GT Sport's Next Update Reportedly Due August 27

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,148 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone happen to know the story behind the front badge logo used on this Impreza? 20 years ago I was often wondering why it didn’t wear the typical star cluster badge, and now I’m suddenly reminded by the image shared above.
The badge is colored "Cherry Blossom Red" even though it's really pink. That is the official promotional color of the STi in the 1990's. The "I" in the middle of the badge stands for Impreza.

It will certainly be the coupe Impreza Version VI '99, you can clearly see a rear windshield wiper, which was available only on the coupe model, the sedan didn't have it (as usual for most sedans). Sad news for those who wanted the 4-door Impreza back.
The 4-doors also had the rear wiper blade.
This is the same car (Sedan) in Gran Turismo 4:

Notice the rear wiper blade. So I feel it's not the coupe.

One IRL, costs you 100k , the other costs like 20k. They aren't similar in any way, shape or form.

ARTA just likes to complain for the sake of it.

tHeSe CaRs aRe COMPLETELY DIFFERENT...
G u I s E!!!!

D65A9C56-8BD3-42EC-9DB0-8279252B408A.jpeg

5A1FDF37-6639-43A3-AE91-94FCAF05FC67.jpeg

IN EVERY
WaY
ShApE
and
FoRm

It will certainly be the coupe Impreza Version VI '99, you can clearly see a rear windshield wiper, which was available only on the coupe model, the sedan didn't have it (as usual for most sedans). Sad news for those who wanted the 4-door Impreza back.
I don't mind about that though.

Sedan or coupe body for the Impreza makes no major difference to me.

Sedan would be nice simply because it looks slightly different. That’s all.

Coupe would nice because it provides more of an even comparison to the superior 22B.

Let’s see eventually and try not to lose our minds until then. Holy cow things can escalate quickly. :lol:

People may complain those cars are not new to GT but some of us may have notice that some DLC cars are standard cars on previous titles with poor quality textures. I guess giving them premium treatment and featured them in a current title is worthy. I know people opinion may differ but that is what I thought.

Yup. Very different color, indeed.

Like I said, you don't have to try so hard...

The 22B actually does have a marginally different body to the regular STI though, I totally forgot that the 22B has a wider track and so has the WRC-style widebody. I didn't realise that it was different to the body of the normal STI Type R.
So it's even more of a different beast than I remembered!
Now re-evaluating my self-proclaimed knowledge of JDM cars :crazy:

The 22B actually does have a marginally different body to the regular STI though, I totally forgot that the 22B has a wider track and so has the WRC-style widebody. I didn't realise that it was different to the body of the normal STI Type R.
So it's even more of a different beast than I remembered!
Now re-evaluating my self-proclaimed knowledge of JDM cars :crazy:
They also have different flat fours

Any news yet Which tracks will have rain??? I saw a photo of red bull ring have 2 time for wet was there any other ???

Any news yet Which tracks will have rain??? I saw a photo of red bull ring have 2 time for wet was there any other ???

As far as I know Red Bull Ring is the only track known so far, with two time of day slots with rain. Been following the event this weekend pretty closely and I don't believe other tracks have been seen.

Personally I'm being cautious, setting my expectations low. But my optimist side thinks back, that Red Bull Ring already had rain a couple of months ago at the last live event, so there is hoping for maybe a couple of other tracks as well.

I guess we won't really know for sure until the update hits, and fortunately that is soon! :D

As far as I know Red Bull Ring is the only track known so far, with two time of day slots with rain. Been following the event this weekend pretty closely and I don't believe other tracks have been seen.

Personally I'm being cautious, setting my expectations low. But my optimist side thinks back, that Red Bull Ring already had rain a couple of months ago at the last live event, so there is hoping for maybe a couple of other tracks as well.

I guess we won't really know for sure until the update hits, and fortunately that is soon! :D

Ya I was watching too but maybe member from forum who were there live got more info, I am super happy for spa, I hope it’s get a wet race too,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back