GT Sport's Next Update Reportedly Due August 27

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,148 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
lancia_gamma_coupe_1.jpg

Thank for finding this lancia...
its indeed very close...

I dont even know which lancia this is...
looks like a pinnifarinna design...

...but the rear view mirror doesnt match the mystery car....
but so far this is the closest guess

The strange highlight is probably an optical illusion caused by light reflection on bottom area of the headlight. Still convinced it is a Levin because if you compare to Trueno teaser silhouette it is completely similiar. If it is other car both silhouettes wouldn't even match.

View attachment 845409

Yeah, that would be awesome. Love old Skylines.
Imagine if they added Sykline DR30 2000 RS-X Turbo (hardtop version). I would just die ha ha

nissan_skyline_2000_turbo_rs-x_coupe_7.jpg

the bonnet and front dont match...

It can't be can it?!...

View attachment 845433

No. Surely not...
i dont so....

what is this car even
some sort off french car (peugeot or renault)

Yep, they nerfed it. I feel like it's made more for drifting than racing/time attacking now.
That sucks. And to think that this car can actually hit around a little more than 200mph in a straight line..

images (3).jpeg

Only thing I can think of that has slightly forward canted lights, fits a smaller coupe profile and curved bottom lights.

It will be fun going back through this thread and making a list of cars that people confuse for a Levin.

If it is fun why not? And yes, I agree that would be hilarious...:lol:

I know I won't. Why waste time looking back, when one could be looking ahead and racing whatever car the Levin silhouette turns out to be? :)

This is what I thinking as well, similiar to those early leak from Nurburgring event months ago showing unreleased June car pack in a flesh. Or just trying to spot whether the car will be put in one of Nations Cup race as we always did.

For God's sake! THIS IS NOT A LEVIN
A bit aggressive for someone whose best guess is a Simca :P

The hood and roof lines make it very hard to find another perfect match. But those headlights are so weird. I'm excited and I hope they send us something unexpected. i admit a Levin would be disappointing since we already got the Trueno.

And if it is non-JDM car :

audi-coupe-s2-b4-b3-eu-17-960x480.jpg

Not sure if it is accurate at least it feel nice for all of us trying to solve the mystery even though you miss the correct answer. :cheers:

oh man if only they added Audi coupe. I have built one with my dad and its an absolute shredder but we put so much effort in we are scared to drive it so having one to take round nordschleife would be a true dream come true

Would have been better if it was the Eclipse but the 3000GT is a decent choice, indeed.
I can’t agree there. I do like the eclipse but no near as Much that i love 3000 gt/gto. The 97 version is My favorite. And i think its the best looking car Mitsubishi ever created. What is nicer about the 3000 gt is that it can be tuned to twice as high bhp levels campared to the eclipse. And its a great straight line machine. I hope they let us bring somewhere between 700-900 bhp in the 3000 gt when the update drops

Thank for finding this lancia...
its indeed very close...

I dont even know which lancia this is...
looks like a pinnifarinna design...

...but the rear view mirror doesnt match the mystery car....
but so far this is the closest guess

the bonnet and front dont match...

i dont so....

what is this car even
some sort off french car (peugeot or renault)

It was a shocking British car called, wait for it, a 'Princess' :eek:...by the Austin-Morris division of British Leyland back in the 70s. I think we're going to be spared!!

I can’t agree there. I do like the eclipse but no near as Much that i love 3000 gt/gto. The 97 version is My favorite. And i think its the best looking car Mitsubishi ever created. What is nicer about the 3000 gt is that it can be tuned to twice as high bhp levels campared to the eclipse. And its a great straight line machine. I hope they let us bring somewhere between 700-900 bhp in the 3000 gt when the update drops
Well, that's where the 3000GT shines, actually. Power and handling is very good, since it's also a 4WD as well. The Eclipse has a much sportier appearance though but its biggest weakness? That lies in its drivetrain layout, which is a rather paltry front-wheel drive, something unusual for a sporty coupe like this. And despite having a larger engine, it's also down in power for like a little more than 10HP, too. However, the 3000GT only makes slightly more because it's turbocharged. The Eclipse could have been offered with the same package as well but for some unknown reasons, Mitsubishi didn't make it like that, which is a sad thing.

I swear, every time I see the car in the middle, I automatically think of the Carson Annihilator from Burnout Paradise

upload_2019-8-23_12-17-40.png

The shape of the headlight keeps reminding me of this one..

Also, at this point, I'm just assuming the lower right car is custom (just like February 2018, we were guessing for days and it turns out to not be what we expected), and maybe even the center one.

It was the ultimate starter in GT1, with all the upgrades you could do most of the career with it

Wasn't it a real world course?. If it is, then there is too much whistling for it not to be Spa.

Long awaited course + real would track + new to the series... 💡

Having a glance at the old suggestions forum, perhaps Sebring, Sonoma or Road America? They are amongst the most 'liked', and coincidentally all American (discounting the IOM TT Course and Pikes Peak which wouldn't be appropriate for the Event races), and they fit those three criteria.

edit: Maybe with the JDM-ness of the update cars, Ebisu...

Last edited:
It does look strikingly similar to the silhouette. But boy has this thread gone insane trying to guess what this car could be.:lol: I really don't think it's the Levin, there's that strange highlight underneath the headlight that's throwing me off. Where would that come from on a Levin?

A strong guess is that it's an 80s JDM hatchback, so anything that's an approximation of that silhouette seems like fair game. I still think the Levin is the frontrunner out of all of the guesswork that's come about. Of course, that's not a confirmation of anything. We won't know until we see a legit screen shot, some gameplay footage, or an official trailer.

Last edited:
Having a glance at the old suggestions forum, perhaps Sebring, Sonoma or Road America? They are amongst the most 'liked', and coincidentally all American (discounting the IOM TT Course and Pikes Peak which wouldn't be appropriate for the Event races), and they fit those three criteria.

edit: Maybe with the JDM-ness of the update cars, Ebisu...
We already have a lot of Japanese tracks... I will bet on Road America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back