GT Sport's Next Update Arrives This Week, Brings Cars, Tracks, and Rain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I am neither excited or dissapointed about the trailer shown, cause if there is a thing I know PD are unpredictable: They can introduce rain conditions for different tracks in the patch notes as a hidden feature (I know thats being too optimistic).

Or they are further updating and improving details when they actually want to release it.

For me it does not matter, neither I encourage others to think how I think but overall I am excited this month because I finally get to buy a playstation 4 pro with what I have been saving these couple of months of work :sly:.
Also I love when the car count and track count keeps going up!

Probably would start saving for a Driving wheel too(any recommendation is welcome)...:cheers:

Tbh I am neither excited or dissapointed about the trailer shown, cause if there is a thing I know PD are unpredictable: They can introduce rain conditions for different tracks in the patch notes as a hidden feature (I know thats being too optimistic).

Or they are further updating and improving details when they actually want to release it.

For me it does not matter, neither I encourage others to think how I think but overall I am excited this month because I finally get to buy a playstation 4 pro with what I have been saving these couple of months of work :sly:.
Also I love when the car count and track count keeps going up!

Probably would start saving for a Driving wheel too(any recommendation is welcome)...:cheers:
Congrats mate! :cheers:

Two Group B Rallycross events being added, Redbull Ring maybe. Coincidence or a surprise incoming. Not holding high hopes, but it is not unheard of for GT to keep a surprise.

Just keep and eye out for more PD made liveries, new features undocumented changes, the hidden cars in the Discovery section, background sounds at race circuits, little details in each new car in the update.

Two Group B Rallycross events being added, Redbull Ring maybe. Coincidence or a surprise incoming. Not holding high hopes, but it is not unheard of for GT to keep a surprise.
That's why PD did not mention rain in the trailer: we already have Rally'cross' with rain in the game... Let's see...

Last edited:
Agree with @kembro. To be honest, I'm kinda sure one (or both) of new rounds will be in rain conditions. So far, we can only use Group B cars in game to try a rain (in missions), and for World Tour event they also used Group B cars for a race with rain. So PD will keep that path, if they will add a rain only for Group B cars again. And that would explain why they didn't mention rain in the article - because they don't really add it to the whole game, it's just a new round.
And if it's not the case, it still will be interesting to see if there's any changes in these two missions with a rain. I don't know about physics, but visuals (reflections) look different now (like two separate reflections for both headlights, not one single reflection, for example).

Oh, and the argument that this approach drives discussion about their product is equally backwards. IMHO

Backwards as it may seem, it definitely tends to do that as proven here multiple times.

Not sure what it says if you get sent to Narnia (I hope it says that but I doubt it) :D.

Maybe it says "Welcome"?

I assume the speed of copying is the same for everyone regardless of internet speed? The process in general does not make sense given that most other games don't require it.

I assume the speed of copying is the same for everyone regardless of internet speed? The process in general does not make sense given that most other games don't require it.

I'm pretty sure all games do it, but some handle it before the download itself has finished. I believe GT only takes forever thanks to the overall file size being fairly large.

29% Copying....

At this speed I will be trying the new track tomorrow after work because it's not going to finish in the next hour.

Reactions: Qyn
84% copying.....

Edit #1 - 96% copying.....

Edit #2 - Installed but server undergoing maintenance. Can’t see new content.

Last edited:
Reactions: Qyn
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back