD is again and again to stupid to program proper track limits (I'm a programmer myself and I can't imagine with even my strongest effort what could be that difficult at it). What a disgrace. And then they want to ban those guys who use it? Its obvious that they are not really "cheating" because everybody can see it, they are just making a joke on PD what I would do also.

I remeber Race A - races where this shortcuts have been possible also, and what did they do? Instead of taking the track out of the sportmode imediately, they brought it a few weeks later back again on race A - with still the same error!!!!!

20190801162300.jpg

Well at least PD actually fixed it relatively quickly, now I guess I may actually set my time and see how well I do since I just bought the Civic in question.

I dislike Willow Springs, not because of its lack of paved runoff areas, but because of the desert setting... Being surrounded by nothing but sand makes me feel very unwelcome...

I would easily forgive the uninspiring sets of corners if there was grass around them..

I'd easily pick Goodwood over Willow Springs any day of the week....

The desert setting along with the hot air balloons dotting the sky are some of the reasons I enjoy it more than the average player.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_8753055.html

Rankings Reset Notice (2 August)

We have confirmed an issue in the Time Trial Rankings for the currently held 'Civic Type R (EK) Super Lap / Tuning Allowed’ event wherein lap times were recorded by using shortcuts on the track. As a consequence, we have reset those rankings in order to remove the offending records.

We deeply apologise to those players who were enjoying the event in a fair manner, and hope that you will continue to support Gran Turismo Sport.

@Famine
You know what I meant.

My point is why don't bring up and/ or not question that PD repeats the shortcut failures again and again- especially on this very same track- and why then only blame the players?

The players know everybody will see it, so it can't be that serious criminal energy can it?

My point is why don't bring up and/ or not question that PD repeats the shortcut failures again and again
All games have exploitable areas, despite the best efforts of the developers who make the games. I mention this in the opening paragraph of the article. In fact it is the entire opening paragraph of the article.
and why then only blame the players?
Something that is exploitable is, in gaming parlance, "a cheat". People who use these exploits are, in gaming parlance, "cheaters". The act of using these exploits is, in gaming parlance, "cheating".

I don't think anyone said anything about blame, or crimes. This shortcut is a cheat, using it is cheating, the people who use it are cheaters.

PD has now fixed the shortcut/exploit/cheat and reset the rankings so that the cheaters are not ranked with the people not cheating. There'll be an article on that in due course too.

I don't understand how Polyphony just noticed this mistake just now this shortcut was already being used in Sport Mode I remember a daily race with a Mazda Roadster on this circuit and the players did it too.

So much so that everyone is guilty, who ever since the first GT has cut their way or made any excuses to cut off the Fuji Speedway 90's GT4 chicane, because if you never did it, you're not human, you're a machine

"This is why we can’t have nice things."
For those still using dualshock 4 these time trials is not a very good thing for me

Last edited:
Unsurprised. However, while the 911 Turbo at the 'Ring is fresh brats, tangy sauerkraut, and cold pils, a Civic at SOW is like instant ramen. In general, I think GTS's track limits are overly generous, everywhere.

Do the barriers move if you hit them? I'm not able to run the game up right now to see for myself. It's just that FM7 had a similar thing with tracks with multiple layouts, and you could do the fastest lap time by using several laps to first move all the barriers out of the way, then drive straight through the fastest route.

Because you’re spoiled by formulaic Tilke-o-dromes with paved runoffs at every corner that cost you nothing for a mistake.

Willow Springs (just like Goodwood) is one of the very few historic raceways still unchanged since the golden era of racing. It’s a goddamn legend. If you refuse to learn the track you have no one to blame but yourself for your discontentment.
I'm still interested in meeting the trees at Crystal Palace

Quite simple and basic. They are cheating.

The first 1-2 exploit-miner puts it up, OK, thank you. (I mean PD can thank them for the unpaid work, which they missed out, or maybe "cheated" out - as it was well paid. :) And the hundreds of others after the exploit revealed? Deadsimple, raw, cheap cheaters. Nothing more.
And it is also a shame that there's no consequences, no real bans. BTW, more accounts for the same person is also cheating. Regardless of the shiny, good-sounding explanations.

I'd be really curious why on earth these track-limits-thing is a question at all. Continuous white lines on both sides, seems not rocket-science.

Do the barriers move if you hit them? I'm not able to run the game up right now to see for myself. It's just that FM7 had a similar thing with tracks with multiple layouts, and you could do the fastest lap time by using several laps to first move all the barriers out of the way, then drive straight through the fastest route.

Nope, they're solid.

AND NOW WE WAIT.....

to see who is the first to figure out which cone will allow them to use it as a hop, skip, & jump over that barrier. :lol:

I'm actually interested to see if this is possible. To the point I'd prefer anyone who can manage it to keep their time :lol:

There are a number of people in the 'Daily Race Discussion' who are quite adept at jumping in GTSport.

I'm not sure, but in the daily race B region of Europe they said there were people enjoying the curve jumping with the car from turn 3 to turn 5?

Back