GT Sport's New Tokyo Track: One Lap With European Champion Mikail Hizal

The commentator race was separate, and a day earlier, and on the stream.

@SlipZtrEm is underplaying how poor the media race was. The standard, given that the media there were essentially all gaming and motoring, and at by invitation, was abysmal. Strong boost and no penalties - the guy on pole was 2s faster than the finalists and 3.5s faster than us... because he was wallriding the whole way. Come the race you were basically dodging bullets - the no-marks driving most of the cars were just piling into every corner at max chat, and then the strong boost meant they were right back on you at the next corner.

It would have been terrible if it was a griefer lobby in GTA5. Media representatives at a GT Sport event? Nah.

Oh, yeah. Commentators and Media are 2 different things. ^^
Anyway, on stream? It's not on youtube. Was it streamed only on FB or Twitter?

From what you just described, it was a good thing the media race was nowhere to be seen. :D

Really Fast Track, as everything free....this one is also welcome. Anyway, not to be polemic anymore I guess GTS needs to be more various, still don’t have a track for go-kart races as Gt6, no snow tracks, no tracks for drag races. Really hope so the Rally Cars would be replaced by real cars. So cross our fingers and hope we’ll see (not more) but (better contents).

I Think that the Tokyo Circuit will Return at Christmas in December.That`s a Good Idea ;).It Should be Like the Tokyo Circuit from Previous Gran Turismo
Games.

I'm grateful to Poly for all these new cars and tracks. Instead of bringing only past premium cars, they bring for free a car scanned after the release (FuguZ), Though, I have only one question about the new tracks: why not a classic track from GT? Probably some are too complicated for the PS4 hardware (the famous tree tunnels or the very close walls like Trial Mountain which supposed high def textures.) But something like Autumn Ring, Apricot Hill or Midfield Raceway? They look pretty basic IMO
I hope we won't have to wait the next GT for a classic track.

I Think that the Tokyo Circuit will Return at Christmas in December.That`s a Good Idea ;).
It is coming in the December update. This was confirmed in the live stream...
It Should be Like the Tokyo Circuit from Previous Gran Turismo
Games.
It's nothing like Tokyo circuits in previous Gran Turismo games. This is confirmed by watching the video in the news article that this is the comments thread for...

I have two teories about the lack of classic GT tracks:

1: PD wants the tracks to follow general track regulations,Kaz commented once that some parts of Trial Mountain were out of place in a simgame track(like those Rock formations that serve as the track wall)

2:The tracks aren't on top of PD's priorities and they might bring the classics for a special date(i thought it would be the 1 year anniversary,maybe the second year anniversary)

I cannot be the only thinking, awesome feature.. lets see more of these from our GTPlanet stars, do a lap on a any track (in different Car categories), and then talk us through it.

I always avoid the street tracks in GTS, but wow seeing someone on the limit like this make me appreciate the technical skills required on what is a very unforgiven track.. This part.. full speed, sliding through the turns at full speed and then hitting the correct braking point.. impressive..

That hand signal he gave reminded me of Captain Picard's "engage" on Star Trek TNG. Warp factor 9!

I tend to find the tight city tracks way more immersive than the real, or original one with super wide roads.

Cornering and handling the apex in this circuit looks very fun (as scene in the video), especially with the Gr.1 cars.

1: PD wants the tracks to follow general track regulations,Kaz commented once that some parts of Trial Mountain were out of place in a simgame track(like those Rock formations that serve as the track wall)

2:The tracks aren't on top of PD's priorities and they might bring the classics for a special date(i thought it would be the 1 year anniversary,maybe the second year anniversary)

Maybe when alot of the real world circuits have been dished out...it seems to be a priority since its an E Sports based game under FIA.

However, if you play the old GT's those circuits tend to be narrow with tall surrounding terrains, design which seems to be based of the PS1 era, despite that you can see how the new original circuits has a complete different approach with wide terrains, small trees plotted everywhere with wide roads and all.

Just as Kaz said, "those tracks will need alot of re-designing and its not as easy as it seems"

Last edited:
Oh well - this is another track I'll almost never be driving. Don't get me wrong, I think PD did a great job on other fictional tracks such as Sainte-Croix, Lago Maggiore and Dragon Trail (now, after half a year of experience with the Gardens layout, I actually like that one too) (and I love the addition of Barcelona, one of my very favorite real world tracks) - but Tokyo Expressway is so useless and... so lifeless to drive. I never understood why they replaced the classic Route 246 with these boring 'speeder' motorways. PD has already proven to be more creative than this - so - why another layout of this crap?

Last edited:
Altough I understand that PD doesn't want to be involved in supporting illegal street racing and therefor doesn't use real Tokyo highways like the C1 or the Wangan, I think the current Tokyo tracks, and this one in particular, are a bit too generic. In the end the diiving experience matters, and this south course actually looks like fun, but I miss things like the Tokyo Tower, Skytree, Rainbow Bridge in the background to bring in that Tokyo flair. That would have been an option even with ficitonal tracks.

1 is true. But I think the classic tracks will return in Gran Turismo 7 for Playstation 5 oder GT7 Prologue ;-)
Can't wait for Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Autumn Ring, the Special Stage courses and Grand Valley

I tend to find the tight city tracks way more immersive than the real, or original one with super wide roads.

Cornering and handling the apex in this circuit looks very fun (as scene in the video), especially with the Gr.1 cars.

Maybe when alot of the real world circuits have been dished out...it seems to be a priority since its an E Sports based game under FIA.

However, if you play the old GT's those circuits tend to be narrow with tall surrounding terrains, design which seems to be based of the PS1 era, despite that you can see how the new original circuits has a complete different approach with wide terrains, small trees plotted everywhere with wide roads and all.

Just as Kaz said, "those tracks will need alot of re-designing and its not as easy as it seems"

Deep Forest would be painful to race in GTSport,so many fast corners with elevation changes i can totally see the whole grid spinning at any part of the track

Altough I understand that PD doesn't want to be involved in supporting illegal street racing and therefor doesn't use real Tokyo highways like the C1 or the Wangan

Wait what?How could they be supporting illegal racing?Those tracks are all closed with various racetrack signs and Marshalls,it's obviously a racetrack.

The kind of thing I can never pull off with a DS4 even if I'm driving on cockpit view
Well sir, according to many here, you're just not good enough. Ha-ha.

That's not me mocking you in any way. That's me just getting cheeky at the volume of players that refute the steering wheels are just that bit better.

I completely disagree as you may imagine, but hey-ho.

Deep Forest would be painful to race in GTSport,so many fast corners with elevation changes i can totally see the whole grid spinning at any part of the track

Wait what?How could they be supporting illegal racing?Those tracks are all closed with various racetrack signs and Marshalls,it's obviously a racetrack.

I'm dying for those circuits

But, a concern is if they're redesigned it may not have that nostalgic feel. Other than that think of how much of a pain SSR11 would be due to the complex layout despite its beauty / nostalgia.

As a fan of Tokyo Xtreme Racer, the more Tokyo expressway, the more I like. Since Genki hasn't made a game in years utilizing the whole Shutoku Highway system, I rather it appear in other games.

Not tight enough to be Macau :lol:
It's the closest I'm going to get.

Also, pit entry seems fine. The lower part of the roadway, before the pits, Looked like a possible place for pit lane. Would suck if a car did stall at the Start/Finish line, but hey, interesting that they're that far from each other.

Back