GT Sport's Next Update Reportedly Due August 27

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,148 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
So happy about the huge content, to be honest I didnt expect that 2 years later PD could still release for free like this. To all the haters of new content I always remember that bought this game at the lauch for just 19.99 euros....great affair!! Anyway, as I wrote happy about the cars but really hope in the future PD will take a look more to American brands and europeans as Seat, Opel, Fiat, MG, Saab, Volvo who seems to be completely forgotten.

I feel your pain... what does it say about a car if its silhouette is so generic that it can't be distinguished from dozens of other cars?
I'll tell you what it says.
I'll tell you what it says in memespeak.
It says, "generic car is generic."
There's quite a few people here who have correctly guessed what it is and a lot of people deciding that tht isn't a good enough answer. It's very clearly a Levin.

Its magnificent that we are getting Spa!

Happy to see that PD and whomever manages the tracks affairs saw fit to come to an agreement. The cars list is disappointing to me. This game sorrly needs updated machinery. Some current street cars and race cars would be great. Or maybe even some of PD's own fictional cars from the past.

There's quite a few people here who have correctly guessed what it is and a lot of people deciding that tht isn't a good enough answer. It's very clearly a Levin.

None of those "quite a few" have explained why the headlights and grille look nothing like those of the Levin, or why there's a side light visible while the Levin has none. Perhaps you could shed some light on the subject since you're so certain about it?

None?
VXR
Altering the balances on this one, I'm convinced that it is indeed the Levin. Even the back highlights almost exactly the same way

View attachment 845612

None of those "quite a few" have explained why the headlights and grille look nothing like those of the Levin, or why there's a side light visible while the Levin has none. Perhaps you could shed some light on the subject since you're so certain about it?

Clearly not this particular car due to the position of the wing mirrors but the headlights look similar.
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190824150426.png

You could actually look through the thread and find your answers.
I distinctly said I don't want it to be the Levin, but I could see how it could be if it were. The side light that's visible is technically present in roughly the same place on the red AE86 Levin from GT6 that another user posted and the bump in the plastic side light cover is highlighted by the sun in said image. I agree the headlamps and grille don't match from what we see... but there could also be an unusual/unexpected reflection going on within the structures of the headlamp and the plastic grille that create a visual effect.
I couldn't match that headlamp/grille formation the lighting model shows with anything of that body shape from anything JDM ever. The conclusion for me is that it's most likely to be an AE86 Levin with some lighting model trickery (it'd certainly be easy for them to adjust the Trueno model in short time), or is another popular/legacy model from the same time period with the same proportions where the light is also reflected strangely (such as an Isuzu Piazza).

That being said, I don't think further dwelling on it or arguing over it is productive, since we could have an answer as soon as a few hours from now.
I've considered a whole host of models such as Cordia, Levin, Trueno, Piazza, Silvia, Celica, Corona, Auster, Langley, etc etc etc (legit every fastback bodied JDM) and I couldn't see that any were a perfect match. It could be an unusual Euro or US model (because I didn't match anything one would expect to appear in a GT game). But yeah, I'll have no hard feelings or smug joy whether I'm wrong or right. It's just a shadowy render.

Technically there's no official announcement about Spa either...

A teaser shows it's in the game and we know its in the last race in New York, but that does not 100% confirm it's in the update next week (it more than likely is, but some people said that about rain in this forum last month... :sly:

The diff on S2000s isn't really brittle at all. Some people are terrible drivers and don't maintain their cars well.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-forced-induction-142/have-you-broken-your-oem-differential-918342/

It’s well documented the S2000 diff can’t handle normal sports car abuse, drifting, or even boost. There are countless posts all over the internet and you’re invited to search for yourself. Furthermore, simply blaming the owner is delusion on par with RX-7 owners defending the pitfalls of rotary engines.

And the CDV was something being added to a lot of cars at the time. It is also common on plenty of race cars. The AP2 flywheel is definitely a bit heavy, but it was put in place more to better compliment the AP2 power band (even if that was a bit misguided).

“Because racecar” ... again with the delusion. At least you’re willing to admit the flywheel was a colossal mistake and ruined the spirit of the car.

An AP2 with an ecu reflash and an AP1 flywheel is a better car in every way than the AP1 in my opinion.

If mods are on the discussion table, why not just put AP2 sized wheels and tires on an AP1 and be done with it? Keeping in mind the AP1 is still ~50 pounds lighter, has stiffer susp, and the higher redline - which to reiterate the tail end of my post, “makes it the better racing machine.”

If you need to modify an AP2 to make it better than an AP1, it’s not. Period.

Hoping against hope & keeping my fingers crossed for an option to turn off the buggy unrealistic understeer vibration effect.

C'MON PD, FOR THE LOVE OF SIMULATION!

Tomorrow is the preview of the most of the new content i think, Cars, Spa and maybe rain in some other circuit.

Michelin tyre branding in Gr.4 cars in the Manu race! Maybe it comes in that October update.

So the Mystery Middle Car very definitely is the Corolla Levin, but I still can't see how that overbite/rounded lamp silhouette matches up! :lol:

Source? Haha
But yeah if it's the Levin it must be how the lighting model is reflected amongst the internal surfaces. I've seen enough weird architecture render results to know that it's possible.

I can´t get the point for why Sprinter and Levin in the same game if are the same car in specs, well the same thing goes for the 2 clios :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back