GT Sport's Next Update Reportedly Due August 27

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,148 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope more Evos follow soon. I want to see either Evos VII-IX back in the game.

Agreed, especially the Evo IX. Probably one of my favorite cars of all time.

At the very least, the fact that PD threw us the WRX and GTO has me convinced that they haven't entirely forgotten about Mitsubishi as a whole and the Impreza/Lancer line.

I hope more Evos follow soon. I want to see either Evos VII-IX back in the game.
Easiest way to add more Mitsubishis. ;)

I don't see PD adding Mitsubishis earlier than that late '80s Starion. We'd probably need to see early Skylines before those(Galant GTO, Colt, etc)

Agreed, especially the Evo IX. Probably one of my favorite cars of all time.

At the very least, the fact that PD threw us the WRX and GTO has me convinced that they haven't entirely forgotten about Mitsubishi as a whole and the Impreza/Lancer line.
I guess it wouldn't be bad adding it to the lineup, because that generation of the Evo used to be present in the film 2 Fast 2 Furious. So I hope PD does consider it.

I think it's good to see Polyphony putting in the extra work and recognizing the standard cars. The past few months, they've been updating A LOT of standard cars. This month is no exception. This month has more updated standard cars than returning premiums and all new cars combined.

Also a minor note, this specific Mitsubishi 3000GT was last seen in Gran Turismo 2. So does this mean we'll be getting more cars that last appeared in Gran Turismo 2?

I really don't mind the GC8 Impreza in this one because personally I think its about time the non 22B GC8 Impreza gets some attention.

Other than that, the Mitsubishi GTO is gonna be the standout car for this update for me.

Meanwhile I'm just remembering the days where I drove that particular GTO a lot back in GT1 with this song playing.

I think it's good to see Polyphony putting in the extra work and recognizing the standard cars. The past few months, they've been updating A LOT of standard cars. This month is no exception. This month has more updated standard cars than returning premiums and all new cars combined.

Also a minor note, this specific Mitsubishi 3000GT was last seen in Gran Turismo 2. So does this mean we'll be getting more cars that last appeared in Gran Turismo 2?
In that silhouette battle for the middle car, homeforsummer posted that collage of cars. It looked a bit like the fox-body Mustang.

We had the SN95 in GT2, but not the 82-90s models. Would go well with the Camaro Concept from GT4.

Last edited:
4 of the 5 cars are become completely remodeled.
- S2000, WRX, Levin were standar cars in GT6
- Silvia is the only premium comes from GT6, but depend if is the Dia Selection S13
- GTO/3000GT only appeared in GT1 and GT2 no PS2 and PS3 era, full new car and i think is the only racing game what has this particular model

Last edited:
I think you've had enough internet for today, you should have a lie down if you can't see how different those cars are.

Oh my god, you’re so right. I just took a

~NAP~

and now,
I can see HOW TOTALLY DIFFERENT these cars are

EADA9A09-B9F0-4A41-B7C0-3C7CE49FA48C.jpeg

Totally not identical
At all

2C34B7F7-933B-42E1-AD34-0447D8740D6B.jpeg

ABSOLUTELY WORTHY OF ADDITION AND NOT IDENTICAL IN ANY WAY

Oh yes, they are exactly the same indeed except for the fenders, the bumpers, wing, engine, suspension, breaks, wheels, and the interior. Oh and how they drive.
picard-facepalm.jpg

Oh you forgot taillights too!!

49218765-1586-4737-9A14-86EFA06A19A8.jpeg

Look how different the taillights are!
The cluster is analogue too I bet.

PD really needs to update their car list to reflect DIFFERENCES IN TRIM LEVELS AND GAUGE CLUSTERS

HA HA HA HA

I mean...aside from the incredibly obvious trolling, there is something to be said about PD putting more or less identical (To the layman's eyes anyway) vehicles into the game (The Trueno and the Levin, most notably the '15 and 16' Clio RS', I won't comment on the Imprezas considering the standard version and the 22B STi are very different in terms of what they are for, and power curves) when there's already problems with the car list basically having been exclusively road cars over the past few months (Barring frankly useless classic race cars cast off into the land of misfit toys in Group X) and very little actual additions to the game's most important classes by virtue of the game that it actually is: Groups 1, 3 and 4.

It's really a Catch 22: Polyphony is trying to play catch up and get people to play the single player that they've more or less shoved into the game like a square peg in a round hole (forgetting the fact that Polyphony could have, I dunno, tried to alleviate in the very beginning by making events that weren't chase the rabbit scenarios considering many other racing games currently offer just as good AI, and also do it right at the start, but whatever) but have more or less abandoned, at the moment, the one thing that they've pushed since the very beginning by not adding any new, somewhat modern GT4 and 3 cars (That aren't just 90's GT1 cars BOP'd to infinity to fit the class, or a spec series car that has absolutely no reason being in the equivalent GT4 class considering it's origins) to change up the online racing.

Like...at what point does it give?

Oh my god, you’re so right. I just took a

~NAP~

and now,
I can see HOW TOTALLY DIFFERENT these cars are

View attachment 846125

Totally not identical
At all

View attachment 846126

ABSOLUTELY WORTHY OF ADDITION AND NOT IDENTICAL IN ANY WAY
As others have said, welcome to my block list, people like you are the reason it was invented.
You can't have a reasonable discussion on here with anyone who has a different view point to you without resorting to that patronising tone that's been in all your posts on this thread. Good luck.

Let me tell you a story about my mates, the Ferrari FXX, the 430 Scuderia, the 599GTB, the 365 Daytona, the Lamborghini Gallardo, Murcielago and many more high performance cars from past games that are not in GT sport, but easily could be. Would those cars not be more interesting than a carbon copy sub 200bhp un noteworthy hatch back from the 1980s coming to the game? That car being basically a trueno, itself an unremarkable car that is only famous due to an anime series! Doesn't ARTAsean have the right to point out how these design choices when it comes to DLC is getting mundane and more so by the month. Why do you people get so sensitive when someone critisizes PDs decisions? Why is it such a sacred cow to you, that you need to defend its honour with such vigour and blind allegiance?

Let me tell you a story about my mates, the Ferrari FXX, the 430 Scuderia, the 599GTB, the 365 Daytona, the Lamborghini Gallardo, Murcielago and many more high performance cars from past games that are not in GT sport, but easily could be. Would those cars not be more interesting than a carbon copy sub 200bhp un noteworthy hatch back from the 1980s coming to the game? That car being basically a trueno, itself an unremarkable car that is only famous due to an anime series! Doesn't ARTAsean have the right to point out how these design choices when it comes to DLC is getting mundane and more so by the month. Why do you people get so sensitive when someone critisizes PDs decisions? Why is it such a sacred cow to you, that you need to defend its honour with such vigour and blind allegiance?

1 - Modify existing models to create variants requires a lot less time than making a new model from scratch, so who talks about 12 months of man hours wasted is clearly a troll

2 - PDI are clearly keeping aside many important models for GT7, after 2 years of free updates is a miracle that we are still getting cars (and tracks) for free

it is true that it lacks a lot of model but the fia just passed the second speed with gts partnership with michelin French series cars should see the day in the next update, the racing model reserved for GT7!

1 - Modify existing models to create variants requires a lot less time than making a new model from scratch, so who talks about 12 months of man hours wasted is clearly a troll

2 - PDI are clearly keeping aside many important models for GT7, after 2 years of free updates is a miracle that we are still getting cars (and tracks) for free
Important models for GT7 in my opinion are up to date models and so forth... C8 vettes, ford GT 2017, Ferrari 488 or newer one for example, and newer race cars, GT, new le man's hypercar category etc. That should be the main car focus in GT 7. The small list I mentioned and there are more examples, are all laser scanned premiums in GT6 and wouldn't be hard (much easier than doing the car from scratch) to put in sport... Much more interesting than trueno twins and so forth. It's a racing game for goodness sake, don't people want fast cars to drive?

Because, IMHO Gran turismo is more about the normal cars rather than high performance vehicles, note that still PD should make a bigger effort on maintaining a balance between the diferent categories. For example, instead of having a 5 japanese car pack, they could have choose a 2 japanese cars 2 european and 1 american or something like that. It simply promotes more variety.
Personally, I am quite happy with this pack since normal road cars are my favorite to drive and feel more special than super and hyper cars. for one simple reason, nobody else remembers to put something like a 99 WRX STI in a game when you have the special version. Most people call it a waste of time and logically yes, It is a waste of time and resources but to my inner long time GT fan, this is exacly the type of cars that I love to have in the game.

Last edited:
Why is there debate over the Impreza that's coming in this update? It's a four-door goddammit.

Because, IMHO Gran turismo is more about the normal cars rather than high performance vehiches ,note that still PD should make a bigger effort on maintaining a balance between the diferent categories. For example, instead of having a 5 japanese car pack, they could have choose a 2 japanese cars 2 european and 1 american or something like that. It simply promotes more variety.
Personally, I am quite happy with this pack since normal road cars are my favorite to drive and feel more special than super and hyper cars. for one simple reason, nobody else remembers to put something like a 99 WRX STI in a game when you have a special version. Most people call it a waste of time and logically yes, It is a waste of time and resources but to my inner long time GT fan, this is exacly the type of cars that I love to have in the game.
That's all fair enough! Don't get me wrong, I like driving everyday cars in the game as well... I just feel the last few months have been quite saturated with them, more variety in these car packs in the coming months would be nice!

It seems that we can't have peace in this thread. Only solution would have been waiting until the update arrived and compare each other impression. That would be much fair point of view to judge in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back