GT Sport's Next Update Reportedly Due August 27

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,148 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's the Advan Corolla Levin, and it's actually head lamp tape making it look weird...

tumblr_pa257xFWSN1tb1siqo1_1280.jpg

Maybe it's modelled after this specific model...

57561273_125116208671496_1894042018608867734_n.jpg

Maybe...

... maybe it's Aliens.

The early Levins had a weird grille with a flip up portion and a hard edge in the middle.
Thanks for the information, but that doesn't really change my mind. Yes, that shows the Levin with a gap, buuut it's not in the same position as the gap in the silhouette:
8c4ea39-2-jpg.845305

The gap is at the top part of the front end while the Levin's gap is further down. Not to mention the angle of front end still doesn't match the silhouette nor the curves being shown at the bottom of the headlight.

ss3
I agree. I think it’s the 156 or Nissan IDX.
Those are the only 2 cars that match the headlight shape at all

Literally no part of the silhouette matches either vehicle, except for the highlighted part reflecting light on the headlight being a mildly similar shape to the IDX LED lighting signature. All other parts are way off.

I'm so glad we have silhouettes to guess on, it's been too easy lately. No thanks to leaks sometimes.
In this batch, I just recognize the S2000. :lol:

And of the few others I remember was the Pagani Huayra and Zonda R. :D

I'm not good at this thing but I like to guess...

Thanks for the information, but that doesn't really change my mind. Yes, that shows the Levin with a gap, buuut it's not in the same position as the gap in the silhouette:
8c4ea39-2-jpg.845305

The gap is at the top part of the front end while the Levin's gap is further down. Not to mention the angle of front end still doesn't match the silhouette nor the curves being shown at the bottom of the headlight.
That hard horizontal line you're seeing is the top ridge of the flap opening. The yellow line above the word "Levin" on the grille.

Personally I would have guessed something German from the 80s like the E28 or E34 M5, E24 6 Series, or old Audi. But the hood/roof is too sloped to be any of the BMWs.

I don’t see the Levin there and it looks too long to be a Piazza

Literally no part of the silhouette matches either vehicle, except for the highlighted part reflecting light on the headlight being a mildly similar shape to the IDX LED lighting signature. All other parts are way off.
Exactly that’s only part of the car we can guess from in the first place, but maybe you see something I can’t

So guys if you look carefully, you will see that the nose of the car is sharp and has the shape of an arrow, but I still can’t understand what it is, now I am more inclined to think that this is an American car. Just zoom in the original image and you will see that the front of the silhouette does not end after a straight line

I TRIED to portray it in Paint

hood.png

hhhoo.png

That hard horizontal line you're seeing is the top ridge of the flap opening. The yellow line above the word "Levin" on the grille.
Now, I have thought the light reflecting off of the ridge, but then it wouldn't make sense. The Levin's front end is at a slope. When I say that, I mean when how the grill and lights are angled. If the silhouette was the Levin, we sould be seeing the light reflect off of the space above the opening and not the ridge above it.
zenkilevincoupehayashistreet_ae86dotnet.jpg

Also, I thought I would show what I was talking about before with the gap and bodyline. I can understand if someone thought that gap was just the hood gap and a shadow, but I don't think that's the case either. The dark space is wider than the shadow shown on the Levin above.
GTS Silhouette analysis.png

ss3
Exactly that’s only part of the car we can guess from in the first place, but maybe you see something I can’t

The bonnet line, windscreen line, most of the roof line, wing mirror, a rear edge that gives an idea of length are all also visible in the silhouette (especially in brightness adjusted images posted a few times throughout the thread by others, such as the post directly above this), which gives a solid idea of shape and proportion. There'd be more light reflecting from the sides if it were the IDX because of its form. It's too flat/squared-off/blocky to be a very curvy 156, and for that a lot more of the nose form would be visible. It's also too short to be a 156. The proportions match the Piazza, AE86, and AE92 that are relentlessly posted and you surely cannot have not seen already in the thread. The silhouette is very much like the forms of mid-late 80s Japanese compacts, from the proportions that can be seen.

A perfect match is yet to be found, but I will literally eat my computer if it happens to be a Nissan IDX or an Alfa Romeo 156 GTA.

So guys if you look carefully, you will see that the nose of the car is sharp and has the shape of an arrow, but I still can’t understand what it is, now I am more inclined to think that this is an American car. Just zoom in the original image and you will see that the front of the silhouette does not end after a straight line

I TRIED to portray it in Paint

View attachment 845349
View attachment 845350
1971-plymouth-road-runner-hardtop-coupe-1.jpg

Let’s say it’s the Levin, what kind of interior would it have? It wouldn’t be identical to the Trueno’s, would it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back