GT Sport's Next Update Arrives This Week, Brings Cars, Tracks, and Rain

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 years post release to have rain only on Red Bull Ring would be hilariously incompetent. I’m expecting many more tracks will get weather given how long we’ve waited.

One of the drivers at the World Tour Event mentioned BoP changes that took effect in the Manufacturer competition to me.

Might be that they will apply those to the game as well and used the event to test them.

There's one feature from the live event which nobody seems to be talking about, but will be a game changer if/when implemented: revised rolling start.

It looks like instead of single file it was more of a staggered/ double file start? It'll be messy at first, but it should make the daily races & FIA races better. And it'll hopefully eliminate issues where certain tracks start you in the middle of a corner if you're at the back (Le Mans, Suzuka, Catalunya)

There's one feature from the live event which nobody seems to be talking about, but will be a game changer if/when implemented: revised rolling start.

It looks like instead of single file it was more of a staggered/ double file start? It'll be messy at first, but it should make the daily races & FIA races better. And it'll hopefully eliminate issues where certain tracks start you in the middle of a corner if you're at the back (Le Mans, Suzuka, Catalunya)

True! It looked good and made the field tighter. A good thing for the alien level, not sure if 12 cars in a 3 second pack will be super fun in the first corner of a daily race of at a midrange FIA race...

Are we definitely sure rains coming this update? Not that I want to be a buzz kill or anything :lol:. I dont know anything either before anyone asks.

We‘ll just blame you, the messenger :lol::cheers:

Last edited:
I mean, it could happen someday. The pattern is certainly there for launch tracks spawning alternate layouts via DLC, so your speculation isn't exactly a reach.
My thing with these tracks is that their in game notation indicates alternate layouts. Why would they call it Alsace-Village if there wasn’t An Alsace that wasn’t “Village” in the works? As I said, all the tracks that have gotten alternate layouts have had that notation. You can go in GTS right now and see it’s Sardegna-Windmills. These tracks are significantly easier to make than new original tracks because you don’t need to redesign a venue, just make a new track in it.

Last edited:
This update essentially confirmed the existence of 2 more track variations we are getting. We are getting variations of Colorado Springs AND Alsace.

And your comfirmed source of this is ? . . . . . . .

I will await your comfirmed official source keenly.

Suzuka, La Sarthe, Nurburgring Nord/24H and Red bull ring for me are the only circuits with Rain at the moment.
Maybe the rain is only available for GR.B class

Suzuka, La Sarthe, Nurburgring Nord/24H and Red bull ring for me are the only circuits with Rain at the moment.
Maybe the rain is only available for GR.B class

Probably right about the circuits.

As for the group B only, I think that would be a very surprising limitation!

Good to see lots of optimism in anticipation of the latest update....I just hope I don't see negativity, and critisism, if the said update doesn't bring what people are expecting this month!!

And to the previous comment about GT7 (surely on PS5) having better AI, we thought that would happen in GT2 on the PS1, then GT4 on the PS2 etc...........And in the end, the AI has been the same since GT1 from 1997 lol!! :dopey:

Don't expect super dooper AI in the next GT instalment, just because the next console will be more powerful than the PS2/3/and 4...... But of course, we all hope that it will!

Anyway, looking forward to the update, whatever it brings! :)

And your comfirmed source of this is ? . . . . . . .

I will await your comfirmed official source keenly.
I say essentially for a reason
It is speculation, and I’m using trends and quirks in the UI to justify it. No confirmed source, I personally am just 95% sure it will happen

I'll bet it's only group b and one wet track.
If its rain maybe all tracks but I really doubt that.

Don't get your hope's to high, it is still PD whe are talking about

I'll bet it's only group b and one wet track.
If its rain maybe all tracks but I really doubt that.

Don't get your hope's to high, it is still PD whe are talking about
It's gonna be like offroad tracks.

Never used in sport mode. Barely used in the campaign. Not usable in custom races with 20 cars.

I smell disappointment

I'm wondering. Do you think Mr. Yamauchi makes those silhouettes himself or has someone else do them and he just posts them?

Personally I like to believe he does them and spends hours/days trying to get the lighting just right so we can't make the cars out. :lol:

Im guessing a rain masters type of selection could be in the career mode? which would need a minimum of 3 tracks with rain if it does appear... Hopefully it will be an option like time of day and be applicable to every track but who knows? Night races with rain would be a tough but fun option too... A bit of rain and spray could make for some nice race photo captures, those rooster tails and puddle reflections could be fun to work with... Im filled with anticipation...

There was a rumor going around on a Mercialago and LFA coming to this update.

Hope it is true and not some, rumor a guy pulled out of his... since I really really want those two!
As long as it's this one:
1280px-Lamborghini_Team_Jloc_Le_Mans_2007.jpg

and this one:
97297dca5a14af7cdf461ed528cc8518-700.jpg

I'm fine with it.

(Not gonna happen, I guess.)

There was a rumor going around on a Mercialago and LFA coming to this update.

Hope it is true and not some, rumor a guy pulled out of his... since I really really want those two!
Someone wishing a car comes in an update is not a rumor. It is speculation, and based on nothing.

Im guessing a rain masters type of selection could be in the career mode? which would need a minimum of 3 tracks with rain if it does appear... Hopefully it will be an option like time of day and be applicable to every track but who knows? Night races with rain would be a tough but fun option too... A bit of rain and spray could make for some nice race photo captures, those rooster tails and puddle reflections could be fun to work with... Im filled with anticipation...
On the other hand it could simply be added to the Gr.B GT League event where it has tarmac and dirt.

Regardless i like the optimism and idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back