GT Sport's Next Content Update is On Its Way

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,712 comments
You know, people are absolutely upset about Le Mans not having a night mode, yet no one really said a thing about the Nordschleife lacking one.
The Nürburgring Nordschleife 24h configuration has a night setting. It's very well done which makes the lack of night at Circuit de la Sarthe all the more frustrating.

From what I've seen in screenshots the circuit looks amazing though. One annoying work day to get through...

The struggling is real for GTS not having dynamic time changes. See if PD can deliver those for next title. As for weather conditions, remember in Honda VGT reveal trailer we have a glimpse of light rain in Suzuka? They might still need time working on it in my opinion.

Well you have a point there, but I'm sure the are people with rustle jimmies over it because many people prefer that over the 24h.

I think the fact that the Nurb 24h has a night setting makes it more inexplicable why Le Mans does not. I mean I was watching Le Mans 24h as a kid long before I'd even heard of the Nurburgring, let alone that it had a 24 hour race. Le Mans is THE iconic 24 hour race, that's why people are upset about it. And the fact that the precedent was already set with Nurb.

I hope they can add it in later, but afaik they've never added TODs after the fact.

Gotta love PD. :mad:

I hope the delay isn't too long. This update deleted all the thumbnails in my garage. I get a message that says "garage data is being updated" every time I go to the garage. The cars are there still, just no pics. I sure hope when the servers come back up they reappear.
Some of mine haven't, even if I drive them.:indiff:

I hope the delay isn't too long. This update deleted all the thumbnails in my garage. I get a message that says "garage data is being updated" every time I go to the garage. The cars are there still, just no pics. I sure hope when the servers come back up they reappear.
All of my thumbnails in my garage are gone, but now they are slowly coming back, what I did was just stayed in my garage and do nothing for 30 seconds and they slowly appeared.

All my cars are visible.

Le Mans in VR mode (PS4 PRO) looks a bit strange, not a single spectator and no marshalers next to the track.
And the huge 24hr MICHELIN sign next to the start grid is missing and many other details.

Well that's weird...I took the Alpine 1600S '72 out on Alsace, because someone was effusive about a tire model change I didn't notice. The car immediately felt much easier to handle than before, less likely for the back to come out and maybe less weight transfer? I always run time trial with RSS tires no matter the car, but ran with RH this time. I beat my previous record by 10 seconds, and that was with a couple of sloppy corners. wtf?? Maybe they did do something to the tires after all...

Also, maybe I just never noticed on Alsace before, but I was driving on the Dawn TOD and all of the arrow turn signs on corners were reflective. Was that always the case?

Le Mans looks amazing.

8a4GranTurismoSPORT2018.png

7d5GranTurismoSPORT2018.png

c12GranTurismoSPORT2018.png

Well that's weird...I took the Alpine 1600S '72 out on Alsace, because someone was effusive about a tire model change I didn't notice. The car immediately felt much easier to handle than before, less likely for the back to come out and maybe less weight transfer? I always run time trial with RSS tires no matter the car, but ran with RH this time. I beat my previous record by 10 seconds, and that was with a couple of sloppy corners. wtf?? Maybe they did do something to the tires after all...

Also, maybe I just never noticed on Alsace before, but I was driving on the Dawn TOD and all of the arrow turn signs on corners were reflective. Was that always the case?

Make sure you had the same set up.

It sounds like you may had a different Power setup on the car or sumn if you're running 10s faster on a harder compound. Either that or you know the track a little better now.

Well, lets see what we have here:

Starting off, we have the 2016 Clio as a (technically) new car to the series. The rest of the cars are returning vehicles from Gran Turismo 5/6.

Of particular note are the Nissan R92CP, which were previously only available as standard models. Given that those models date back to Gran Turismo 4, all of their reference data, measurements, etc are inaccurate and not usable, given the change in modeling methods between GT4 and GT5. Thus, these cars would have had to been made from scratch.

The rest of the cars were premium models, and while they probably reused data and reference materials from GT5/6, they are still new meshes. Not "recycled" as you suggested.

The return of Le Mans was inevitable, simply being that it is a very iconic track and that many people were whining asking for it to return. Once the update arrives people will be able to compare it to it's GT5 incarnation. I'm sure there's been some improvements since then.

So of all the content included in this update. The closest to be "recycled" would be the Clio, which is frankly a choice I'm not fond of.

View attachment 739501

I have proved PD reused the meshes of old cars . That horse is long dead.

So is that why GR 2 only has THREE cars ?
Gr C could be it's own thing..

As seen in these games and the real world, you can create a category with just one car... whats the F1500TA?

I'd be happy with a new Gr.C class.

Also in the real world you see things like the DTM where its just BMW 3 vs Audi A4 vs. Merc C saloons.

Right now I left my ps4 on while waiting for the servers to come back on... I'm scared my garage will get scrambled if I turn off.

As we wait for maintenance.... just reminds me how bad the A.I. is in this game.

Could someone tell me the point of having really slow A.I. even on professional? I generally race online, but it would be nice to have some competitive offline races like in Assetto Corsa.

Back