GT Sport's New Time Trial Mode Immediately Plagued By Cheating

UKGTP.png

It's a Civic... it's the wrong generation, but it's a Civic... @VEXD?

And you can't jump the barriers, no. Generally if a camera in walk mode can't go there, you can't get a car there - and you can get the camera right up to either side of all the barriers but not over/past them.

Yeah, that’s what I figured. Oh well, it was a fun thought for a few minutes. I’ll still give it a try later on anyways just for chits and giggles though. :)

Quite simple and basic. They are cheating.

The first 1-2 exploit-miner puts it up, OK, thank you. (I mean PD can thank them for the unpaid work, which they missed out, or maybe "cheated" out - as it was well paid. :) And the hundreds of others after the exploit revealed? Deadsimple, raw, cheap cheaters. Nothing more.
And it is also a shame that there's no consequences, no real bans. BTW, more accounts for the same person is also cheating. Regardless of the shiny, good-sounding explanations.

I'd be really curious why on earth these track-limits-thing is a question at all. Continuous white lines on both sides, seems not rocket-science.

Why on earth would you want bans for people who simply did what the game allowed them to do - It's not as if this tactic was secret, and was open for all to give it a try. Sure it's not in the spirit of the game, but really the blame for this lies not with the people who did it, but with PD who left this massive hole in the track.

It's not really cheating if the game allows everybody to do it. What I would define as cheating is if somebody modified or augmented the game to get the upper hand, much like those "aimbots" that plagued FPS games for some time. in such a case an online ban would be justified, but for this absolutely not.

It's not really cheating if the game allows everybody to do it. What I would define as cheating is if somebody modified or augmented the game to get the upper hand, much like those "aimbots" that plagued FPS games for some time.
Cheats are exploits within the game code. Hacks (or, for most people that use them, scripts from hacks) are exploits from modifying the game code.

what the game allowed them to do
I understand your point, but my opinion is different.
Is it really a question for anybody, where the track is and where we are intended to drive? I don't think so. If we are driving outside the track (intentionally), that's a clear abuse, especially in a time trial event.
If the game didn't shoot them immediately, that means the game allowed? I don't think so.
If you are standing in front of me, and you spit on my shoes, that's not a nice thing even if I'm not wearing a "don't spit on my shoes" label, and even if I'm not punching you in return. Maybe there's no word about spitting in my EULA, but both of us know exactly that my shoe is not the proper place for your spit - sorry for this example, I hope you know what I mean ;)

Honestly, it is just pathetic that people cheat in video games. I've just never understood the mindset. Where is the joy in winning something by cheating? Obviously you know you aren't as good as the other competitors so what is the point? I just don't get how anyone gets any satisfaction out of winning this way. I would be ashamed of it.

There are places on tracks where you can have all 4 wheels off the track and the game doesn't dirty your lap, e.g. the final chicane at Suzuka. There are people who argue it's cheating to drive to the track limit in those places, as you should always have 2 wheels on the track. But it's simply pointless adopting that mindset. What are you going to do in races? Silently fume in annoyance at drivers who "cheat" by your personal standards but not by the rules of the game? The rules of the game are surely that the game specifies the track limits and that's that, those are what you drive to. Play to the whistle. So I don't see the people this thread referred to as cheats, as they were driving to the track limits as defined by the game. If everyone on the entire leaderboard took that approach and drove to the limits as they exist, the same people would be around the top and bottom of the leaderboard. The problem isn't the people driving to the limits, the problem is the people who expect people to follow arbitrary limits that meet their own personal standards but are completely undefined in the game. This is simply not a viable approach - who would define those arbitrary tighter limits and who would enforce them? The problem in this case was entirely one of the game defining limits that most people regard as not being where we would expect them to be for this track. The blame for that lies solely with the makers of the game.

There are places on tracks where you can have all 4 wheels off the track and the game doesn't dirty your lap, e.g. the final chicane at Suzuka. There are people who argue it's cheating to drive to the track limit in those places, as you should always have 2 wheels on the track. But it's simply pointless adopting that mindset. What are you going to do in races? Silently fume in annoyance at drivers who "cheat" by your personal standards but not by the rules of the game? The rules of the game are surely that the game specifies the track limits and that's that, those are what you drive to. Play to the whistle. So I don't see the people this thread referred to as cheats, as they were driving to the track limits as defined by the game. If everyone on the entire leaderboard took that approach and drove to the limits as they exist, the same people would be around the top and bottom of the leaderboard. The problem isn't the people driving to the limits, the problem is the people who expect people to follow arbitrary limits that meet their own personal standards but are completely undefined in the game. This is simply not a viable approach - who would define those arbitrary tighter limits and who would enforce them? The problem in this case was entirely one of the game defining limits that most people regard as not being where we would expect them to be for this track. The blame for that lies solely with the makers of the game.
While I fully agree with your last sentence, I find it especially brave to call "arbitrary" and "own personal standards" the things which based upon real life standards, when we are speaking about a wanna-be-sim game, and we are about driving, on tracks such as Suzuka, and not on Polyphonica or Playstationka. I don't see any arbitrary in _behaving_ even online, even faceless, even in virtual circumstances.

I still wanted to know about the you tuber Super GT livestream that I posted a few pages ago he cheated in live, or just because he is you tuber he can be forgiven ?

While I fully agree with your last sentence, I find it especially brave to call "arbitrary" and "own personal standards" the things which based upon real life standards, when we are speaking about a wanna-be-sim game, and we are about driving, on tracks such as Suzuka, and not on Polyphonica or Playstationka. I don't see any arbitrary in _behaving_ even online, even faceless, even in virtual circumstances.
I just mean that if you asked everyone to define exactly where they should be and what exactly would constitute violating them, you would get some variation in answers, so in that sense they are arbitrary personal standards. Not so long ago there was a massive effort undertaken in FM7 to define new track limits to solve all this once and for all and immediately lots of people said they had put some of the limits in the "wrong" places.

Well silly me and all other racers in thinking track limits end at the kerb edge, all those racers from the early days of racing where track limits were hay baies so all those guys were doing it wrong? They should have just shoved the bales out of the way as the silly organisers did not fix them down. Come on lads i just made a short cut!

Yes it's a video game but for **** sake take some personal responsibility and drive on the track where YOU know you should be!

@Slapped judging by the fact you keep trying to justify the cheating, you probably have been cheating
Say I’m wrong, but I think you have been using this exploit yourself
In which case... Don’t try justifying cheating. Don’t. It’s a waste of time

Pure laziness by PD. I thought culturally the Japanese were more meticulous then this. I get it if this was a Chinese, Indian or English game, but c'mon. Please don't get all triggered by that. PD has done a lower than average job on their online events and I don't think anyone could argue otherwise. Not meaning to start a border war, but we should expect better than that and we should be disappointed when we receive less.

I think an open discussion could only lead to improvement.

ps I hope I didn't evoke any TOS violations. Just one mans opinion in a world filled by them.

Pure laziness by PD. I thought culturally the Japanese were more meticulous then this. I get it if this was a Chinese, Indian or English game, but c'mon.

Not meaning to start a border war, but we should expect better than that and we should be disappointed when we receive less.

Just one mans opinion in a world filled by them.
Its already fixed.

And that statement is wholly unnecessary. Held one expectation too high and led to disappointment. And latch it into some nationality wont help you by a long, long shot.

Why so much talk .

Just ban them forever , simple.

And just don't start with excuses like , they're good folks ,they were just exploiting limits etc...

Well , you can do that freely offline for yourself , just do not bring that **** online and ruin other folks efforts.

it may sound harsh , but for god sake I just cannot understand attitude of cheaters - so you cheat to be #1 or whatever , but you know by yourself you didn't deserve it > is there any pride and joy in that ?

Well silly me and all other racers in thinking track limits end at the kerb edge, all those racers from the early days of racing where track limits were hay baies so all those guys were doing it wrong? They should have just shoved the bales out of the way as the silly organisers did not fix them down. Come on lads i just made a short cut!
Given that real life racing drivers have been known to ram other cars into retirement to win a world championship, I'm pretty sure they'd have been willing to shove a hay bale out of the way if it would allow them to win and they wouldn't get penalised for it. They drive to the defined limits, they don't drive to some other self-determined more restrictive limit and complain that those who drive to the defined limits are cheating.

I haven't personally set a time in this event, and if I had done, I probably wouldn't have driven the shortest line, because I'd feel bad about it, but that's just me being weak. Same as I don't do the "touch and drive off the track to give someone a penalty" thing, but I don't see it as cheating when someone does it to me because it's a mechanism the game provides, they're just making use of it. I could use it if I wanted, but I choose not to, and that's my problem, not anyone else's.

Given that real life racing drivers have been known to ram other cars into retirement to win a world championship, I'm pretty sure they'd have been willing to shove a hay bale out of the way if it would allow them to win and they wouldn't get penalised for it. They drive to the defined limits, they don't drive to some other self-determined more restrictive limit and complain that those who drive to the defined limits are cheating.

I haven't personally set a time in this event, and if I had done, I probably wouldn't have driven the shortest line, because I'd feel bad about it, but that's just me being weak. Same as I don't do the "touch and drive off the track to give someone a penalty" thing, but I don't see it as cheating when someone does it to me because it's a mechanism the game provides, they're just making use of it. I could use it if I wanted, but I choose not to, and that's my problem, not anyone else's.

it is not a mecanism given to the game it is a bug/exploit that is there and unscruplous ppl abuse it! you and the ppl like you who say its there to be used are just wrong it's there but not by design it's a bug that needs fixing not abusing. there is something you have to go through in this game before you can race online and one is called Ettiquette, have a read up but generally it means you dont do things that you know is wrong. case in point for both things, you know are wrong so it should not be done!

this game is supposed to be a sim you know it, i know it and the whole GTSport player base knows it but it seems in all sectors there are those who exploit, those who say it's the devs fault so should be used and then those who want to play the game for what it is and what we want it to be.

it's about doing your best within limits, and erm driving in the wilderness to cut out a section of track is not ettiquette or how racing is done. there is a track with tarmac and kerbs, beyond that is out of bounds but i guess unless you put up big flourecent banners up i guess some have no clue what a limit is.

if you want arcade racing there are plenty out there, i suggest the crew 1 as the crew 2 is crapola.

@Slapped judging by the fact you keep trying to justify the cheating, you probably have been cheating
Say I’m wrong, but I think you have been using this exploit yourself
In which case... Don’t try justifying cheating. Don’t. It’s a waste of time

Nope, I don't go online, and I've never even driven that track in GTS.

To jump to those conclusions and accuse me of cheating is somewhat off, especially when you consider I simply pointed out that the game allowed this without technically exploiting any glitches.

Honestly I don't know why everybody is so up in arms about this, it's just a bloody video game.

Sorry folks, my mistake. That should have gone out (a lot) earlier, but I didn't notice it hadn't.

Latest Posts

Back