GT Sport's Next Update Reportedly Due August 27

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,148 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Plymouth and Pontiac, I'd love to see the Prowler and Solstice return/be added to the game. I think those both would be fun road cars especially with tuning. I agree that Scion likely won't show up, nothing significantly different from Toyota's lineup. At this point, aside from Lotus if they ever figure out the licensing issues, and maybe Bentley as a returning car, I don't know if we'll see any new brands in GT Sport.

Wasnt the Chrysler Concept Car in GTI & GTII a Prowler ?? I loved that car!!!

Wasnt the Chrysler Concept Car in GTI & GTII a Prowler ?? I loved that car!!!
No. You're probably thinking of the Dodge Copperhead which was just called the Dodge Concept car.
latest

Or the Chrysler Phaeton.
latest

The Prowler debuted in Gran Turismo 4.

No. You're probably thinking of the Dodge Copperhead which was just called the Dodge Concept car.
latest

Or the Chrysler Phaeton.
latest

The Prowler debuted in Gran Turismo 4.

The Concept Car was a Chrysler IIRC and it was definately a car that looked very, very similar to the Prowler but I think the Prowler had not been released by Chrysler yet, hence the name Concept Car. It was definately in GTI & GTII

Edit: According to the info I found you are correct. I could swear that I almost always used a very light weight Chrysler or Dodge (Plymouth?) that had a v6 engine. It was purple, a roadster, and had those small front motorcycle fenders that turn with the tires on the front. Now I am going to have to drag out my old Playstation and the original Gran Turismo and hope I can find my memory card so I can see what I was driving. Old age sucks!!!

Last edited:
Since PD has been adding more cars from the 1950's in the recent months, I think it's safe to say that we might get one or two the next update. Most of which they've been adding have been new to the series such as the D-Type, 356, and the DB3S so the trend might continue with some more of the Pebble Beach winners showing up. The Abarth Biposto Bertone has been the only returning car from Gran Turismo 6.

List of 1950's cars in GT6:
- Abarth 1500 Biposto Bertone B.A.T 1 '52 Premium
- BMW 507 '57 Premium
- Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C1) '54 Standard
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Racer Concept '59 Premium
- Citroën 2cv Type A '54 Standard
- Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupé '54 Premium
- Subaru 360 '58 Standard

From this list, I see the chances of the 507 and or the 300 SL returning very likely for a few reasons. They both are premium cars in GT6 and they both have their modern day counterparts already in GT Sport (BMW Z8 and Mercedes SLS).
As for the rest, the standard cars are less likely as always but of which I think the C1 Corvette has the biggest chance because the C2 and C3 Corvettes have already been added to the game. I could only see the 2cv and the 360 come back mainly for the reason Subaru and Citroën currently don't have any "classic" cars in the roster.

Since PD has been adding more cars from the 1950's in the recent months, I think it's safe to say that we might get one or two the next update. Most of which they've been adding have been new to the series such as the D-Type, 356, and the DB3S so the trend might continue with some more of the Pebble Beach winners showing up. The Abarth Biposto Bertone has been the only returning car from Gran Turismo 6.

- BMW 507 '57 Premium

From this list, I see the chances of the 507 and or the 300 SL returning very likely for a few reasons. They both are premium cars in GT6 and they both have their modern day counterparts already in GT Sport (BMW Z8 and Mercedes SLS).
As for the rest, the standard cars are less likely as always but of which I think the C1 Corvette has the biggest chance because the C2 and C3 Corvettes have already been added to the game. I could only see the 2cv and the 360 come back mainly for the reason Subaru and Citroën currently don't have any "classic" cars in the roster.
I'd see the Subaru comeback because of the kei cars, 500 and Mini '65

- BMW 507 '57 Premium

Unless I'm mistaken, haven't all of the formerly standard cars added to GT Sport been Japanese? If that's the case, then the Subaru 360 '58 has a very good shot of getting a premium facelift.

Is the original leak speculating on the cars & tracks. Or does their data indicate these additions are coming? I understand it could be more difficult to predict rain. The code may already show it’s implementation. But we don’t know,l when it will be released to the public.

Off the top of my head the ‘61 Jaguar was previously standard. There may be more.

You're right about the E-Type. I still think Japanese standards have a far greater shot at being upgraded to premium since there seem to be more examples compared to their non-Japanese counterparts:

'65 Toyota Sports 800
'66 Honda S800
'92 Honda NSX Type R
'98 Honda Civic Type R
'98 Honda Integra Type R
'83 Toyota Sprinter Trueno
'91 Honda Beat
'92 Nissan R92CP Race Car
'97 Toyota Supra
'97 Toyota MR-2
'98 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 22B

Last edited:
These too
'92 Honda NSX Type R
'98 Honda Civic Type R
'98 Honda Integra Type R

So, update on the 27th of August which is likely to include rain?
Hmmm... The Spa F1 race is on Sept. 1st......

Just sayin', it would be a good time to unveil rain in GTS as well as Spa-Francorchamps.

Let's see if Kaz works in a logical way (& they were able to negotiate on a reasonable price with the track management)... Crossing fingers...

You're right about the E-Type. I still think Japanese standards have a far greater shot at being upgraded to premium since there seem to be more examples compared to their non-Japanese counterparts:

'65 Toyota Sports 800
'66 Honda S800
'92 Honda NSX Type R
'98 Honda Civic Type R
'98 Honda Integra Type R
'83 Toyota Sprinter Trueno
'91 Honda Beat
'92 Nissan R92CP Race Car
'97 Toyota Supra
'97 Toyota MR-2
Well if this a pattern that continues then I guess the 360 may have a better chance as well since they added the S800 and the Sports 800.

Well if this a pattern that continues then I guess the 360 may have a better chance as well since they added the S800 and the Sports 800.

My guesses for standard JDM classics making the jump to premium:

Subaru 360 '58
Nissan SKYLINE 1500Deluxe (S50D-1) '63
Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10B) '68

And less likely given that Isuzu is currently not featured in GTS:

Isuzu 117 COUPE '68

Not to forget the Mazda Cosmo 110.
My guesses for standard JDM classics making the jump to premium:

Subaru 360 '58
Nissan SKYLINE 1500Deluxe (S50D-1) '63
Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10B) '68

And less likely given that Isuzu is currently not featured in GTS:

Isuzu 117 COUPE '68
-Subaru 360 '58
-Mazda Carol 360 Deluxe '62
-Nissan SKYLINE Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) '62
-Honda S500 '63
-Nissan SKYLINE 1500Deluxe (S50D-1) '63
-Honda S600 '64
-Toyota Sports 800 '65
-Nissan SILVIA (CSP311) '65
-Honda S800 '66
-Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10A) '67 or (L10B) '68
-Honda N360 '67
-Nissan Skyline 2000GT-B (S54B) '67
-Isuzu 117 COUPE '68
-Nissan Fairlady 2000 (SR311) '68
-Nissan BLUEBIRD 1600 Deluxe (510) '69
-Isuzu Bellet 1600 GT-R '69
-Mitsubishi Galant GTO MR '70
-Toyota CELICA 1600GT (TA22) '70
-Toyota 7 '70
-Honda Z ACT '70
-Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S '70
-Nissan SKYLINE Hard Top 2000GT-R (KPGC10) '70
-Nissan Fairlady 240ZG (HS30) '71
-Honda LIFE STEP VAN '72
-Nissan SKYLINE 2000GT-R (KPGC110) '73
-Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR '74
-Mitsubishi MIRAGE 1400GLX '78
-Dome ZERO '78
-Nissan Fairlady Z 280Z-L 2seater (S130) '78
-Nissan Bluebird Hardtop 1800SSS (910) '79
-Honda CIVIC 1500 3door CX '79

The cars highlighted in bold I think have a greater chance of becoming premium in the near future. I'm pretty sure one of those will show up in an update.

All this talk about old cars and not a single person has asked themselves why on earth PD has barely added any MODERN cars

I know you've gotta take into account modeling time and such but it's getting a bit ridiculous now

NFS gets a Polestar 1 and we get a Toyota Tundra, you love to see it!!1!11!

I know you've gotta take into account modeling time and such but it's getting a bit ridiculous now

NFS gets a Polestar 1 and we get a Toyota Tundra, you love to see it!!1!11!
NFS gets a polestar with a scaffolding tower on it and the same marketing as Far Cry: New Dawn

Don't really feel too left out, to be honest.

Personally I'd like a Caterham, great for racing.

NFS gets a polestar with a scaffolding tower on it and the same marketing as Far Cry: New Dawn

Oof, good point actually...

Ignoring the...questionable modifications it's still a pretty nice car that'd be a nice addition to the game.

I'd love to see a Caterham too but I'm not confident PD will provide

I wonder if there will ever be a Datsun category? Fugu Z is technically a Datsun.

Only because I dislike the Fairlady and Bluebird names. :lol:

All this talk about the Mazda Cosmo and the other Japanese classics has got me excited. I adore the Cosmo so I’d be thrilled to see it return in super-premium form.

However... I want to see this more than anything:
latest

I still remember the day I finally amassed 320,000 credits to buy this beauty in GT4. Something about it just fascinated my 5 year old self.

Last edited:
The Concept Car was a Chrysler IIRC and it was definately a car that looked very, very similar to the Prowler but I think the Prowler had not been released by Chrysler yet, hence the name Concept Car. It was definately in GTI & GTII

Edit: According to the info I found you are correct. I could swear that I almost always used a very light weight Chrysler or Dodge (Plymouth?) that had a v6 engine. It was purple, a roadster, and had those small front motorcycle fenders that turn with the tires on the front. Now I am going to have to drag out my old Playstation and the original Gran Turismo and hope I can find my memory card so I can see what I was driving. Old age sucks!!!
For a moment there, I thought you were talking about this:
full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back