GT Sport's Next Update Reportedly Due August 27

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,148 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I appreciate they are finally adding a Mitsubishi GTO, I'm not done asking for this rare and underrated beauty from 1999:

latest

I know it's not as technologically sophisticated as the first generation, but it's by far the best looking version in my opinion.
YES SIR!

As much as I appreciate they are finally adding a Mitsubishi GTO, I'm not done asking for this rare and underrated beauty from 1999:

latest

I know it's not as technologically sophisticated as the first generation, but it's by far the best looking version in my opinion.
Personally i would love the first gen shape , because it's oddball and have Pop up headlights with the long rear light bar , also it's the most underrated of the popular 90s japanese sports cars , Mitsubishi 3000GT's in general have a tendency to be overlooked in Comparsion to the other japanese sports cars

Personally i would love the first gen , because it's oddball and have Pop up headlights with the long rear light bar , also it's the most underrated of the popular 90s japanese sports cars
My preference is the 96 twin turbo. It had the best design thanks to the hoop style spoiler imo.

I hope that they're still gonna keep putting g more of them in. I just hope they dont put the SL or the SR model. Those lack the power to race properly.

As much as I appreciate they are finally adding a Mitsubishi GTO, I'm not done asking for this rare and underrated beauty from 1999
I wouldn't stop asking for it either, there's room for both generations. PD has added 3 generations of the Skyline GT-R and 3 generations of the Toyota Supra. I think 2 more generations of the GTO is fair by that standard, but that's just me. :)

---
Between the 3 gens, I like the 2nd Gen GTO/3000GT the most in appearance. Especially the facelifted one with the wing. I'm still hoping for an Evolution VI Lancer to return, that's my favorite one. or maybe the Evolution V.

I hope y'all who were constantly whinning about Spa gets to STFU now!

All I want is my dear Interlagos with the proper weather, I literally couldn't care less about the rest

I think the 3000 gt with twinturbo makes 320 bhp. Can’t remember what the eclipse makes. But eclipse gsx has 4wd if i am not mistaken
But the last two generations aren't, especially the last one, which sucks since it's the most appealing of all IMHO.

Don't know if this is the right place to ask but has anyone at the World Tour events looked into Brand Central there yet to see the new cars?

I mean the S13, GTO and S2000 are a given but I wouldn't mind some closure on the last two cars (the middle and bottom right silhouettes. I know the bottom right looks like a first-gen Impreza though).

Don't know if this is the right place to ask but has anyone at the World Tour events looked into Brand Central there yet to see the new cars?

I mean the S13, GTO and S2000 are a given but I wouldn't mind some closure on the last two cars (the middle and bottom right silhouettes. I know the bottom right looks like a first-gen Impreza though).
Is the same thing i asked before, but seems no one yet. They are being judicious this time.

I'd gladly take Trial Mountain or Deep Forrest over Spa. I haz a disappoint. :(

Thoughts on the Galant VR4, as the mystery car.

Neoclassics-Show-8-copy-1200x800.jpg

One of my favorite cars from GT & GT2. A race modded VR4 was my car of choice for endurance races...back when they were REAL endurance races.

I would honestly rather have no car at all than any of these Communist bloc-esque cars that you guys have been posting the last few pages.

I appreciate the diligence though.

The cool thing is that this update will probably be the cheapest one ever, I think all the cars bought together won't even reach 200.000 Cr, it makes me like this selection even more. Proof that it doesn't need to be expensive to be very interesting. Can't wait to drive them all, especially the GTO.

I would honestly rather have no car at all than any of these Communist bloc-esque cars that you guys have been posting the last few pages.

I appreciate the diligence though.
I feel your pain... what does it say about a car if its silhouette is so generic that it can't be distinguished from dozens of other cars?
I'll tell you what it says.
I'll tell you what it says in memespeak.
It says, "generic car is generic."

The cool thing is that this update will probably be the cheapest one ever, I think all the cars bought together won't even reach 200.000 Cr, it makes me like this selection even more. Proof that it doesn't need to be expensive to be very interesting. Can't wait to drive them all, especially the GTO.
And the best thing from all of this is the fact that most if not all of it are new to the franchise in premium form, makes it even more worth it.

I'm going to put it out there - - - I was thinking the 'mystery' 5th vehicle may be a Buick GNX? Im not ultra confident about that though-the details observable in the silhouette are too vague for me to tell.

I'm in the Isuzu Piazza camp. So stoked for SPA, with rain will cause a collective Simgasim.:bowdown:

The AP1 has a notoriously brittle differential. It’s fine for spirited driving, but not at all built for clutch-drops and general abuse.

When it came to the AP2, Honda addressed this - not by strengthening the diff, no. Instead, they put in an extremely heavy flywheel, and a CDV - clutch delay valve.

If you’ve ever driven an AP2 hard, you’ll notice it right away. The car acts like the clutch is slipping all the time because the entire drivetrain is neutered.

This obviously won’t be simulated in a video game - so by numbers alone the AP2 will be slightly faster. But if I had to pick which one of these is the better racing machine, AP1 all the way.

The diff on S2000s isn't really brittle at all. Some people are terrible drivers and don't maintain their cars well. And the CDV was something being added to a lot of cars at the time. It is also common on plenty of race cars. The AP2 flywheel is definitely a bit heavy, but it was put in place more to better compliment the AP2 power band (even if that was a bit misguided). An AP2 with an ecu reflash and an AP1 flywheel is a better car in every way than the AP1 in my opinion.

Hmm, do you think the pre-facelift AP1 is better than after-facelift AP2? I remember that in GT5/6 the older AP1 models had more HP and higher PP levels overall, but then again I heard that AP2 has better power band and more torque.

The AP1 was listed as having higher peak power, but no stock AP1 engine will dyno higher than an AP2 engine given the same condition and fuel. An AP2 will always be quicker around corners stock for stock due to the increased tire sizes.

All that said I am VERY glad PD are adding a properly modeled AP1 into GT Sport! Historically PD have done a very good job in past Gran Turismos modeling the driving dynamics of the S2000, should be amazing. Hope they add the 2006 AP2 back in as well.

1.4X - September 24th (Week after the Red Bull Hanger 7 World Tour)
1.4X - October 29th (About 2 days after the Tokyo Auto Show World Tour)
1.4X - November 26th ( About 2 days after the World Final) => FRENCH monaco
1.4X - December 24th (As opposed to the 31st for obvious reasons)

1.4X version update :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back