GT Sport's Next Update Arrives This Week, Brings Cars, Tracks, and Rain

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess all three "TBA" rounds of the Manufacturer Series are going to be at Sardegna. I mean, I know there's 3 variants but, for the official season, three races at one location is a bit overkill in my opinion.

I'm kind of "been there, done that" about the new additions to Sardegna. For once I would just like to see an original circuit that isn't surrounded by Mediterranean scenery. Original circuits from older GT titles are so overdue - SSRX doesn't cut it.

Some people argue that “sport” only involves purpose-built racing cars. Not sure why.
That part strikes bit weird to me. Some people actually believe that the "Sport" part is now irrelevant because they add mostly road cars? (GTRoad?).

I meant it is not called GTRacing, its GTSport. You could slap some random normal cars to race against each other and still calls it "Motorsport". The car itself isn't a racing car, but that's the point.

Last edited:
So I guess all three "TBA" rounds of the Manufacturer Series are going to be at Sardegna. I mean, I know there's 3 variants but, for the official season, three races at one location is a bit overkill in my opinion.

...doesn't need to be like that, maybe more tracks will come up until those rounds

I'm kind of "been there, done that" about the new additions to Sardegna. For once I would just like to see an original circuit that isn't surrounded by Mediterranean scenery. Original circuits from older GT titles are so overdue - SSRX doesn't cut it.

Need more city circuits. They're always unique in architecture and colour pallet.

...oh Tidgney, don't you see, it is all about rain rofl

Haha I know :P!

Well for those interested and in case it hasn't been posted. One unique feature we experienced at the live event was that if the game awarded you a penalty it told you why you got that penalty. E.g. Exceeding track limits would flash underneath the penalty for a little while. I thought this was nice and would help a little into understanding why you got a penalty. Not sure what it says if you get sent to Narnia (I hope it says that but I doubt it) :D.

Since gt3 every GT game ends for me in frustration of indoctrinating tendency from PD.
I wanna have fun and not forced to take penalties in a special penalty zone. (In the next lap.)

If this was gt 7 and not the new sport set up I wouldn't even bother buying the game.
Because of this kind of BS in the game.
I only got it because it was online based and 30 euro
Although I had some good races but online is just 75% crap.

Well for those interested and in case it hasn't been posted. One unique feature we experienced at the live event was that if the game awarded you a penalty it told you why you got that penalty. E.g. Exceeding track limits would flash underneath the penalty for a little while. I thought this was nice and would help a little into understanding why you got a penalty. Not sure what it says if you get sent to Narnia (I hope it says that but I doubt it) :D.
That's awesome! Totally missed that in the broadcast

Since gt3 every GT game ends for me in frustration of indoctrinating tendency from PD.
I wanna have fun and not forced to take penalties in a special penalty zone. (In the next lap.)

If this was gt 7 and not the new sport set up I wouldn't even bother buying the game.
Because of this kind of BS in the game.
I only got it because it was online based and 30 euro
Although I had some good races but online is just 75% crap.

Sounds like your problem would be solved if you stopped getting penalties...

Disappointed but not surprised that Rain isn't in on this Update If It doesn't land in the morning I won't be surprised.

Clearly It's Just not ready yet to be introduced fully. I'm sure the GTP Staff & Media alike will be surprised It's not on in for those especially that attended the 24HR Event over the weekend. But like others have said above GT & Polyphony never like to announce their plans for content which is a shame but at the same basis I can't really complain as all the content is free & That always keeps me coming back to the game for more.

PD could implement something like FM7 did with track limits, so people can actually see where PD strange track limits are :)

Looking forward to "you were murdered by xxxx"...

About the rain or lack of, I was just wondering if it was just like driving on ice or if the feeling was different from the typical implementation of wet weather racing in games.

Really hope the Sports 800 can change wheels. If we're stuck with those stock wheel covers... yessh
The car's wheels are 12 inches in diameter which most likely means you won't be able to change the wheels. I don't mind it too much because you can still paint them and I kinda like the stock hubcaps.

--

Although no rain, I'm still hella excited for this update. The Z28 sounded really great in the trailer! The cars were nice choices to be included and I can't wait to try them out!

Well let's not jump to conclusions about the rain. I don't think PD will advertise a wet variation of an existing circuit like a new one.

Reactions: Qyn
I would love to see PD communicate what they are doing a little better. Instead of these corny teasers after stuff is already leaked. Did we really need the silly silhouettes after the leak? Then the rain issue. It's a pretty big feature if it does get added...why not just say, "it's still in development but we wanted to show you what we are working on for a future update" OR "It's definitely in the next update".

Is that so hard? It's a horrible characteristic of this developer.

It's really annoying the way they don't communicate.

Wow lmao everything that was leaked has nothing to do with PD. They are completely fine with what they're doing.

Imagine thinking that if something was leaked it's the developers fault for not including it or talking about it? So glad I don't frequent this place if you're the kind of person who gets likes on his comments. Don't reply I'm not going to read that trash

Disappointed but not surprised that Rain isn't in on this Update If It doesn't land in the morning I won't be surprised.

Clearly It's Just not ready yet to be introduced fully. I'm sure the GTP Staff & Media alike will be surprised It's not on in for those especially that attended the 24HR Event over the weekend. But like others have said above GT & Polyphony never like to announce their plans for content which is a shame but at the same basis I can't really complain as all the content is free & That always keeps me coming back to the game for more.
Looks like they're saving it for another update which may come out next month.

You know, I was under the impression that the reason why wet weather is not present in the game at launch, but is present in that license test, is because PD was taking their time with the effect to perfect it to...Whatever standard that Kaz wants.

But looking at the gameplay of it, I really can't see any difference to the effect already in the game, besides the usage of windshield wipers.

First things first> I really hate to complain about this game just because I realize it does no good but this is getting a little ridiculous. First off what happened to the post saying GT Sports next update will include rain. Not the case. Which, big picture, is not a big deal seeing how we have gone since the release without having it in game. Now by biggest grudge. I just want to say, unless its Kaz, who ever is in charge of deciding what cars should be added via update needs to be let go from PD. I get that there free but literally 85% of cars released since release, have no business being in a sim that claims to be all about racing. Dont get me wrong I enjoy racing road cars more than anyone else but I feel that there needs to be a constant flow of both vintage and modern racing cars to the game, from prototype to GT4. I can assure you the number of people who would choose a 03 Audi TT Quattro 3.2 over a modern racing car in GT Sport is a very very small number. I dont think there has been more than 3-5 racing cars added since updates.

THANK.
YOU.

THIS has been my issue for months now. The fact that the mayority of the race cars in GTS are insanely outdated is ridiculous compared to every other racing game right now.

First things first> I really hate to complain about this game just because I realize it does no good but this is getting a little ridiculous. First off what happened to the post saying GT Sports next update will include rain. Not the case. Which, big picture, is not a big deal seeing how we have gone since the release without having it in game. Now by biggest grudge. I just want to say, unless its Kaz, who ever is in charge of deciding what cars should be added via update needs to be let go from PD. I get that there free but literally 85% of cars released since release, have no business being in a sim that claims to be all about racing. Dont get me wrong I enjoy racing road cars more than anyone else but I feel that there needs to be a constant flow of both vintage and modern racing cars to the game, from prototype to GT4. I can assure you the number of people who would choose a 03 Audi TT Quattro 3.2 over a modern racing car in GT Sport is a very very small number. I dont think there has been more than 3-5 racing cars added since updates.

THANK.
YOU.

THIS has been my issue for months now. The fact that the mayority of the race cars in GTS are insanely outdated is ridiculous compared to every other racing game right now.

As of now GT Sport’s car list is effectively 50/50 between road cars and race cars. I have to assume this is by design. It’s also absolutely unprecedented for a Gran Turismo game.

The problem is, at launch, that number was seriously skewed towards race cars, and PD has been playing catch-up ever since.

I think expecting more than 50% is unreasonable.

As of now GT Sport’s car list is effectively 50/50 between road cars and race cars. I have to assume this is by design. It’s also absolutely unprecedented for a Gran Turismo game.

The problem is, at launch, that number was seriously skewed towards race cars, and PD has been playing catch-up ever since.

I think expecting more than 50% is unreasonable.
The biggest flaw of GT Sport lol. Well, at least they're trying to live up on its name of being sport.

Rain is a headline feature, if it was in the update it’d surely be all over the trailer, and in the patch notes.

I’m disappointed, but to be fair I’m pretty sure PD didn’t say it’d be in the following update at the event. But that said, I really do think PD should be clear when showing unreleased content when it’s due to arrive - there’s been an expectation set that anything seen in a live event will be in the following update, and so far this and the X2019 has been the only things that haven’t followed such a pattern.

Rain is a headline feature, if it was in the update it’d surely be all over the trailer, and in the patch notes.

I’m disappointed, but to be fair I’m pretty sure PD didn’t say it’d be in the following update at the event. But that said, I really do think PD should be clear when showing unreleased content when it’s due to arrive - there’s been an expectation set that anything seen in a live event will be in the following update, and so far this and the X2019 has been the only things that haven’t followed such a pattern.
But the hype that was made after many sources suddenly told that rain is coming to GT Sport has really made others believe and expect that it is definitely coming in today's update. Too bad it was short lived though. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back