GT Sport's Next Update Reportedly Due August 27

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,148 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Kaz talked about how he'd have carefully think about which Australian car(s) to add, it'd be interesting to see what would be placed before him.

A9X? Falcon Phase IV? Leyland P76?
The first two definitely can and should be included, but I'm not too sure how PD would get the licence for Leyland.

When Kaz talked about how he'd have carefully think about which Australian car(s) to add, it'd be interesting to see what would be placed before him.

A9X? Falcon Phase IV? Leyland P76?

I’d quite like to see an AU Falcon, specifically the XR6.

ford_falcon_xr6_vct_0037011708b10681.jpg

The I6 Falcon’s, especially those with the Barra, are generally regarded as better cars than the V8 models over here. They can make tremendous power out of nothing.

How many updates have NOT featured a Porsche in recent months? We’ve had various gen 911’s, 356, 962. Porsche have an illustrious history so it’s difficult to pin down what could be next. Obvious ones are 959, 918, 917, 919 Evo.

After the recent Mazda MX-5 one make car. Maybe we’ll finally get the 911 Cup. Although knowing PD it’ll be a 924.

*924 GTS is very cool

Don't know if we'd get another USA a car so soon. I called the C8, earlier, but after those Brand/update posts, I'm really boggled by what would come next. Sure, I could just wait like everyone else. Thing is, the standard car list is so vast.

The Dodge Charger and Plymouth Road Runner come to mind. I was thinking how the Camaro completed the early "pony car" era. No real muscle cars, other than the Hellcat. Do PD lead with a Superbird? Maybe an old school GTX like we had in GT2? Why not the Chevelle or Tempest or a more modern car like the GNX? My brain is fried. Long drive for me and the wife tomorrow. Time for bed...

I just cant wait to see how the rain effect will push the ps4 pro in 4k, or even in 1080p, pd must of found a way to maximize the hardware just like in the ps3 day with gt6.

Those manufacturers having low car counts actually don't surprise me nearly as much as Mitsubishi's minimal DLC.
The obvious Mitsubishi is the Evo 6 TME. I’d really like to see some full competition versions of all these homologation specials. With no race brakes or chassis upgrades. There’s little you can do other than run ‘em in near stock form.

Reactions: VXR
Obvious ones are 959, 918, 917, 919 Evo.

I just cant wait to see how the rain effect will push the ps4 pro in 4k, or even in 1080p, pd must of found a way to maximize the hardware just like in the ps3 day with gt6.

I still wouldnt hold my breath on rain coming. The FPS of the stream from that rain condition race was hideously low - especially in replay view.

Last edited by a moderator:
So does Infiniti, Tesla, Pontiac, Daihatsu, Suzuki, TVR and Hyundai.
You know, those brands are very lucky to be present in GT Sport, unlike Land Rover or Lotus, both of which are still basically non-existant in the game regardless.

So, what are everyone's educated guesses on this month's content? I imagine the car count will once again be 5, and the possibility of a track or new layout(s). My guesses are below.

Cars:
Mazda éfini RX-7 Type R (FD) '91 (Returning Premium)
Ferrari Testarossa (unsure on Model/Year) (New)
Isuzu 4200R Concept '89 (Returning Premium/Manufacturer)
Toyota 7 Race Car '70 (Returning Standard)
[Modern Race Car]

Track:
Twin Ring Motegi

Last edited:
So, what are everyone's educated guesses on this month's content? I imagine the car count will once again be 5, and the possibility of a track or new layout(s). My guesses are below.

Cars:
Mazda éfini RX-7 Type R (FD) '91 (Returning Premium)
Ferrari Testarossa (unsure on Model/Year) (New)
Isuzu 4200R Concept '89 (Returning Premium/Manufacturer)
Toyota 7 Race Car '70 (Returning Standard)
[Modern Race Car]

Track:
Twin Ring Motegi
If the pattern continues from the last two updates, here's mine then in terms of cars.

- Mazda RX-8 Type S '07
- Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10B) '68
- Any of the cars from the Racing Car Pack (except the RB X2011 since the X2019 takes that spot and the Roadster TC)
- Chevrolet Nova SS '70 or any classic premium muscle car that hasn't made it to GTS yet.
- A very expensive car worth 10 million or more.

Can't make a guess on the track however.

i don't see a low FPS in the 2 hd youtube videos,

I was watching this live and there was some judded on framerate when ever they had multiple cars on shot with rain reflections. Might be just live game streaming limitations though.

Those manufacturers having low car counts actually don't surprise me nearly as much as Mitsubishi's minimal DLC.
Each manufacturer has their own cool cars. Though some would require more work for PD to add cars of the brand.
Infiniti has the G35 (premium in GT6), G37/IPL G and Q60. Tesla has the Roadster (premium), Model 3 Performance, Model S and X P100D. Pontiac has the G8 GXP, Firebird GTA, Tempest and original GTO. Daihatsu has the OFC-1 (premium), New Copen, Midget, and Storia. Suzuki has the Cervo SR (premium), Cappuccino (premuim), Escudo PP, New Swift Sport and Alto Turbo. TVR has the Tamora (premium), Cerbera Speed 12, Griffith and New Griffith. Last but not least is Hyundai. They have Veloster N, i 30 N and last gen Veloster Turbo. But yeah Mitsubishi being such an iconic brand for GT, the dealership only having a few cars is really weird. They have the FTO (semi-premium), GTO, Eclipse and the remaining Evos. Specifically the VI and IX.

Nations Cup | Repechage
Category:Super Formula
Track:Blue Moon Bay Speedway
Tyre Selection:Racing Hard
Number of Laps:15 Laps
Fuel Consumption Rate:2 x
Tyre Wear Rate:12 x

Now thats a crapshoot of a repechage.. :lol:

That's like a lottery .....:crazy:

2JZ, RWD, designed by an AE86 engineer... I’ll take it, those cars are awesome (presumably you’re talking about the Altezza)
Wasnt the Aristo the one with the 2JZ engine and the Altezza just your normal 4 cylinder engine??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back