GT Sport's Next Content Update is On Its Way

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,712 comments
Sunset in france is currently around 9:45... I fail to see the problem?
Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 06.58.59.png

After afternoon is evening just to note above, and it ends at sunset when evening (or night) begins.
So is there's no logic in what PD have done unfortunately.

I'm 99% sure they'll add night theme later on...can someone check please are the exhaust flames back on ps4 pro and 4k tv?

Because the sun sets at 10pm? :dunce:

Yes it sets then, but until then it is officially considered afternoon. So 9pm, which is before 10pm, before sunset, should be considered afternoon, not evening. Evening comes after sunset. I know 9pm by normal standards is evening, but I smirk when I see this.

Anyway, nascarfan's stream is going pretty nicely, showing off some the new cars and Le Mans. Just look at how beautiful this is, I think it's amazing how life like it looks (not best quality cos it's from the stream) FLYBY FTW!!!

Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 07.14.07.png

K32
Question... how can 22:00 (10pm) be sunset and not be dark, while 21:00 (9pm) is evening? I hope this is not PD's excuse to get out of a night version...
View attachment 739547

Central European Summer Time.

Edit: And I wouldn’t say that afternoon is between noon and sunset, I’d say that it’s between noon and evening and that evening starts around 6pm. If I’ll meet someone at 9pm in the summer I say “see you in the evening” rather than “see you in the afternoon”.

Last edited:
You're only giving me more ammunition. Read closely. The fact that PD are going to try balancing the long-tails, which are suited for low-downforce Le Mans, to be comparable in performance to the likes of the 2016 Audi R18 e-tron, which appears in high-downforce configuration, on high-downforce tracks, outside Le Mans, means the BoP will be completely unrealistic. Even if the Group C's were comparable to the LMP1s, at Le Mans, thanks to them racing in low-downforce/high-speed configuration instead of the high-downforce/lower-speed configuration of the LMP1s, if there was any realism, they would get annihilated on any other track like Maggiore, Brands Hatch or Suzuka, because those tracks require high downforce.

Now let's put the whole lap-time debate to rest, once and for all, with the next part.

I don't like using another game as an example but, because data for other tracks is hard to procure and each data set may have been recorded under different conditions, I'll use lap-times recorded, by AI, in Assetto Corsa, regarded as a proper simulation, in which conditions can be controlled and consistently replicated. This data comes from a thread, here on the GTPlanet forums. You can find it here to check for yourself. Assetto Corsa contains, lucky for us, both Group C cars and modern LMP1s.

The track used was Road America, not as fast a track as Le Mans, but still considered a speed circuit, reducing the disadvantage of the Group C cars. Remember: AI laps, no variations caused by a human driving. Cars driving on identical conditions, on identical tires (modern soft slicks), with the AI set to an identical skill level and no other BoP. The cars are raw. Now, let's look at the numbers:

Fastest LMP1 lap (by the 2016 Porsche 919 Hybrid): 1:47.4
Fastest Group C lap (by the Porsche 962C Long Tail): 1:59.0

Group C, identical everything, 11.6 seconds off the pace. I don't care how much you love your Group C, the fact is they are not a match for modern LMP1 around your average circuit and, in order to correct such an imbalance, the only, non-artificial, way would be to create a new class entirely. Deal with it.
Ha ha. You were the one presenting false data in the first place with laptimes that don't apply the the cars in the game. Did you realise the the gap between the '10 908 and the '16 cars is bigger that the one between Group C and LMP1.

Anyway the Group C cars and LMP1 cars are in GR.1 specification anyway.

Back