GT Sport's Next Update Arrives This Week, Brings Cars, Tracks, and Rain

Status
Not open for further replies.
PD really should try to reduce the overall size of the game if they can, it’s hard trying to juggle space on a 500GB console when a singular game is taking up more than a quarter of the usable space

Mine was at 72% copy right after download. I dont have the fastest internet so it likely copies more during the download since its longer. Some updates copy and some dont. I think it depends mostly on what exactly is being changed/replaced in the games data.

Copying just got done, i am about to push through the v1.40 update ... Here goes...
I am on the west coast...

Last edited:
Reactions: Qyn
IMG_20190626_222152-X2.jpg

IMG_20190626_222209-X2.jpg

IMG_20190626_222216-X2.jpg

IMG_20190626_222224-X2.jpg

IMG_20190626_222233-X2.jpg

IMG_20190626_222244-X2.jpg

No rain :(

Last edited:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_5397785.html

5. Sport Mode
 - You can now watch replays of the Top 10 Stars on the leader boards and load them as Ghost Cars for your "Qualifying Time Trial" (Daily Races) and "Free Practice" (Online Championships). Please note that during matchmaking, it will not be possible to watch replays or load Ghost Cars.

6. Physics Simulation Model
 - The transmission systems for the following cars have been adjusted:
  ・Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07 (*1) (*2)
  ・Ferrari Enzo Ferrari '02 (*1) (*2)
  ・Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 '11 (*1) (*2)
  ・Maserati Granturismo S '08 (*1)
  ・Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '09 (*2)

(*1) An explanation has been added for the default "Semi-Automatic Transmission."
 (*2) It is no longer possible to use the full "Manual Transmission" mode when using an H-pattern shifter and clutch pedal controller.

- The simulation of gear changes on cars with manual transmissions has been updated:
  ・The time required to perform gear shifts with a paddle shift when the transmission is set to [Manual] has been reduced.
  ・When quickly changing gears in full "Manual Transmission" mode, mis-shifts will occur less frequently.

- It is now more difficult to accelerate in "N" gear if certain inputs are entered.

Other Improvements and Adjustments
- The penalty judgment algorithm related to shortcuts has been updated.
- Addressed the issue during rolling starts, where certain cars would drive onto the curb and perform a wheelie.
- Addressed the issue on the Fanatec® Wheel Base, where the analog sticks (on compatible wheel rims only) would not function if the Wheel Base was not updated to the latest firmware.
- Various other issues have been addressed.

Man, Sardegna's such a bitch. So many blind corners, so few runoff, and the curbs are a death sentence. Like a mix between a rally track and a street circuit.

Reactions: Qyn
Internet connection to servers still doesn't work. Can't buy new cars. Is it working for you, guys/

nice one aware of that, but dont use it because it drives terrible... for me much more fun to be had in a 330 at sarthe or mclaren f1 at bmb

Yes, the 330 at Sarthe. Good Drive and it's easy to do it repetitively.
240k in 7 minutes

What is the earn rate with the Mclaren f1 at BMB
how many Credits in how many Minutes?

Yes, the 330 at Sarthe. Good Drive and it's easy to do it repetitively.
240k in 7 minutes

What is the earn rate with the Mclaren f1 at BMB
how many Credits in how many Minutes?

...lower then on La Sarthe, only if you pull N200 on BMB which is pretty hard

Sardegna B has amazing flow. I love it.

Edit: Just as fun in reverse!
About to try in reverse...

The flow is amazing, the downhill section is great plus the radii of the corners are tricky.

And the scenery could be the best in the game, windmills in your face, camera towers galore, with the elevation create an exciting lap!

So no BoP details published again? I believe they could do with a shake up a little.

And then there’s the 45 minutes of ‘Copying...’ after the update downloads
happy days!

I assume the speed of copying is the same for everyone regardless of internet speed? The process in general does not make sense given that most other games don't require it.
1. Yes, copying is only influenced by your HDD speed.
2. Every game does require this and PD isn't to blame here. Sony made the choice to implement the poor update system on the PS4. Obviously bigger games need more time to do an Backup of the full game and GTS is one of the biggest games out there.

Bit bummed about no rain, BUT!

Sardegna is an instant favorite of mine.

Played all layouts this morning and they are all GREAT.

Man, Sardegna's such a bitch. So many blind corners, so few runoff, and the curbs are a death sentence. Like a mix between a rally track and a street circuit.

which one or is it all ?? I tried A and it flows very well... no complaints on my side... it reminds me of Eiffel combined with Alsace...

I guess no tracks here include rains... but man i love the fog/mist at the late hours on the Nurb (i just notice now) it is sublime...

Instead of rain, can we have the Seattle course please ???!!

Shame there are no leaks on the GT website this time round again...

PD are properly on to us now with our update leak-hunting, unlike the last 2 times it happened earlier this year.

About to try in reverse...

The flow is amazing, the downhill section is great plus the radii of the corners are tricky.

And the scenery could be the best in the game, windmills in your face, camera towers galore, with the elevation create an exciting lap!
I agree. Did three different time of day in the Camaro, Shelby GT350 and Challenger, with Trans-Am set ups. This track screams Trans-Am series. Hoping someone creates one.
D-DZzE6UEAE_iHG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back